• Views 4,533,450
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oops I got the people mixed up. @gamesquest1 is the UK guy and hundshamer is the USA guy. In any case both of them have been tagged now so whichever one is the UK guy might message you :)

Thanks again! I also found this (extremely lengthy) guide for installing CFW that says that a hardmod is no longer necessary with new developments. Would you agree with this or would it still be better to get a hardmod in case of bricking? Basically, how safe is the process outlined in this guide?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading)

Also, this is an extremely lengthy process. Is it really the simplest way to get reliable CFW on there?

Last edited by slickochet,

srwaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GUYS, I have a question: I have a O3DS XL with 10.6. I was looking for a downgrade, but appears that I need a physical copy of Cubix Ninja OR Ocarina of Time.
Is that correct? If so, there's another way to do the downgrade?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
GUYS, I have a question: I have a O3DS XL with 10.6. I was looking for a downgrade, but appears that I need a physical copy of Cubix Ninja OR Ocarina of Time.
Is that correct? If so, there's another way to do the downgrade?
You need Cubic Ninja/OOT

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Hi,

I just downgraded my o3DS XL to 9.2 successfully, but now browserhax doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

randomdev

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are system titles legit CIAs? Because I want to downgrade TWL-FIRM on 9.6 sysnand, and I don't want to downgrade (don't want to make an emunand to play 9.6+ games...).
So is it possible ? sysupdater can downgrade system titles on 10.6, but when I try do do it with only the old twl-firm cia in the "updates", it return me an error...

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to move my NNID and eshop content thats on emunand back to the sysnand that is was originally copied from after I already formatted sysnand so that they would be unlinked?
My Sysnand is on firmware 9.2
and my emunand is on firmware 10.3

I only really want the NNID on my sysnand so I can transfer it to my n3ds and then downgrade that with my orignal nnid intact.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to move my NNID and eshop content thats on emunand back to the sysnand that is was originally copied from after I already formatted sysnand so that they would be unlinked?

I only really want the NNID on my sysnand so I can transfer it to my n3ds and then downgrade that with my orignal nnid intact.

Why don't you just do a system transfer after you get CFW on your N3DS?

Last edited by thedude28,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Do a system transfer from emunand to emunand. It wouldn't be useful having the NNID on sysnand as you would have to update it to the latest version to transfer, ruining CFW in the process.

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a system transfer from emunand to emunand. It wouldn't be useful having the NNID on sysnand as you would have to update it to the latest version to transfer, ruining CFW in the process.
Why don't you just do a system transfer after you get CFW on your N3DS?
Dang I would've done that earlier if I knew that. For some reason I thought system transfers wouldn't work between Emunands, but if I can just do a sytem transfer that that makes things a whole lot less complicated.

Thank you for your help!

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DSXL on 10.6 with an NNID tied to it. If I wanted to downgrade and keep my NNID, would formatting and downgrading and then updating an emuNAND to 10.6 allow me to link the NNID back to it or not?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a N3DSXL on 10.6 with an NNID tied to it. If I wanted to downgrade and keep my NNID, would formatting and downgrading and then updating an emuNAND to 10.6 allow me to link the NNID back to it or not?
Yes, Nintendo's servers have a record of your console belonging to that NNID so you can relink it after formatting. You'd only not be able to if you played with SecureInfo_A or did a system transfer. Or sometimes there can be bugs if you're signed into Sysnand and you try to link to your emunand.

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Nintendo's servers have a record of your console belonging to that NNID so you can relink it after formatting. You'd only not be able to if you played with SecureInfo_A or did a system transfer. Or sometimes there can be bugs if you're signed into Sysnand and you try to link to your emunand.
So I would just have to make sure to create an emuNAND and unlink it from my sysnand before linking it to my NNID?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...