Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks very much. It did have 11.0, but the Sky3DS it came with was Sky3DS Plus, so... eh. I figured I don't really need a CFW, even if being able to load .cia files would be nice sometimes. I'll deal. Thanks again!
If it was me I'd wait and find one with a smaller firmware and be able to play all games, not just ones that were published on cartridge, for less money, but that's just me :-p Have fun with it!

Wiitill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

NOOB question for the NOOB-thread!

Can I just buy a 3DS (not XL, not NEW) in a store, order a MT-Card, use a microSD-card I already have, and run roms? Or is there a whole bunch of problems I need to tackle first?

Thanks!

Divi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, after some months of absence i'm back to 3ds stuff, last time i came we were just able to update emuNAND to 9.5 and sysNAND was on 9.2.

After some researches i found that Luma can be best possible choice for me right now (don't need NTR to enable n3DS CPU).

So, actually i'm booting my console with menuhax. I would like to know if i first need to switch for ReiNAND to Luma like this

To switch, you just
1) Create a full backup of the files on your SD card
2) remove the Reinand files from the SD card
3) add the /luma folder and the Luma3DS.DAT to the root of your SD card

and then update firmware to the lastest (11.0.0-33) or if it's possible to directly update from 9.5 ReiNAND to 11.0 Luma?

I would also like to know if it's possible to launch original ds games directly on emuNAND like the 3ds cia one?

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi guys, after some months of absence i'm back to 3ds stuff, last time i came we were just able to update emuNAND to 9.5 and sysNAND was on 9.2.

After some researches i found that Luma can be best possible choice for me right now (don't need NTR to enable n3DS CPU).

So, actually i'm booting my console with menuhax. I would like to know if i first need to switch for ReiNAND to Luma like this

and then update firmware to the lastest (11.0.0-33) or if it's possible to directly update from 9.5 ReiNAND to 11.0 Luma?

I would also like to know if it's possible to launch original ds games directly on emuNAND like the 3ds cia one?

just follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki like you dont have any CFW.
you cant launch ds games from cia, you must have a flashcart.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi!

NOOB question for the NOOB-thread!

Can I just buy a 3DS (not XL, not NEW) in a store, order a MT-Card, use a microSD-card I already have, and run roms? Or is there a whole bunch of problems I need to tackle first?

Thanks!
Well, you can buy a 3DS and a sky3ds card to run 3ds roms directly. Though the MT-card will also work, you will have to go through with installing a CFW (Custom Firmware) on your 3ds. To do that, you will also need an exploit method ( an entry point into the system which allows you to modify the system software) which I can tell you all about when you confirm the 3DS firmware version (All of the 3DS's bought in stores have been reported to be downgradable without a hardmod needed, but if you're buying second hand, make sure to check the firmware version - anything bellow 11.0 is ok).

Wiitill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you can buy a 3DS and a sky3ds card to run 3ds roms directly. Though the MT-card will also work, you will have to go through with installing a CFW (Custom Firmware) on your 3ds. To do that, you will also need an exploit method ( an entry point into the system which allows you to modify the system software) which I can tell you all about when you confirm the 3DS firmware version (All of the 3DS's bought in stores have been reported to be downgradable without a hardmod needed, but if you're buying second hand, make sure to check the firmware version - anything bellow 11.0 is ok).

Thank you for replying!

Is it possible to run roms without buying a flash card? Some sort of softmod?

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello people, I deff am an uber n00b at this stuff. lets get right to it, I have 3 new 3ds's one is a newly updated (my bad) US NA modle, and the other 2 are JAP 8.1.0 firmware. okay what i would like to do is the make it so my Japanese DSs can play US games. or if that isnt possible for my US mahcine to play JAP Games. I just today got a copy of CUBIC ninja, but as I said earlier my US new 3ds is at the latest firmware...11.0.0-33U Can anyone help me. Thanks So much.
Well if your only intention is to play out of region games that you already own, homebrew access is the only thing you need. This is possible on all 3 of your consoles, though for the US one, you'll need something other than Cubic Ninja (FreakyForm Deluxe being the best choice right now).

As for your 2 Japanese 3Dss, all you need to follow is this:

1) Download the starter kit here: http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
2) Place all the contents from the .zip file onto the root of your SD card and place it back into your 3DS
3) Turn on your 3DS and make sure your internet connection is working
4) Start CUBIC NINJA on your console, choose "Create", then "QR code", and finally "Scan QR code".
5) Scan the QR Code you made for your specific firmware version (generate here: under the Get Ninjhax bullet http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/ ) . This step might take a couple tries; make sure you fill up as much of your 3DS's screen with the QR code. If scanning the QR code returns to menu with an error, try a few more times.
6) Follow the on screen instructions. You may choose not to install the exploit to your gamecard's savedata, though doing so is not recommended.
7) Once you're inside of Homebrew, open up the RegionFree App and run your US games :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for replying!

Is it possible to run roms without buying a flash card? Some sort of softmod?
3DS and emulator roms are able to run without an additional flashcart once a CFW is installed. If you want to play DS games, you'll have to buy a DS flashcart or wait for the DS emulator to progress enough for the games to be playable (https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-3desmume-ds-emulator-for-3ds.430223/).

Wiitill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3DS and emulator roms are able to run without an additional flashcart once a CFW is installed. If you want to play DS games, you'll have to buy a DS flashcart or wait for the DS emulator to progress enough for the games to be playable (https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-3desmume-ds-emulator-for-3ds.430223/).

That sounds like awesome sauce! Is it likely that a store bought 3DS will be moddable without buying extra hardware such as specific games for exploits? I'm in Europe (Sweden) if that matters. Also was planning on buying the console online so I'll have no way to check serialnumbers or such beforehand.

I have a DSLite so I'm really only interested in running 3DS-stuff. Do you put the roms on the SD-card when using softmods?

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
That sounds like awesome sauce! Is it likely that a store bought 3DS will be moddable without buying extra hardware such as specific games for exploits? I'm in Europe (Sweden) if that matters. Also was planning on buying the console online so I'll have no way to check serialnumbers or such beforehand.

I have a DSLite so I'm really only interested in running 3DS-stuff. Do you put the roms on the SD-card when using softmods?

Well it depends, here's a list of exploits: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_exploits
You might get one bellow version 10.5 which then allows you to use browserhax for which you wont need any extra hardware. Other than that, you might be forced to buy an exploit game such as Cubic Ninja or FreakyForms Deluxe, or, if you really can't spend any more money, you could try lending one here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4p54i1/community_hax_lending_thread/

And yes, you do put the roms (in this case .CIA files) on the SD of the 3DS which you then install on the system (though the majority of the data is still stored on the SD card).

Divi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, i'm totally lost.. I actualy have a n3DS with unlinked sysNAND (9.2) & emuNAND (10.5)
I tried to follow this tutorial but i don't remember of everything and don't know where i have to start, is it possible to start everything from the beggining?

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, i'm totally lost.. I actualy have a n3DS with unlinked sysNAND (9.2) & emuNAND (10.5)
I tried to follow this tutorial but i don't remember of everything and don't know where i have to start, is it possible to start everything from the beggining?
Not sure if this is the best way so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the right way to go would be to remove the emunand (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-removing-emunand-from-sd-card.387732/) and then starting over from part 3 (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND))

Divi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well thanks i'll try, it cost nothing, i have a backup i'll tell you if you're a god or not =D

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If i format the 3ds system it requires internet connection right? But doesn't upgrade to the latest fw right too?

pheace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading up but it's hard to find a clear answer ithout knowing exactly where to look for the latest information.

I want to see if I can stream Monster Hunter Generations on an N3DS which would require NTR 3.4 (p2) if I'm not mistaken.

If I buy an N3DS today, Is it likely I'll be able to do that? If not, what's the highest firmware version that would allow me to do that?

If you buy it brand new it will be fine. Highest reported firmware on a new console is 10.5. On 10.7 you'd have to buy an exploitable game, and on 11.0 you'd need to hardmod.

Just picked mine up from the store and it's on menu version 9.5.0-22E so it looks like I'm good, thanks again!

Any tips on where to start/make sure I don't forget?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P