• Views 4,528,568
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after hours of work getting this A9LH to work, I can proudly say I have CFW Sysnand working on my N3DSXL :D

I'm just a little confused and was hoping someone could answer here... Why do the instructed prompt us to re-inject the stock hs.app back onto sysnand? Wouldn't it be ideal to just keep FBI to install .cia files?
You can install fbi on the system as a app on sd card, so is not installed as H&S anymore. Is optional but not required. I guess the idea is to make it appear as if the system was unmodified? I dunno.

Reactions: iViperz

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after hours of work getting this A9LH to work, I can proudly say I have CFW Sysnand working on my N3DSXL :D

I'm just a little confused and was hoping someone could answer here... Why do the instructed prompt us to re-inject the stock hs.app back onto sysnand? Wouldn't it be ideal to just keep FBI to install .cia files?
*Claps*

Reactions: iViperz

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked, I looked around but wasn't able to find an answer.

Is it safe to format a system with a9lh installed?

Thanks

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, Everything was going OK but as usual I hit a snag on the VERY LAST section.. Section VI - Finalizing setup, it appears my 3DS boots into normal sysnand instead of Luma3ds, so I can't finish. Anyone had this problem? As far as I can tell I followed everything to the letter.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, Everything was going OK but as usual I hit a snag on the VERY LAST section.. Section VI - Finalizing setup, it appears my 3DS boots into normal sysnand instead of Luma3ds, so I can't finish. Anyone had this problem? As far as I can tell I followed everything to the letter.
how do you know is not on luma?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because FBI is no longer injected into the H&S, and I'm not sure if the system menu is supposed to say anything different but it's just the firmware version showing
Try opening System settings and look at the firmware version. If it says Sys. instead of Ver., Luma3DS was installed correctly.

As for FBI, just use Decrypt9 to re-inject it.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because FBI is no longer injected into the H&S, and I'm not sure if the system menu is supposed to say anything different but it's just the firmware version showing
What does holding start at cold boot do? What does holding Select do? What does holding X do? What does holding Y do?

Try opening System settings and look at the firmware version. If it says Sys. instead of Ver., Luma3DS was installed correctly.

And no, don't do this, unless he uninstalled it. The guide now makes you remove the injected FBI, and install the normal FBI.cia that's not injected.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)#section-vi---finalizing-setup
Step 20.

Only inject it to properly install FBI, then remove it.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Ah ok it does say Sys 11.0.0.33E.

What does holding start at cold boot do? What does holding Select do? What does holding X do? What does holding Y do?

And no, don't do this, unless he uninstalled it. The guide now makes you remove the normal FBI.cia that's not injected.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)#section-vi---finalizing-setup
Step 20.

Only inject it to properly install FBI, then remove it.

Holding the buttons does bring up the right programs as it should, hence my confusion on why FBI is no longer injected as I hadn't got to the part about uninstalling it yet.

If Sys XXXXXX is what it should say should I just carry on as if I uninstalled it?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Holding the buttons does bring up the right programs as it should, hence my confusion on why FBI is no longer injected as I hadn't got to the part about uninstalling it yet.

If Sys XXXXXX is what it should say should I just carry on as if I uninstalled it?
You'll need to re-inject it if you haven't installed FBI.cia yet. But after that, you'll need to remove it. Just use Hourglass9 to inject it, install FBI.cia, then restore the original hs.app, and you'll be fine.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your done, luma is installed :P

Boot system and hold select if you need proof :)

Welcome to CFW a9lh :toot:

Don't forget to install FBI installer and whatever other cia files you can find.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hurrah!, I guess i'm done then! Not sure how FBI uninstalled itself from the H&S but luckly I already added the FBI cia, just need to clean up my SD card now I guess!
:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:
Welcome to the darkside, we have cookies, lemonaid BEER:grog:
Oh and this!

latest

ENJOY! :yay3ds:

mercenary96

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a question and don't know if it can even be answered easily or was already hinted at. So how likely is getting firmware 10.6.0 or higher, wen buying a new 3ds xl in Europe right now in a store or at Amazon for example. I just read that the new monster hunter generations bundle is likely to have 10.7 or even 11 installed already.

anuraag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I managed to instal a9lh a few weeks ago, and today just decided to use a bigger SD card. So I copied everything to my new SD card and the 3ds is now turning on for about half a second before turning itself off again. I've looked around and seen that this usually happens if the setup isnt complete or something, but since everything worked before I switched SD cards, I'm very confused. How would I fix this error?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for curiosity's sake, would HTTPwn allow you to system transfer between devices that were not on the latest firmware? I know exiting system settings would reset and remove HTTPwn, but I don't know if that happens before launching system transfer or not. I have no experience using system transfer so this may be a really stupid question.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I managed to instal a9lh a few weeks ago, and today just decided to use a bigger SD card. So I copied everything to my new SD card and the 3ds is now turning on for about half a second before turning itself off again. I've looked around and seen that this usually happens if the setup isnt complete or something, but since everything worked before I switched SD cards, I'm very confused. How would I fix this error?
Make sure the arm9loaderhax.bin file is on the root of the sd card and also is not corrupted.

Just for curiosity's sake, would HTTPwn allow you to system transfer between devices that were not on the latest firmware? I know exiting system settings would reset and remove HTTPwn, but I don't know if that happens before launching system transfer or not. I have no experience using system transfer so this may be a really stupid question.
Only way to perform system transfer is to update to latest firmware and then connect to the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~