Hacking Very important question about system transfer.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked before. So i''m probably able to get a new 3ds system, but i was curious about my old one. I had installed the custom firmware on it as done in the github guide by phlacet (did i spell it wrong?) But if i wanted to system transfer to new one with cfw, what process will i be able to use to keep both on cfw?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So i do system transfer, the stuff gets on new 3ds then the old one will be like new again but still have cfw
Do i need to install cfw on the new one first?
Yes, definitely install CFW on the new one first, otherwise it will force you to update to 11.0 and you'll be locked out forever.

Pirated games won't transfer, but you can install the tickets and the saves will be there

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an odd question on the same topic: Can you do a system transfer from one system's EmuNAND to another system's SysNAND without removing stuff from the SysNAND console? (Tickets I guess?)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, definitely install CFW on the new one first, otherwise it will force you to update to 11.0 and you'll be locked out forever.

Pirated CIA installed games won't transfer, but you can install the tickets and the saves will be there

So install cfw on new 3ds first before system transfer, so then both systems will still have cfw and my new 3ds will have all my purchased owned content from the eshop too right?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i do buy a new 3ds xl, and i happen to get unlucky and need to downgrade to install hax, is there a reliable person i can contact for help? I'm hoping it won't come to that but you never know.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have an odd question on the same topic: Can you do a system transfer from one system's EmuNAND to another system's SysNAND without removing stuff from the SysNAND console? (Tickets I guess?)
Most things on the target console will be removed during the transfer anyways. EmuNAND->SysNAND seems to work fine from what I have heard, but transferring to emuNAND seems to be problematic (errors halfway through once the target system reboots and you have to boot back into emuNAND, problems getting the transferred data to be recognized etc... It seems to work out in the end but I can't remember what the workaround was)
I did sysNAND->sysNAND myself and that went just fine, from a 9.2 console to a 9.0 one when the latest was somewhere between 9.6-9.9, using the eshop version check bypass with NTR-CFW on the target console (n3DS) and the spiderhax based version check bypass payload on dukesrg's site on the source console (o3DS). But I digress.
emuNAND->sysNAND by extension should also work fine as I don't believe the source system reboots until the process is complete, I could be wrong though.

Reactions: pastaconsumer

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, but you'll need an exploitable game like Cubic Ninja, Zelda OOT3D, Freakyforms etc...
Note that appart from Freakyforms and Cubic you will need to Install the hax to the cart (so that means access to the homebrew launcher or powersave)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, i can handle it from there, i just needed to know if it could be done, or i would have passed on the system and looked for lower one. I'll be able to use my legend of zelda ocarina of time to get homebrew running and perform downgrade safely correct?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know, i can handle it from there, i just needed to know if it could be done, or i would have passed on the system and loked for lower one. I'll be able to use my legend of zelda ocarina of time to get homebrew running and perform dongrade safely correct?
Yes, if you can inject the hax in the cart with either the homebrew launcher or a powersave (or any kind of device that can write saves to a 3ds cart)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, recent update, i got my new 3xs xl today, and i followed the guide on github by plaiced, i installed a9hl with 0 errors, but for some reason i have what is called a luma cfw by @Aurora Wright which is not what i remember from before when i had done it on my o3ds. If i remember, there was something about pasta and cake cfw, so i think the guide has changed or been updated.

My first question is was that change necessary?
Second, what are the differences between the pasta cake thing and the new luma thing?
And last is Is it safe to do system transfer to the new 3ds from old 3ds? What will happen and will there be any problems? I hope that someone who has experience with system transfers can tell me cause i don't wanna mess things up.

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Okay, recent update, i got my new 3xs xl today, and i followed the guide on github by plaiced, i installed a9hl with 0 errors, but for some reason i have what is called a luma cfw by @Aurora Wright which is not what i remember from before when i had done it on my o3ds. If i remember, there was something about pasta and cake cfw, so i think the guide has changed or been updated.

My first question is was that change necessary?
Second, what are the differences between the pasta cake thing and the new luma thing?
And last is Is it safe to do system transfer to the new 3ds from old 3ds? What will happen and will there be any problems? I hope that someone who has experience with system transfers can tell me cause i don't wanna mess things up.
The full a9lh used to use MiniPasta and CakesFW, however in the updated guide, it's been replaced by Luma3DS. I don't know much about system transfers, as I've only done one from SysNAND -> SysNAND.

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't worry Luma3DS is a very good if not the best CFW currently.
As long as your two consoles are fully updated with Luma you can perform the system transfer like normal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1