• Views 4,532,142
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey, I have a few different questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'd really appreciate it!
1. Is there any easier way to autoboot into EmuNAND other than my method of booting menuhax then autobooting rxTools?
2. Is there any way for me to have custom themes on emuNAND while still being able to autoboot into emuNAND?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey, I have a few different questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'd really appreciate it!
1. Is there any easier way to autoboot into EmuNAND other than my method of booting menuhax then autobooting rxTools?
2. Is there any way for me to have custom themes on emuNAND while still being able to autoboot into emuNAND?

1. Yes. You can either rename your CFW.3dsx file to boot.3dsx so it directly loads your CFW, OR, you can use CTRbootmanager and set timeout to 1 and default as your CFW.
2. Yes, you don't need or probably have menuhax on emuNAND, so you can install custom themes no problem(unless your NANDs are linked!) :)

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Yes. You can either rename your CFW.3dsx file to boot.3dsx so it directly loads your CFW, OR, you can use CTRbootmanager and set timeout to 1 and default as your CFW.
2. Yes, you don't need or probably have menuhax on emuNAND, so you can install custom themes no problem(unless your NANDs are linked!) :)

Thanks for the answer! But I don't seem to have a "CFW.3dsx" on my SD card... :unsure:

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
That's what I thought you meant but I don't have rxTools.3dsx either. Which is odd because rxTools is what I'm using. :unsure:
It should be there in your rxTools.zip download. It'll be in 'release\Ninjhax\3ds\rxTools\', drag/copy the 3ds folder into your SD root and then rename the rxTools.3dsx in aforementioned location to boot.3dsx. Move your current boot.3dsx to somewhere on your PC, then copy the rxTools.3dsx one(now boot.3dsx) to your SD's root :)

EDIT: Didn't see the edit Lol

Last edited by HariGp,

460cidpower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3DS on 10.6.0-31U and around 10 game carts. Recently I got a Sky3DS+.

I mainly play Pokemon and kept my 3DS updated with official firmware so I could download the promo anniversary legendaries. (I've thought about CFW but didn't want to risk banning/bricks/ect.)

I never play any games online with others otherwise.

I got the Sky3DS+ because I wanted to be able to try games before I buy them and have multiple games on hand without having to carry all my carts.

Since I won't use the Sky3DS+ online at all, only legit carts whilst being online, will I need to worry about "Private headers" or do I still run the risk of being banned?

Last edited by 460cidpower,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
forgot to specify, I want to aces e-shop on a 9.x system on any (old/new) 3ds.

You don't.

I have an old 3DS on 10.6.0-31U and around 10 game carts. Recently I got a Sky3DS+.

I mainly play Pokemon and kept my 3DS updated with official firmware so I could download the promo anniversary legendaries. (I've thought about CFW but didn't want to risk banning/bricks/ect.)

I got the Sky3DS+ because I wanted to be able to try games before I buy them and have multiple games on hand without having to carry all my carts.

Since I won't use the Sky3DS+ online at all, only legit carts whilst being online, will I need to worry about "Private headers" or do I still run the risk of being banned?

If you're completely offline when you play your games on your Sky3DS+, then you don't have to worry about private headers.

Martin Lalić

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello, i bought nintendo 3ds, and it has modification so i can play games via my sd card, but i only can play .nds games, not .3ds, and i bought it just because pokemon x and y and now i cannot play those games :(( please help.. i'm desperate

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

1. I tried doing this and it worked in autobooting emuNAND but it made me get a black screen when I tried to open the Homebrew Laun
2. I tried installing custom themes in emuNAND but it caused me to lose Menuhax which left me unable to get to emuNAND.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. I tried doing this and it worked in autobooting emuNAND but it made me get a black screen when I tried to open the Homebrew Laun
2. I tried installing custom themes in emuNAND but it caused me to lose Menuhax which left me unable to get to emuNAND.

1. Your config file is probably wrong if you're doing CTRBootManager
2. You must have had linked NANDs.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I don't need RXTools or anything like that, FBI will install any game correct?
No, the guide should set you up with either Cakes or AuReinand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you follow the arm9loaderhax guide, you can keep your system up to date but still exploitable. It seems a huge waste to not do this - you can't play any eShop games for example (meaning no Pokemon red, blue or yellow). If you are going to do it, now is the time, as Nintendo will probably block downgrading on 10.7.

dn*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I have a 4.5 SYSNAND and a 9.5 EMUNAND (GW) that I've been using with my DS Profile exploit-edition of Gateway card.

How can I ditch the Gateway card and launch emunand without the cards? (I still have them, but want to travel and not bring them with me).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Guys I have a 4.5 SYSNAND and a 9.5 EMUNAND (GW) that I've been using with my DS Profile exploit-edition of Gateway card.

How can I ditch the Gateway card and launch emunand without the cards? (I still have them, but want to travel and not bring them with me).
Set up rxTools. You basically just need a few files on your SD and you'll be able to launch it with the DS profile exploit. Note you won't be able to use the red card to play games. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

kukupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have previously downgraded my O3DS and installed RXtools on it so at the moment my sysNAND is on 9.2 and my emuNAND is on 10.4. I've heard that there's a new way to do all this via arm9loaderhax. My question is what are the benefits of using arm9loaderhax compared to what I already have at the moment? Is it worth changing to this new one? If it is, what would be an ideal guide to follow for changing what I have at the moment to the new arm9loaderhax?

Thanks

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have reinand 10.6 emunand 9.2 sysnand on my n3ds xl and i've read about a new loader called a9lh.

How should i eventually proceed to upgrade to that loader?

Last edited by iv2b,

460cidpower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at the downgrading guide ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-fr...g-your-3ds-from-10-4-10-5-10-6-to-9-2.418125/ ) and I don't have "10.6 with Ninjhax/OOThax" Isn't that required?

If you follow the arm9loaderhax guide, you can keep your system up to date but still exploitable. It seems a huge waste to not do this - you can't play any eShop games for example (meaning no Pokemon red, blue or yellow). If you are going to do it, now is the time, as Nintendo will probably block downgrading on 10.7.

Last edited by 460cidpower,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...