• Replies 53,798
  • Likes 43

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few quick questions:

I have a spare n3DSXL with a9lh on 11.0.0-33U with an o3DS on 11.0.0-33U.

1) Is it safe to do a system transfer from the o3DS to the a9lh n3DSXL?
2) If not, is there anything special I have to do in order to make it work?

DustingtonZDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina of time has been recently updated to work on 11.0.0-33, I used it myself for testing. It works, but as you said, need power saves or homebrew with save manager to use. If oot has been updated, i think cubic ninja is or will be soon.:)
Great! :D Now what to implement into my OoT with my powersave I also own...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! :D Now what to implement into my OoT with my powersave I also own...
Check the link

https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

I have a few quick questions:

I have a spare n3DSXL with a9lh on 11.0.0-33U with an o3DS on 11.0.0-33U.

1) Is it safe to do a system transfer from the o3DS to the a9lh n3DSXL?
2) If not, is there anything special I have to do in order to make it work?

Yes, it is safe, to transfer to the new with a9lh on the system, Just to be clear, you want to copy from the old one with no a9lh to the new one with a9lh?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ocarina of time has been recently updated to work on 11.0.0-33, I used it myself for testing. It works, but as you said, need power saves or homebrew with save manager to use. If oot has been updated, i think cubic ninja is or will be soon.:)

It has been updated to work on 11.0, but you still need a way to add the payload to the cartridge. Hence another console with homebrew or a PowerSaves :-)

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How do you put the payload into the powersave?
I don't know, but I know the information is in a link on Smealum's homebrew page. Search google for homebrew launcher and click on Smealum's page, scroll down to Ocarina of Time and click on it, then there's a link to yellows8 page which I believe has instructions.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: KunoichiZ

DustingtonZDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, but I know the information is in a link on Smealum's homebrew page. Search google for homebrew launcher and click on Smealum's page, scroll down to Ocarina of Time and click on it, then there's a link to yellows8 page which I believe has instructions.
Checked and it only took me to the download page

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you put the payload into the powersave?
How to use it is in the readme file that should be in the zip file, if it not there, check the main page
https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax
Scroll down to see how to install the oothax on powersaves.

It has been updated to work on 11.0, but you still need a way to add the payload to the cartridge. Hence another console with homebrew or a PowerSaves :-)
I am aware of that, are you aware you said what i said you said again? :D

Gasp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, i have a problem

I downgraded my o3DS to the firmware 4.XX and installed RX tools. Then i got a new console n3ds and i wanted to transfer the data of my console ( my NNID essentially) using the emunand, when i finished transfer the data, the console was formatted ani i configured it again, i tried to get in the RX tools (using the ds profile name shortcut) and nothing happens.

The question is,what i can do to recover the RXtools (or somethine like that)?:

1) can i update the console to 11.xx Firmware and do the downgrade again? (to get a friendcode and all those things)

2) Reinstall the sysnand again, format the console and downgrade/install RXtools again?

Can someone tell me please? Thanks T_T

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a problem

I downgraded my o3DS to the firmware 4.XX and installed RX tools. Then i got a new console n3ds and i wanted to transfer the data of my console ( my NNID essentially) using the emunand, when i finished transfer the data, the console was formatted ani i configured it again, i tried to get in the RX tools (using the ds profile name shortcut) and nothing happens.

The question is,what i can do to recover the RXtools (or somethine like that)?:

1) can i update the console to 11.xx Firmware and do the downgrade again? (to get a friendcode and all those things)

2) Reinstall the sysnand again, format the console and downgrade/install RXtools again?

Can someone tell me please? Thanks T_T
\Whatever you do, DO NOT upgrade to the latest version 11.0.0-33 you won't get any more downgrades with that. I wanted to type this quickly as possible to make sure you didn't do it yet.

You will be stuck on there until you can get a hard modder to downgrade it or a possible downgrade exploit is found.

Second, i dunno what rxtools is but i think is outdated, so maybe someone else can help with you in a moment?

I'm not entirely sure but the rxtools shouldn't be effected by the system transfer, it should still function, but then again, i never tried to system transfer from emunand to sysnand on another console. only sysnand to sysnand.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha sorry I only read the first half. I should be more observant.
Mind if i clean your glasses for you kitty? B-)

And now my Powersave won't let me rename the file back to it's original name I named it
Sorry, someone else has to help you cause i never used powersaves, so i only was able to provide read me files.

DustingtonZDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now my Powersave won't let me rename the file back to it's original name I named it
Mind if i clean your glasses for you kitty? B-)

Sorry, someone else has to help you cause i never used powersaves, so i only was able to provide read me files.
But can you provide a simplistic version of all this?

The recommended way to install oot3dhax is with either sploit_installer(https://github.com/smealum/sploit_installer), which is included with the homebrew starter-kit(https://smealum.github.io/3ds/), or by writing save-images with a gamecard save dongle for example.

The release-archive saveimages don't include KOR and CHNTWN because newer save crypto is used with those regions' gamecard. Hence, you have to use sploit_installer to install oot3dhax for those regions(but currently there's no hosted *hax payloads available for those regions, as of June 30, 2016).

Raw save-images which can be written to the gamecard savedata flash are contained in the oot3dhax release-archive. The "saveimages" directory is for raw 0x20000-byte saveimages, while "saveimages_powersaves" is for Datel Powersaves. Those directories contain two sub-directories, each for a different cardid set. If you don't know what the cardids for your gamecard are(these are included with what are commonly called "gamecard-unique headers"), just try either directory until one of them works without the game triggering a savedata-corruption error at boot. These directories then contain sub-directories for each game region. The saveimage files under those region directories have the same filename as the payload contained in the savedata, you can use the filename from this to determine which saveimage filename to use: https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp

Before using the "saveimages" directory, you should verify that your savedata backup filesize matches the filesize from the files from that directory.

Instructions for using with Datel Powersaves:

• 1) Backup your gamecard savedata with Powersaves, even if you don't want to keep that savedata.
  • 2) In Windows Explorer, goto "C:\Users\YourUsername\Powersaves3DS".
  • 3) Copy the saveimage you selected from the saveimages_powersaves directory in the release-archive as described above, to this Powersaves3DS directory.
  • 4) Rename your backup save to a different filename.
  • 5) Rename the oot3dhax saveimage to the filename which the backup save had originally.
  • 6) Use Powersaves to restore the save.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But can you provide a simplistic version of all this?

The recommended way to install oot3dhax is with either sploit_installer(https://github.com/smealum/sploit_installer), which is included with the homebrew starter-kit(https://smealum.github.io/3ds/), or by writing save-images with a gamecard save dongle for example.

The release-archive saveimages don't include KOR and CHNTWN because newer save crypto is used with those regions' gamecard. Hence, you have to use sploit_installer to install oot3dhax for those regions(but currently there's no hosted *hax payloads available for those regions, as of June 30, 2016).

Raw save-images which can be written to the gamecard savedata flash are contained in the oot3dhax release-archive. The "saveimages" directory is for raw 0x20000-byte saveimages, while "saveimages_powersaves" is for Datel Powersaves. Those directories contain two sub-directories, each for a different cardid set. If you don't know what the cardids for your gamecard are(these are included with what are commonly called "gamecard-unique headers"), just try either directory until one of them works without the game triggering a savedata-corruption error at boot. These directories then contain sub-directories for each game region. The saveimage files under those region directories have the same filename as the payload contained in the savedata, you can use the filename from this to determine which saveimage filename to use: https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp

Before using the "saveimages" directory, you should verify that your savedata backup filesize matches the filesize from the files from that directory.

Instructions for using with Datel Powersaves:

• 1) Backup your gamecard savedata with Powersaves, even if you don't want to keep that savedata.
  • 2) In Windows Explorer, goto "C:\Users\YourUsername\Powersaves3DS".
  • 3) Copy the saveimage you selected from the saveimages_powersaves directory in the release-archive as described above, to this Powersaves3DS directory.
  • 4) Rename your backup save to a different filename.
  • 5) Rename the oot3dhax saveimage to the filename which the backup save had originally.
  • 6) Use Powersaves to restore the save.
Do you need power saves or can you use a save file manager homebrew?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy