• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Apl_Juice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urg. Alright, I messed something up, but I have no idea what and how to fix it on a 9.2 n3ds. So I'm trying to set up reiNand again. I do menuhax to get to reiNand, then I do browserhax so I can install HBLauncher_loader and FBI to my emunand, but neither of them want to install. Here's the error message:

Install failed!
FBI.cia
Source: source_am_start_cia_install
module: module_nn_os
level: level_permanent
Summary: summary_wrong_argument
description: description_invalid_command

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not want to open a new thread for this so I will ask here:

I was able like a month ago to instal GBA injects on my sys/emu NANDS, and I can play them with no issues, BUT, now for no apparent reason, I install any GBA inect and they DONT appear on my sys nand, and neither can play them on emunand.

The old injects I have are OK and all, but any new installed game just dont show up on both Nands.

USA O3ds, unlinked nands, sys 9.2U emu RX10.5.0.30U.

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, you made an SD card backup, but do not have a sysNAND or emuNAND backup? Did you already dump your OTP? Or did the SD card die before you dumped it? Are you still on firmware 2.1?

Sorry I'm not too sure on how to answer this, but to simplify, I copied all the contents of the SD card right when I was stuck on the OTP verification part (and during that time after trying to get pass the verification process, the SD card just died).

I dont think that my emuNAND is on 2.1 because If i'm not mistaken, the OTP verification part comes after the downgrading, and since I was stuck at the verification part, I just keep on restoring, downgrading and then try to verify it.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I'm not too sure on how to answer this, but to simplify, I copied all the contents of the SD card right when I was stuck on the OTP verification part (and during that time after trying to get pass the verification process, the SD card just died).

I dont think that my emuNAND is on 2.1 because If i'm not mistaken, the OTP verification part comes after the downgrading, and since I was stuck at the verification part, I just keep on restoring, downgrading and then try to verify it.
Ok, I'm trying to figure out where exactly you're at in the guide. From what I can tell you were at Part 4, Section II, Step 15 (select "One Click Setup" on OTP Helper). At this point, OTP Helper was failing to validate your NAND. During the process of trying to get your NAND verified by OTP Helper, your SD card died.

You have a backup of the SD card you made by copying all of the files to your PC. You should also have a emuNAND_formatted.bin file somewhere on your PC if you're following the guide. Here's what you're going to want to do. Copy your SD card backup to the new SD card. If EmuNAND9 wasn't among the files you backed up, set up EmuNAND9 on your new SD card. Boot into the Homebrew Launcher, and boot EmuNAND9 from there. Select "Complete EmuNAND Setup" and follow the directions. Once it's finished, go to the main menu of EmuNAND9 and press select to eject your SD card. Copy your SD card backup to your SD card again. This time, you should also copy emuNAND_formatted.bin to your SD card as well. Go to "EmuNAND Manager Options" and choose "Clone file to EmuNAND." Select your emuNAND_formatted.bin. Once it finishes, you've wrote your emuNAND_formatted.bin back to your emuNAND partition.

After that, you should be able to continue from where you left off!

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a link to a guide or knows the process on how to play injected GBA roms that are cias ? I have al9h with aureinand with sysnand only.

Last edited by Ryu X,

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I'm trying to figure out where exactly you're at in the guide. From what I can tell you were at Part 4, Section II, Step 15 (select "One Click Setup" on OTP Helper). At this point, OTP Helper was failing to validate your NAND. During the process of trying to get your NAND verified by OTP Helper, your SD card died.

You have a backup of the SD card you made by copying all of the files to your PC. You should also have a emuNAND_formatted.bin file somewhere on your PC if you're following the guide. Here's what you're going to want to do. Copy your SD card backup to the new SD card. If EmuNAND9 wasn't among the files you backed up, set up EmuNAND9 on your new SD card. Boot into the Homebrew Launcher, and boot EmuNAND9 from there. Select "Complete EmuNAND Setup" and follow the directions. Once it's finished, go to the main menu of EmuNAND9 and press select to eject your SD card. Copy your SD card backup to your SD card again. This time, you should also copy emuNAND_formatted.bin to your SD card as well. Go to "EmuNAND Manager Options" and choose "Clone file to EmuNAND." Select your emuNAND_formatted.bin. Once it finishes, you've wrote your emuNAND_formatted.bin back to your emuNAND partition.

After that, you should be able to continue from where you left off!

Oh wow, thank you so much for the detailed instructions!

Yes, your description regarding my situation is spot on!
If I don't misunderstand your instruction, I think I will have to set up the EmuNAND9 first since my sd card is new and not yet converted to the EmuNAND thing (?).

So, just to clarify, I should copy all backups that I have (the ones that was stuck on part 4, section II, step 15) into the new sd card, set up the EmuNAND9 (to complete the emuNAND setup), eject it and recopy the whole backup data?
Sorry for repeating this, I'm just a bit confuse since It seems that I have to recopy the backup twice (is all data got wiped when the EmuNAND9 is setup?)

Thank you again for your help!

njaynl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
following the nice guide on github i got my o3ds hacked with aureinand cfw and al9h ! took my 3 hours pff :) but it worked ! ... questions ... do i need the cia files i installed still on my sd? and can i just update my cfw sysnand always to the latest version?

Reactions: NoGamer
N

NoGamer

Yes and Yes. But, before updating SysNAND better wait until they are sure everythings will work again, just to be sure.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow, thank you so much for the detailed instructions!

Yes, your description regarding my situation is spot on!
If I don't misunderstand your instruction, I think I will have to set up the EmuNAND9 first since my sd card is new and not yet converted to the EmuNAND thing (?).

So, just to clarify, I should copy all backups that I have (the ones that was stuck on part 4, section II, step 15) into the new sd card, set up the EmuNAND9 (to complete the emuNAND setup), eject it and recopy the whole backup data?
Sorry for repeating this, I'm just a bit confuse since It seems that I have to recopy the backup twice (is all data got wiped when the EmuNAND9 is setup?)

Thank you again for your help!
Yes, because it's a new SD card, emuNAND needs to be formatted on it.

Yes, copy all of the files from your original SD card to the new one (you don't need to copy over any emuNAND backups over yet though). Setup EmuNAND9 and format your emuNAND.

When emuNAND is formatted, it formats the whole SD card so it can add another partition to it; this is why you need to copy your backed up files to the SD card again. This time, when copying your backed up files, make sure to also copy the emuNAND_formatted.bin file to the root of the SD card as well. From there, use EmuNAND9 to inject emuNAND_formatted.bin to your emuNAND.

DrakKinght

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
i just downgraded my New 3DS XL to 9.2 from 10,5 and now i don't rlly know what to do. My goal was to be able to play 3DS game roms like with a sky3ds flashcard, without spending 90€. Soo... what do i have to do know? Install a CFW? Which one? Where do i put the roms and what do I open them with? I rlly have no idea.

Last edited by DrakKinght,

kutiebboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, first, sorry about my bad English, second, I have A LOT of question. The nearest time I play a handheld console is PSP but now I want to buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL/LL White. But then I realize that I know nothing about Nintendo, I'm hoping that you guys can help me.

1. I dont know if there is a difference between LL and XL. Well, which one is better or more stable ?. I have a friend go to JP, the N3DS there is a bit cheaper but I have to wait for a half month for it.

2. Which one should I use with it, CFS or GW or SKY+ ( not depending on the money I have ) ?. Which one have more risk of being bricked when I use ?

3. Is there any game that I can only play with LL but not XL ?

njaynl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
i just downgraded my New 3DS XL to 9.2 from 10,5 and now i don't rlly know what to do. My goal was to be able to play 3DS game roms like with a sky3ds flashcard, without spending 90€. Soo... what do i have to do know? Install a CFW? Which one? Where do i put the roms and what do I open them with? I rlly have no idea.

Follow this guide:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, first, sorry about my bad English, second, I have A LOT of question. The nearest time I play a handheld console is PSP but now I want to buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL/LL White. But then I realize that I know nothing about Nintendo, I'm hoping that you guys can help me.

1. I dont know if there is a difference between LL and XL. Well, which one is better or more stable ?. I have a friend go to JP, the N3DS there is a bit cheaper but I have to wait for a half month for it.

2. Which one should I use with it, CFS or GW or SKY+ ( not depending on the money I have ) ?. Which one have more risk of being bricked when I use ?

3. Is there any game that I can only play with LL but not XL ?
1. XL and LL are the same sizes. Iirc, LL is used mainly in Japan while XL is used more around the world. And because of that, they're both basically the same in terms of stability.

2. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the term "CFS". Are you trying to say "CFW" (custom firmware) or perhaps "cia"? Personally, I recommend just staying away from GW and Sky+. They're a waste of money for the free alternatives we have now. And because mostly everything you'll be doing is on emunand, bricking isn't a problem.

3. Like I said LL is equivalent to XL, so no. ;)

Reactions: kutiebboy

kutiebboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. XL and LL are the same sizes. Iirc, LL is used mainly in Japan while XL is used more around the world. And because of that, they're both basically the same in terms of stability.

2. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the term "CFS". Are you trying to say "CFW" (custom firmware) or perhaps "cia"? Personally, I recommend just staying away from GW and Sky+. They're a waste of money for the free alternatives we have now. And because mostly everything you'll be doing is on emunand, bricking isn't a problem.

3. Like I said LL is equivalent to XL, so no. ;)
oh my, thank you so much for the fast reply. And yes, that's CFW, my mistake :P. I guess I'll go for the XL, cant wait for too long even just because yesterday I want to play Pokemon but I have to buy a N3DS.

Norii

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys.
I updated my EmuNAND from 9.1 to 10.7 by System in ReiNAND. After update, my FBI become Exclamation marks and i cant use it. What should i do to make it back to normal?
Thanks for any Help!

N

NoGamer

Guy's

Is there a CIA game viewer that include illustration (cover art etc) ? Now if i need to delete a CIA game i have to search for the serial code on http://www.3dsdb.com/. So is there a Homebrew app that can show your games with illustration and maybe also the serial code etc.

Edit: Can ORGANIZ3D show installed CIA games with illustrations ?

Last edited by ,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys.
I updated my EmuNAND from 9.1 to 10.7 by System in ReiNAND. After update, my FBI become Exclamation marks and i cant use it. What should i do to make it back to normal?
Thanks for any Help!
Wow. I've never heard that before. That's some weird behavior. You should delete FBI and try reinstalling the cia and see if that fixes it.
Guy's

Is there a CIA game viewer that include illustration (cover art etc) ? Now if i need to delete a CIA game i have to search for the serial code on http://www.3dsdb.com/. So is there a Homebrew app that can show your games with illustration and maybe also the serial code etc.

Edit: Can ORGANIZ3D show installed CIA games with illustrations ?
Do you need to delete cias? Just use the "data management" within system settings. It'll show you all your cias.

Reactions: Norii and NoGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights :glare: +1