• Replies 53,785
  • Likes 43

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using Plailect's guide on getting the OTP, I'm on Section II Part 15.

I've had a similar problem doing this a while ago, which I screwed around with bricked my N3DS, I've done the steps correctly(to my knowledge anyway).

I have the "Validation Stage 1: FAILED" and "Validation Stage 2: FAILED" error.

Any ideas?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
how do I put a 3DS XL Emunand onto a 2DS meaning skip all the BS and just restore my emunand on the 2ds ...

reason why I want to do that cause after downgrading them 9.2 Emunand fails to do a thing on one and the other starts the process then oddly errors -_- never had this issue on my 3DS seems these new tutorials with updated files are just a pain ..
You need the systems to be on 9.2 or a9lh.

Then, the easy way would be a system transfer between emunands (or sysnand with a9lh).

The hard way would be injecting the movable.sed from your source to your target 2ds, but I don't know too much about this

Sleeyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi today i just got my 3ds with fw 9.8E , my plan was to use browserhax to get to the HBL and then downgrade to 9.2 to install a cfw
the problem is, i cant open the webbrowser without updating (getting this annoying message)
additionally, i dont have a possibility to scan qr codes because if i open the camera app with L+R, no qr code symbol is showing up
right now i dont have any possibility to get cubic ninja, so i aint able to do ninjhax.
is there any chance i will be able to downgrade to 9.2?
i planned to upgrade to 11.0 and maybe wait until some exploits will be released .. will it be in near future?
pls tell me your best advices :(

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi today i just got my 3ds with fw 9.8E , my plan was to use browserhax to get to the HBL and then downgrade to 9.2 to install a cfw
the problem is, i cant open the webbrowser without updating (getting this annoying message)
additionally, i dont have a possibility to scan qr codes because if i open the camera app with L+R, no qr code symbol is showing up
right now i dont have any possibility to get cubic ninja, so i aint able to do ninjhax.
is there any chance i will be able to downgrade to 9.2?
i planned to upgrade to 11.0 and maybe wait until some exploits will be released .. will it be in near future?
pls tell me your best advices :(
first of all, don't ever update to the latest version right away!

go to system settings and get your full version (e.g. 9.8.0-25E, 9.9.0-26E)

Wahrrelasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to retrieve the 3ds specific OTP with a 8GB SD card and install a9lh on another sd caed? In my case that'd be a 32 GB Card. I ask because Decrept9 wont recognize my emuNAND :(

Sleeyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
first of all, don't ever update to the latest version right away!

go to system settings and get your full version (e.g. 9.8.0-25E, 9.9.0-26E)
lel wat i just have to do the update hes telling me to? because my version is 9.8.0-0E
i didnt do the update, i bought the 3ds from a friend so its not my fault haha

Last edited by Sleeyz,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lel wat i just have to do the update hes telling me to?
i didnt do the update, i bought the 3ds from a friend so its not my fault haha
well you want to downgrade to 9.2, so updating is the last thing you want to do.

again, go to system settings and get your full version (e.g. 9.8.0-25E, 9.9.0-26E) so you can know what to do next

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, but how?
find the system settings icon at your home menu.
139_38_MMEN_0027_16_EUR_EN.jpg
open it, then check the top screen for something like "Ver. 9.8.0-25E".
Eng_2.jpg

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i understand but i dont got the version 9.8.0-25E i do have 9.8.0-0E
your console doesn't have a browser. you need an exploit game (cubic ninja, freakyforms deluxe) to be able to downgrade. you can also use ocarina of time 3D if you have a powersaves/r4i save dongle or another console with homebrew.

Sleeyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
your console doesn't have a browser. you need an exploit game (cubic ninja, freakyforms deluxe) to be able to downgrade. you can also use ocarina of time 3D if you have a powersaves/r4i save dongle or another console with homebrew.

okay , well so freakyhax would be the best idea because its pretty cheap compared to cubic ninja here in germany aight?

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I get a new access point to homebrew launcher? I currently only have menuhax and I want to get a9lh but to get I need to format my system. Do I get Ocarina hax instead?

RiiGGS23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, looking for some guidance I just got a New3DS running 9.9.0-26U. I have Freakyhax and was planning to downgrade to 9.2 using sysUpdater and from there work my way to installing a9lh and evetually Luma CFW. My question : Is this my best course of action and if not what should it be ?
one more thing when using sysUpdater it says not to run if in gateway mode or sysNAND, if I never had EmuNAND(never had an opportunity) does that mean Im on sysNAND ?
Thank you in advance.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, looking for some guidance I just got a New3DS running 9.9.0-26U. I have Freakyhax and was planning to downgrade to 9.2 using sysUpdater and from there work my way to installing a9lh and evetually Luma CFW. My question : Is this my best course of action and if not what should it be ?
one more thing when using sysUpdater it says not to run if in gateway mode or sysNAND, if I never had EmuNAND(never had an opportunity) does that mean Im on sysNAND ?
Thank you in advance.
ignore the warning about Gateway mode. also, if this console is brand new and has nothing on it, I would suggest formatting it and setting it up again to avoid a potential soft brick (just being safe).

on 9.9, the downgrade might fail in the middle. this is fine, just continue doing it, don't update to the latest version if it happens. you might get a black screen at first due to menuhax being for 9.9 and not 9.2, just turn it on with no SD card and it should be fine.

start here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: RiiGGS23

RiiGGS23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ignore the warning about Gateway mode. also, if this console is brand new and has nothing on it, I would suggest formatting it and setting it up again to avoid a potential soft brick (just being safe).

on 9.9, the downgrade might fail in the middle. this is fine, just continue doing it, don't update to the latest version if it happens. you might get a black screen at first due to menuhax being for 9.9 and not 9.2, just turn it on with no SD card and it should be fine.

start here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
So I can continue on with the downgrade after formatting and installing menuhax, correct ?
and thanks for the help.

Blaine20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you need a hardmod now. That way u can restore the nand back up I hope you have.
as a matter of fact yes i have one more question as im restoring deleted partition files with recuva can anyone point me to a thread for oot3dhax for 2.1.0 i will greatly appreciate it
Thank you so much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1