• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Zyteus

Dredgen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes just update through System Settings although I highly recommend you switch to Luma3DS. There are plenty of tutorials to show you how to make the switch.
And another question, would updating the emuNAND prevent me from using homebrew applications? Thanks for answering my questions btw.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And another question, would updating the emuNAND prevent me from using homebrew applications? Thanks for answering my questions btw.
No because you can either use Homebrew through your sysNAND or download the Homebrew Launcher loader and install that CIA to use Homebrew on your emuNAND. However if you decide to use the Homebrew Launcher loader, you'll need to follow my instructions that I wrote here to download the payload for it and naming it properly.

Reactions: Zyteus

Zyteus

Dredgen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No because you can either use Homebrew through your sysNAND or download the Homebrew Launcher loader and install that CIA to use Homebrew on your emuNAND. However if you decide to use the Homebrew Launcher loader, you'll need to follow my instructions that I wrote here to download the payload for it and naming it properly.
Would I need to update the emuNAND before or after downloading the payload?

dark7wizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it should still work fine, but rxTools is very, very outdated at this point and has been abandoned by the dev team for several months.

I'd recommend setting up Arm9LoaderHax and Luma3DS (CFW) by following this guide. If you don't want to install A9LH, I'd still recommend updating to a newer CFW (such as Luma).
thank you.
i updated emunand and now i am able to access eshop and run my purchased games as well as other installed cias

as long as it can run new games i dont care to replace rxtools

are there any games i wont be able to install?

mojostyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking for a lil guidance, I've a o3ds on ofw 2.1.0-4 u. seeing what are my best options, looking to install lumas cfw, not entirely interested in ahl9. Thanks.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking for a lil guidance, I've a o3ds on ofw 2.1.0-4 u. seeing what are my best options, looking to install lumas cfw, not entirely interested in ahl9. Thanks.
Go here to find out what you need to do in order to upgrade to 9.2.0, then follow this guide to set up Luma3DS. Do Section II - Injecting FBI of this guide so that you can install CIA files with FBI, a CIA installer.

Reactions: mojostyle

zazor5000

professional normie
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by zazor5000,

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not upgrading then.Already there is still now way to downgrade to 9.2 without hardmod or dsiware.
this isnt about an upgrade, read the link, they are temporarily shutting down internet programs such as miiverse and eshop, it says nothing about an upgrade, he is purely making speculations

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant