• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to follow Plailect's guide (from start to finish) and later on I want to upgrade my microSD to one with more space, how would I do that? Just by copying all the files in my old microSD to the new one, or is it more complicated?
More complicated. Actually, I am lying. It's as easy as that. This assumes you finish it as you said. Following the guide till the end, it makes you get rid//remove your emuNAND//redNAND. So just copying all the files onto a new one is that simple. You will still need to format your new SD Card to FAT32. Which can be done easily with EmuNAND9, using Format SD (No EmuNAND).

Assuming it's a brand new card, then using a third party tool on Windows should be fine. Format to FAT32 and 64kb.
Like this one: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Reactions: Muka Shiki

Muka Shiki

Trophies
Website
senjoubantai.wordpress.com
XP
Country
More complicated. Actually, I am lying. It's as easy as that. This assumes you finish it as you said. Following the guide till the end, it makes you get rid//remove your emuNAND//redNAND. So just copying all the files onto a new one is that simple. You will still need to format your new SD Card to FAT32. Which can be done easily with EmuNAND9, using Format SD (No EmuNAND).

Assuming it's a brand new card, then using a third party tool on Windows should be fine. Format to FAT32 and 64kb.
Gotcha, thanks for answering. I'm planning on ordering a N3DSXL next Saturday and can't help but get myself accustomed with all these things :P

PrAnt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question. Little brother just got a new 3ds and he doesn't want it hacked like his old one 'cause warranty I guess. Is it safe to just system transfer his stuff from the hacked 3ds to the new one without any issues? Not expecting anything that was acquired from the CFW to still work, just wanting to know if it'll cause any problems. D:

Blvck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, what is the difference between the sysNAND.bin backup made on part 2 of the plailect guide and the sysNAND_original.bin made on part 4.

Last edited by Blvck,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When using this program is changing the allocation unit size to 65536 formatting it to 64kb clusters?

||αяιєѕ||

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My set up is a9lh + luma3ds + latest firmware (basically the set up after plailect's guide). I have a lot of cias now with my 32gb sd card. I want to upgrade to a 64gb one, is there a way to keep my cias and saves?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question. how to update sysnand safely without loosing A9LH?
thanks bro
Using luma? Just make sure u have the newest ver of luma and then just update
My set up is a9lh + luma3ds + latest firmware (basically the set up after plailect's guide). I have a lot of cias now with my 32gb sd card. I want to upgrade to a 64gb one, is there a way to keep my cias and saves?

If you don't have an emunand just format the new sd card to fat32 and 64kb clusters and copy the files from the old one to the new one.

||αяιєѕ||

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using luma? Just make sure u have the newest ver of luma and then just update

If you don't have an emunand just format the new sd card to fat32 and 64kb clusters and copy the files from the old one to the new one.

Would I need to reinstall my cia files with FBI?

Megaman Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hey guys,
I would like to attempt this first step of hacking my o3DS, but I have no idea where to start, and what guide I should trust in order to avoid bricking my o3DS.

In the beginning, I purchased the gateway cards, without realizing that I have updated my o3DS to 9.5 >.< (it was way back before when there was a way to do it with 9.2 using "The Legend of Zelda: OOT") .. So I totally lost the ability to use my o3DS with gateway. Moving on, I decided to get Sky3DS, but I waited till Sky3DS+ got released, and purchased it. I have updated From 9.5 to 10.0 to 10.1 to 10.2 to 10.3 to 10.4 to 10.5.0-30E.

Then I realized that I can do hardmod in my o3DS to restore old sysnand to 9.2.0, but seriously, I don't want to mod my 3DS, I don't have the proper skills to do soldiering and things like any electronic engineering does. So I give up from doing anything, and kept playing with my current sysnand 10.5.0-30E using "smealum homebrew launcher" with menuhax and Ninjahax (using Sky3DS+).

I heard about the A9LH, and I heard also about the new gateway private beta program, and I started to wonder, what I should do?

This is my current collection of 3DS:

kz2RojN.jpg

In the picture:
  • o3DS Zelda Edition - with Sysnand Ver. 10.5.0-30E non-modified
  • Save Dongle (for transfering save data to The Legend of Zelda: OOT)
  • Gateway 3DS (Comes with the bundle Gateway) (Planning to put 16GB)
  • Gateway DS (Comes with the bundle Gateway)
  • Ace3DS Plus (with 8GB card)
  • Sky3DS+ (with 8GB card)
  • 2GB SD card (Orginal with o3DS)
  • Ace3DS microSD reader

What I suppose to do? what I should upgrade? I have no knowledge with gateway, nor with A9HL. What are the benefit each of them? and what path do you suggest me to do?

Last edited by Megaman Hunter,
Reactions: cvskid

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

@Megaman Hunter

Here is a quick overview of how to use your gateway :
The current* gateway works with 3DS in version 9.2.
What you want to do 1st is to downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2.
Once it's done you have a base to hack what ever you want on your 3DS as long as you find a tutorial. Anyway, 9.2 3DS is enought to use gateway without performing any more stuff.

*GW is on the way to release some A9LH feature that would change how to set up gateway, but it's not officially released yet.

Here is currently one of the best guide to hack your 3DS :
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

1st, you won't need to follow every parts. Just focus on Homebrew Menu installation (Part 1) and Downgrading system to 9.2 (Part2)

Once it's done, you'll be able to choose one of this :
- stay with gateway. the easiest thing. Currently, regarding how the 3DS hacking scene has grown up, the only advantage of using a gateway is because GW is noob friendly (IMO)
- install a custom firmware. It does probably eveything that gateway does except for 2 things : CFW doesn't allow to play .3DS roms (but you still can pirate games), and gateway cheat feature needs to use gateway (duh)
- Be member of the A9LH master race. A9LH hack is currently the best hack for 3DS but it is (almost?) irreversible and keeps the 3DS hacked forever. I would recommend to stay with CFW or Gateway a moment before you decide to join our religion.

So, 1st step will be install Homebrew Launcher, be familiar with it and with the way to launch it, and then perform a downgrade to 9.2
I don't remember everything in the process but hacking a 3DS often involve 3DS formating, so you might loose some data.

Once your 3DS is in verison 9.2, you'll have to be familiar with sysNand, EmuNand (and RedNand ?) terms.
in few simple words :
sysnand = system of the 3DS never EVER update this one.
emunand = copy of the synand. We use sysnand to boot the 3DS, then a hack is used to boot to emuNand were plenty of fun runs. emunand can be updated (but wait for the call on this forum before doing it :D)

Part 3 of the guide explains how to install a rednand (which is almost the same thing as an emunand) but if you want to use gateway, you are done with this guide and can switch to a gateway guide.

last thing : i can confirm that creating emunand with gateway will works with Custom Firmware installation and A9LH installation. But i can't say if creating a rednand allows the gateway to works with it (can someone confirm ?)

Last edited by koyuki38,
Reactions: Megaman Hunter

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey im trying to install gateway on it but when I go to ds profile it shuts my 3ds & send me back to start screen giving an error what to do?
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please help!!

Either you should downgrade to 4.5 (to use MSET) or update to 9.2 (latter is preferable because of Menuhax). For now, you can launch Gateway Launcher with the go gateway site in your 3DS browser.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
go.gateway-3ds.com/

You need to visit this web site with your 3DS browser and the Launcher.dat (provided by gateway web site) at the root of your SD card.

There is probably some 3DS version requirement but i don't know anything after 9.2.

There is also a way to do it without internet with an android application

Last edited by koyuki38,

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
go.gateway-3ds.com/

You need to visit this web site with your 3DS browser and the Launcher.dat (provided by gateway web site) at the root of your SD card.

There is probably some 3DS version requirement but i don't know anything after 9.2.

There is also a way to do it without internet with an android application
how to do with an android aplication?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Either you should downgrade to 4.5 (to use MSET) or update to 9.2 (latter is preferable because of Menuhax). For now, you can launch Gateway Launcher with the go gateway site in your 3DS browser.
thanks!!!! go.gateway-3ds.com works!!!

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The application is called '3DS X-loader' and is available on the store

It can be used to replace the go gateway web site. To use gateway with the browerhax, we use a website page that trigger a thing then poof -> hax bitch.
The application is here to replace the website.
Instead of conecting to a webpage through internet, you connect to a webpage which runs on the phone/application

You'll need to turn your phone as a hotspot wifi. The application does it for you but depending on your android version it might not do it itself. So you still can activate it manually in phone parameters.
Set SSID/network name = 'AndroidAP' (because for unknown reason it doesn't work for me if i use another one). I don't think a password is needed.

Now turn ON the X-loader application and go in settings application. Make sure SSID is set as 'AndroidAP'.
If you set a security password for your hotspot, make sure it's the same written in the app.

Back on your 3DS, you'll want to connect to the phone instead of conecting to your personal home internet. Just go in parameters and set the conexion with the SSID and the password.

Once your 3DS is conected to your phone, go in Camera with your 3DS and scan the QR code. It will launch the browser and the webpage that runs on the phone.
note : you don't need to turn ON phone data. You only need your phone as hotspot wifi.

Anyway, this application is a little bit old.
Now i guess that gateway users that still not have A9LH use menuhax to boot Homebrew Launcher, then Gateway Hombrew to boot gateway. No phone and no internet required \o/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag