Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,896,729
  • Replies Replies 54,465
  • Likes Likes 44
No? What is it?
Go to the first post on the JKSM thread, scroll to the bottom of that post. Attached is a file called MHGSV.zip. Download that, extract it, and merge the 3ds folder in that file with the 3ds folder in your SD card. Access it through the Homebrew Launcher, extract your save.
 
Ok so I opened it and I exported my saves. I then went into JK's Save Manager and it froze again. So what am I doing wrong here? I don't get it.
 
Ok so I opened it and I exported my saves. I then went into JK's Save Manager and it froze again. So what am I doing wrong here? I don't get it.
You open your save up in the editor and esit to your heart's content. Do not use JKSM to import your saves. Use the thing you just downloaded. :/ JKSM doesn't like MHG.
 
Newbie question. I managed to dump my 2.1 console's OTP then upgraded to 9.2 and did the A9LH install which booted me up to the firmware "sys 9.2.0.20" but when I used this page:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

and followed the image at the bottom to tidy up my SD card, now it just boots to a blank screen. The only way I can make it work is to turn it on, then push the SD card out which then takes me to the main menu but I have no idea what to do to bring it back to booting to CFW.
 
Alright I got it working and I modified my values, however my save is now freezing. Lmao.
You messed with something you shouldn't have. That's on your fault and not the MHGSV or the editor.

Newbie question. I managed to dump my 2.1 console's OTP then upgraded to 9.2 and did the A9LH install which booted me up to the firmware "sys 9.2.0.20" but when I used this page:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

and followed the image at the bottom to tidy up my SD card, now it just boots to a blank screen. The only way I can make it work is to turn it on, then push the SD card out which then takes me to the main menu but I have no idea what to do to bring it back to booting to CFW.

Do you have the arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of your SD card?
 
You messed with something you shouldn't have. That's on your fault and not the MHGSV or the editor.



Do you have the arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of your SD card?
Yeah, I got the arm9loaderhax.bin file from the Luma3dsv5.5 zip file in the root of the sd card.
 
So I decided to downgrade my N3DS XL console finally. But I've never done anything similar so I need a bit of help with it.

Can someone tell me or forward me to the right place from where should I start? My FW is 10.7.32E.

Other question, I wanted to know, is it better to downgrade from 10.7 or should I update to 11 and downgrade then?

Third question. How safe is downgrade now? I know that when ti was 10.5 FW, many people bricked their N3DS consoles...

Thanks!
 
So I decided to downgrade my N3DS XL console finally. But I've never done anything similar so I need a bit of help with it.

Can someone tell me or forward me to the right place from where should I start? My FW is 10.7.32E.

Other question, I wanted to know, is it better to downgrade from 10.7 or should I update to 11 and downgrade then?

Third question. How safe is downgrade now? I know that when ti was 10.5 FW, many people bricked their N3DS consoles...

Thanks!
DO NOT UPDATE TO 11.0 OR YOU WILL REGRET IT. Follow this guide to set up custom firmware after downgrading to 9.2. This guide will walk you through the steps.

Nope, still booting to black screen.

Uhh...I don't know... Sorry. ^^'
 
Last edited by KunoichiZ,
  • Like
Reactions: Wahad987
Ok ran into a new problem. I got the save editor working, I know how to use it. But now my Homebrew Launcher won't work when I hold down L. My theme is set to Black. So I don't get why it doesn't open?
 
Ok ran into a new problem. I got the save editor working, I know how to use it. But now my Homebrew Launcher won't work when I hold down L. My theme is set to Black. So I don't get why it doesn't open?
Try reinstalling menuhax through Browserhax.
 
DO NOT UPDATE TO 11.0 OR YOU WILL REGRET IT. Follow this guide to set up custom firmware after downgrading to 9.2. This guide will walk you through the steps.



Uhh...I don't know... Sorry. ^^'
HAHA, SUCCESS. I just formatted the 3DS. So now that I got that scare out of the way, is it okay to start updating the 3DS and installing CIAs?
 
HAHA, SUCCESS. I just formatted the 3DS. So now that I got that scare out of the way, is it okay to start updating the 3DS and installing CIAs?
Yes, because a9lh survives system format. Remember to have the arm9loaderhax.bin file and try your luma payloads to make that they work.
 

Site & Scene News