• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

ReixSeiryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a private header. I was given a code. Do I simply enter this in the game's config to play online, or is there more to it?

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm having an issue. I'm pretty technically inclined and this is a little embarrassing for me but everyone needs a little direction some time, I suppose.

I've installed A9LH on several 3DS' and have been 100% successful so far. This was my first hardmod.
I bought a N3DSXL second hand and it was updated to 11.0. My hardmod was successful and installing A9LH was also successful, kind of.

My issue seems hardware related but in some instances also seems software related. What's going on is, some times my 3DS acts like it's either; not seeing an SD card or not seeing A9LH.bin. It'll turn on and shut off after about a half second.

What makes me think it's hardware related is if I remove the back cover and press on or around the SD slot while powering on, I can get it to boot. So logically, one would think, bad connection with the SD card. But, what makes me think it could possibly be software related is, once I get it to boot, everything is fine. If I power off the console, it powers back up, no problem. But if I just put it to sleep and let it sleep for a couple hours and come back to it, when I open the clamshell it immediately powers off and I have to press on the SD slot again until it powers on.

Now, pressing on the SD slot might be a complete coincidence but it worked once so that's how I get it to come on since.

I have several NAND backups. Which is what I will try. I wanted to see if someone has heard of this issue before I go this route. Do I reflash an old NAND and re-install A9LH? Or do you think it's a hardware issue?

Thanks for the help and let me know if anymore information is needed.

Edit: I wasn't having ANY hardware type issues while installing A9LH, no issues with SD card or anything.

Also, I follow Plailect's guide. When I was running "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin" I got the glitched screen, which I haven't gotten before, and I followed the troubleshoot guide for that. That's the only real issue I've ever had while installing A9LH. I'm not sure if I left it on the glitched screen long enough (or if it would work now, if I didn't.)

Last edited by Anunnymous,

SuperDuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have CFW, then yes you can. As long as you have one. :)
Just remember to back up any save data and transfer it using a homebrew save manager, like SVDT JKSM (Many say this is good but i never used it) Or fbi, I personally use fbi but your choice. :unsure:

Alright then thanks. So next how would I got about making the 3DS get CFW or does it only just need homebrew channel? (I am on 11.0.0-33E)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright then thanks. So next how would I got about making the 3DS get CFW or does it only just need homebrew channel? (I am on 11.0.0-33E)
Apperently ther is some answers...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/11-0-soft-downgrade.434552/

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

So just some idea. :)
You first need a system software version 9.2.0 before you can even start the CFW process. So if you don't have anyway to do that yourself, you can contact a person here who has trusted reliability for installing CFW for you.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/
@gamesquest1 Is apperently one in your region based on your flag location

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

HeroCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So: I have luma / A9hax. I am looking for a decent DSi Flashcard for my system. It'd be nice if it works on non-patched 3DSs, but it isn't a requirement. Something that works with NDS forwarders and YSMenu, and won't drain your batteries when you leave it in. I already have a 32gb microsd card, so it doesn't need to come with one. I have heard of the R4i, DSTT, and DSTwo+, but want to get reviews here first. Of course, cheats/other system emulation would be nice, but isn't nessary.

Thanks!

madmax2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to backup 3ds saves, can we just copy the Nintendo 3DS folder?

I need to backup my game saves before installing A9LH

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to backup 3ds saves, can we just copy the Nintendo 3DS folder?

I need to backup my game saves before installing A9LH
You really should make like monthly backups of ur entire SD card, go ahead and copy it all just in case anything goes wrong with a9lh, but yes Nintendo 3ds folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello,

I'm having an issue. I'm pretty technically inclined and this is a little embarrassing for me but everyone needs a little direction some time, I suppose.

I've installed A9LH on several 3DS' and have been 100% successful so far. This was my first hardmod.
I bought a N3DSXL second hand and it was updated to 11.0. My hardmod was successful and installing A9LH was also successful, kind of.

My issue seems hardware related but in some instances also seems software related. What's going on is, some times my 3DS acts like it's either; not seeing an SD card or not seeing A9LH.bin. It'll turn on and shut off after about a half second.

What makes me think it's hardware related is if I remove the back cover and press on or around the SD slot while powering on, I can get it to boot. So logically, one would think, bad connection with the SD card. But, what makes me think it could possibly be software related is, once I get it to boot, everything is fine. If I power off the console, it powers back up, no problem. But if I just put it to sleep and let it sleep for a couple hours and come back to it, when I open the clamshell it immediately powers off and I have to press on the SD slot again until it powers on.

Now, pressing on the SD slot might be a complete coincidence but it worked once so that's how I get it to come on since.

I have several NAND backups. Which is what I will try. I wanted to see if someone has heard of this issue before I go this route. Do I reflash an old NAND and re-install A9LH? Or do you think it's a hardware issue?

Thanks for the help and let me know if anymore information is needed.

Edit: I wasn't having ANY hardware type issues while installing A9LH, no issues with SD card or anything.

Also, I follow Plailect's guide. When I was running "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin" I got the glitched screen, which I haven't gotten before, and I followed the troubleshoot guide for that. That's the only real issue I've ever had while installing A9LH. I'm not sure if I left it on the glitched screen long enough (or if it would work now, if I didn't.)
If you take out an sd card after loading a9lh it will still work, this is a hard ware issue, I think, try looking at the sd slot and looking for Any imperfection

Reactions: Anunnymous

Serenist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Question about sysnand update.

So, To be clear. I DONT have cfw. I only use HBL and menuhax. And my question is: Will my LEGIT cia be deleted if i update sysnand? Cuz i play Pokemon Y and i want to go online but it needs an update. And this update needs a firmware update.
Thx in advance :)

Sillus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,

Iam pretty new to this 3DS Hacking/Homebrew scene and I need your help.

Iam running a o3DSXL with the arm9loaderhax and all is running really smooth.

My problem is, I want to play Pokemon Emerald, but randomized...

I use a 3Ds GBA Footer Generator and a 3DS Simple GBA converter from this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

(and a Randomizer...)

First i randomized my rom, then created the footer file and finally the .cia
My problem is, the installed cia will start, but after the GBA Font-Loading-sequence
it will remain white.

The same outcome when i used a un-randomized rom (original)

I already got some GBA games installed as cia and they work, can someone actually help me here out?

I dont got a clue what I could have done wrong.

Ill look forward for answers :)

With kind regards,
Sillus

Salfay

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !
I have a question: I have an O3DS with Luma3ds ( FW 11.0.33 ).
I'd like to block next updates with a DNS, but i have no the URL to block.

Are they identical to Wii U Updates URL or different ?
( if they are identical to Wii U updates, can I use my Wii U special DNS ?)

Thank you !

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you take out an sd card after loading a9lh it will still work, this is a hard ware issue, I think, try looking at the sd slot and looking for Any imperfection

I appreciate your reply, but with that logic it sounds more software related. I'll do your suggestion. I'm leaning towards reinstalling, which I'll try this weekend.
Thanks again for your reply.

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your reply, but with that logic it sounds more software related. I'll do your suggestion. I'm leaning towards reinstalling, which I'll try this weekend.
Thanks again for your reply.
Umm. But with that logic it sounds hardware, since u are holding the sd card on boot, the 3ds continues to work even though it can't read the sd card

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about sysnand update.

So, To be clear. I DONT have cfw. I only use HBL and menuhax. And my question is: Will my LEGIT cia be deleted if i update sysnand? Cuz i play Pokemon Y and i want to go online but it needs an update. And this update needs a firmware update.
Thx in advance :)
I don't think You know how this works but, when u update a system, unsigned cias and 3rd party changes will, in most cases, be removed/deleted.

Short answer: No, why the heck would that happen

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm. But with that logic it sounds hardware, since u are holding the sd card on boot, the 3ds continues to work even though it can't read the sd card

So, if you remove your SD card after boot and put your 3DS to sleep, will A9LH resume with the SD card still removed? Cause that's my issue. I can power it off and back on just fine. It's when I put it to sleep and try to resume play. Hence, why I thought it could be software related.

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if you remove your SD card after boot and put your 3DS to sleep, will A9LH resume with the SD card still removed? Cause that's my issue. I can power it off and back on just fine. It's when I put it to sleep and try to resume play. Hence, why I thought it could be software related.
You are not actually running A9LH when u stop holding the SD card, the connection is loosened and a9lh will stop working. however they system will still work but when you use sleep mode and then resume play the SD card is read again but it can't find arm9loadrrhax.bin so it turns off

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello !
I have a question: I have an O3DS with Luma3ds ( FW 11.0.33 ).
I'd like to block next updates with a DNS, but i have no the URL to block.

Are they identical to Wii U Updates URL or different ?
( if they are identical to Wii U updates, can I use my Wii U special DNS ?)

Thank you !
Use the tube hacks dns

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im going to try out the new 11.0 softgrade but which exploit is the best to use to get homebrew launcher on it first? Im going to downgrade a N3DS 11.0 with the new downgrade but I have to install homebrew first. I have OOT and smash, which will be the to use for homebrew or is there another easier way to get homebrew?

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im going to try out the new 11.0 softgrade but which exploit is the best to use to get homebrew launcher on it first? Im going to downgrade a N3DS 11.0 with the new downgrade but I have to install homebrew first. I have OOT and smash, which will be the to use for homebrew or is there another easier way to get homebrew?
if u have powersaves use oot. http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ check here for other games as there are more now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P