• Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks. I don't know if I lost al9h when I tried to troubleshoot my o3ds. A few games were not booting up like they usually do so I see decided to format my o3ds through system settings but now I lost all the important apps and also FBI does not seems to work anymore whenever attempt to install any CIA. Is my 3ds still partially hacked to be able to restore all CFW capabilities again?
How did you setup your A9LH? Did you follow Plailect's guide for it?

If so, hold Start from coldboot, what does that bring up? Is it Decrypt9?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have another question, am i able to do a NAND restore with this file sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin it made me create during the tutorial to avoid going through the whole setup getting luma, homebrew icon, etc? And would i also go about doing this on sysNAND options and then just pressing restore?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have another question, am i able to do a NAND restore with this file sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin it made me create during the tutorial to avoid going through the whole setup getting luma, homebrew icon, etc? And would i also go about doing this on sysNAND options and then just pressing restore?
It'll just restore it to that state it was at the time of that backup. And yes, you would do that. Since the naming of that backup indicates it has A9LH, then you don't need to use the Keep A9LH option for restoring, but it doesn't hurt to use it either.

However, you'll still need to setup all your .cia files again, since a System Format deletes the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder, when you run it.

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes unfortunately i have to do this but i was going to get rid of this 3ds for my friend to use. i just don't know why some games would suddenly not boot up especially when i also played mario kart 7 a few days ago "online too". i just don't know if it had to do with streetpass or something because that's all i remember doing. i also think smash bros suddenly stopped booting up as well. I'll do this NAND restore right away. Thanks for your help.

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I am writing in hope that someone would answer my question among all the others,
So it has been an year since I was away from the since due to my final year at college and placements. Last time I checked I fixed my o3ds which is at SysNand 4.3E and has Rxtools installed with Emunand at 9.8. But when I checked today nothing made sense to me as Rxtools is gone and I see something like A9LH and MenuHax/BrowserHax as different and MyLuma being the most used CFW and other bootmanagers being used on top of them.

I am really out of sync and have tried reading different thread but nothing made sense in perfect terms. Could someone please guide me on what to do next? Update my 3ds to MyLuma and how to do it? And being on <4.5 FW is still the best or 9.2 is the new golden FW? It would be great if someone could guide me and update me about the scene. Thanks

YuriYuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After setting up Luma3DS and A9LH on my N3DS following the Pailect guide, I am trying to access the Decrypt9WIP program through THL, but no matter how many times I try to launch, it just doesn't want to start and keeps going back to the THL menu.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am writing in hope that someone would answer my question among all the others,
So it has been an year since I was away from the since due to my final year at college and placements. Last time I checked I fixed my o3ds which is at SysNand 4.3E and has Rxtools installed with Emunand at 9.8. But when I checked today nothing made sense to me as Rxtools is gone and I see something like A9LH and MenuHax/BrowserHax as different and MyLuma being the most used CFW and other bootmanagers being used on top of them.

I am really out of sync and have tried reading different thread but nothing made sense in perfect terms. Could someone please guide me on what to do next? Update my 3ds to MyLuma and how to do it? And being on <4.5 FW is still the best or 9.2 is the new golden FW? It would be great if someone could guide me and update me about the scene. Thanks
It's not MyLuma, it's Luma3DS. But I found it funny you calling it MyLuma. :P

Anyways, time to answer your questions. 9.2 is now the new golden FW. rxTools is no longer being support in terms of the CFW side, there is a fork that's trying to bring it back, but I wouldn't use it, until the CFW side of things get fixed and it's gets updated with the new methods, like A9LH.

Anyways, here's this guide that covers everything, on setting up A9LH+CFW SysNAND with Luma3DS as the CFW of choice.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Also you read that right, CFW on SysNAND, there's no need for EmuNAND anymore with A9LH, and you can have an updated sysNAND with Luma3DS. Now, while EmuNAND isn't needed anymore, there's nothing stopping you from using it on an A9LH setup, but that's not covered in the guide. Anyways, you'll want to look at the Update to 9.2.0 section of the guide, since you'll want to update, instead of downgrade, and then when you get to that part of the guide, you'll just want to skip over that, as you'll be on 9.2. Have fun~!

if I have a dummy browser and do a hardmode , can i do a browserhax ?
No. A hard mod does not replace the dummy browser, you'll still need a cartridge based entry point if you have a dummy browser or if you are on 10.6, 10.7 and 11.0

After setting up Luma3DS and A9LH on my N3DS following the Pailect guide, I am trying to access the Decrypt9WIP program through THL, but no matter how many times I try to launch, it just doesn't want to start and keeps going back to the THL menu.
What are you trying to do? If you're trying to NAND backups//restores, just hold start at boot time to get into Hourglass9. If you need the more advance functions of Decrypt9, you'll need to download the Decrypt9 a9lh.bin and set it up in Luma3DS' chainloader.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

YuriYuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to do? If you're trying to NAND backups//restores, just hold start at boot time to get into Hourglass9. If you need the more advance functions of Decrypt9, you'll need to download the Decrypt9 a9lh.bin and set it up in Luma3DS' chainloader.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to use the 3DS Simple CIA converter. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/ In the guide provided in that thread, it says I need to use either RXtools or Decrypt for the process, and since I don't have rxtools and instead have Decrypt right off the bat, I tried to use it for that purpose.
I'm guessing it's probably one of the advanced functions of Decrypt, so I should go ahead and do that chainloading method?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to use the 3DS Simple CIA converter. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/ In the guide provided in that thread, it says I need to use either RXtools or Decrypt for the process, and since I don't have rxtools and instead have Decrypt right off the bat, I tried to use it for that purpose.
I'm guessing it's probably one of the advanced functions of Decrypt, so I should go ahead and do that chainloading method?
Yes. download the latest Decrypt9WIP release
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

Then copy the Decrypt9WIP.bin file to the payloads folder inside the luma folder on the root of your SD Card. Be sure to name it according to the Luma3DS's chainloader expects it to be.
Like "down_Dec9.bin" - This will make it so that holding D-PAD Down at cold boot will let you boot into Decrypt9

Reactions: YuriYuri

G0rril4z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What is the best method for a NEW 3DS to:

- Play backup games online without been banned
- Use emulators (SNES, GBA, etc)
- Install VC games

Also, what is the advantage/disadvantage of Emunand and Sysnand?

||αяιєѕ||

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I install a cia twice? I installed a Pokemon game, and I wanted to have two save files. So, I was the thinking if it would work if two icons were on my home screen, but they're the same game with different save files. Is it possible?

Kyushu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. Very noob questions here.

I went to Japan and bought a N3DSLL there. Unfortunately it came with FW 11.0.

So, currently, what is the easiest way to run backup games on it? For what I researched, the hardmod is obligatory. There isn't really another way? Besides that, I still need to own some game (as OoT)?

Also, I'm in no hurry. Do you guys with more experience think that how long it will take to a easier way to downgrade the firmware come out? By easier I mean no need for a hardmod.

Thanks!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install a cia twice? I installed a Pokemon game, and I wanted to have two save files. So, I was the thinking if it would work if two icons were on my home screen, but they're the same game with different save files. Is it possible?
If you messed with the header, probably. I know my friend has a Pokemon ROM hack installed as a CIA.
Hi,

Welcome back! Let me answer a few of your questions.
9.2 got rekt with memchunkhax & firmlaunchhax, of which Yifan Lu's writeup can be found here: http://yifan.lu/2015/01/10/reversing-gateway-ultra-first-stage-part-1/
Luma3DS, originally a fork of ReiNAND by Reisyukaku, was created by Aurora Wright. It's widely regarded as the most up-to-date, noob friendly CFW to date. It has a few cool features, like N3DS clock speed setting, though it's mostly used because of how easy it is to install. It even has the original GBA startup animation when you launch a GBA game! [Can't wait to try this out :D]
Arm9LoaderHax, AKA a9lh [and what Gateway calls its implementation of which 'the GATEWAY FAST BOOT method' (don't use it, GW a9lh is really bad)], is the best of the best of 3DS Hax. It runs immediately after boot, before the OS even loads, and therefore can A. bypass most protections on the 3DS software and B. offer brick protection, so long as you don't mess with the A9LH installation. You can read a bit more about it at http://yifan.lu/2016/04/06/the-3ds-cryptosystem .
Menuhax was the old method of booting CFW, and was pretty slow, though very useful at the time as it ran automagically, unlike the MSET exploit [AKA the DS Profile exploit].

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi. Very noob questions here.

I went to Japan and bought a N3DSLL there. Unfortunately it came with FW 11.0.

So, currently, what is the easiest way to run backup games on it? For what I researched, the hardmod is obligatory. There isn't really another way? Besides that, I still need to own some game (as OoT)?

Also, I'm in no hurry. Do you guys with more experience think that how long it will take to a easier way to downgrade the firmware come out? By easier I mean no need for a hardmod.

Thanks!
So the rumors were true... [@ihaveamac]
Well. SOL. Yes, a hardmod is obligatory. I don't know if you still need an exploitable game or not, though.
Honestly? We have no idea when a new exploit will come out. Though I'm pretty sure it can be bypassed somehow, 11.0 blocked downgrading. That means we'll probably need both a new arm11 and arm9 kernel exploit. Though we don't yet know if Nintendo failed to patch memchunkhax [for what would be the 3rd time now], we definetely know that the publicly known arm9 kernel exploits have been patched airtight. It could be a week, a month, the summer, a year, or never. IMO? Just get a hardmod.

Reactions: Kyushu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2