• Views 4,575,191
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may seem like a silly question but I want to keep using my sd card for my N3ds *the same 1 I had in my O3ds that was already formatted for GateWay* Is there a way I can I can add a SYSNAND to the pre inserted N3DS sd card without formatting it so, I can transfer the system NAND for the N3DS to my laptop to injest in the already pre formatted sd card. I don't want to mess with another sd card & half it just to get system NAND. Is there an easier way?

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another option is to have it hardmodded and downgraded. @hundshamer can do that for you. It should cost less than the price of a Sky3DS and you'll be able to do a LOT more with your system (Sky is very restricted).

Thanks for the reply! Didn't even know this was an option. Haven't heard it mentioned anywhere else.

One problem though: as mentioned, I live in the UK. Can hundshamer service UK too or does he know someone who can?

Reactions: Quantumcat

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question, how would I go about uninstalling a theme .cia created with Howling Theme Tool?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the reply! Didn't even know this was an option. Haven't heard it mentioned anywhere else.

One problem though: as mentioned, I live in the UK. Can hundshamer service UK too or does he know someone who can?
Oops I got the people mixed up. @gamesquest1 is the UK guy and hundshamer is the USA guy. In any case both of them have been tagged now so whichever one is the UK guy might message you :)

Reactions: gamesquest1

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
idk. Context? There might be a better solution.

I installed a .cia with a few custom themes and now each time I go to the theme menu it displays other themes completely random so I wanted to completely uninstall it and try again with Big Blue Menu.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
This may seem like a silly question but I want to keep using my sd card for my N3ds *the same 1 I had in my O3ds that was already formatted for GateWay* Is there a way I can I can add a SYSNAND to the pre inserted N3DS sd card without formatting it so, I can transfer the system NAND for the N3DS to my laptop to injest in the already pre formatted sd card. I don't want to mess with another sd card & half it just to get system NAND. Is there an easier way?
1. You can't use another system's SD and expect to have the same stuff on the new system.
2. If you just insert the SD, then your N3ds will just create a new folder in 'Nintendo 3ds'. And you can create an emuNAND on it too.
3. Your O3ds will be able to read whatever its stuff were, and your N3ds will read its. But downside is, it will take double the space :/

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You can't use another system's SD and expect to have the same stuff on the new system.
2. If you just insert the SD, then your N3ds will just create a new folder in 'Nintendo 3ds'. And you can create an emuNAND on it too.
3. Your O3ds will be able to read whatever its stuff were, and your N3ds will read its. But downside is, it will take double the space :/
Thanks but I guess I'll have to just use the pre installed sd card, format it & then insert the new NAND on the 16gig I was using on my O3DS. Thought there would be a way around it, but guess not.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
depends. Firmware 10.4 and up requires a hardmod, something most 3ds users dont attempt. It requires soldering wires in the 3ds to dump the nand to a pc. If your 3ds came with 10.3 through 9.3, you can look up a downgrade tutorial, and use the internet browser as an entrypoint. Once it's downgrade or if it came like that, look up how to install an emunand using the browser as an entrypoint again. Also with alot of effort you CAN change your emunand region. Difficult and buggy though. And i didnt read the full comment. No, emunand cannot be transfered from 1 3ds to another, but region changes are possible.
not anymore :)

EmceeHuge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, I bricked my 3DS on 7.1.0-12U. Trying to open anything that uses the main tiles to open results in an error message and a reset. Strangely, the top menu icons and the camera through R+L still work. I don't suppose there's any hope of a 3DS cartridge with a firmware update (such as SSB) helping?

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question about the CFW, recently i finally installed emunand on my 3ds system and my 3ds sysnand is still at 9.2 with menuhax,
is there a way to access the homebrew launcher through emunand? i have some CIA video files i want to install on my emunand

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Welp, I bricked my 3DS on 7.1.0-12U. Trying to open anything that uses the main tiles to open results in an error message and a reset. Strangely, the top menu icons and the camera through R+L still work. I don't suppose there's any hope of a 3DS cartridge with a firmware update (such as SSB) helping?
Just update to a later downgrade-able version through a game cart, and then attempt to downgrade again :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have a question about the CFW, recently i finally installed emunand on my 3ds system and my 3ds sysnand is still at 9.2 with menuhax,
is there a way to access the homebrew launcher through emunand? i have some CIA video files i want to install on my emunand
If you're emuNAND is not on latest FW, then use browserhax and install a CIA installer to your emuNAND. OR Inject FBI/any CIA installer into your Health&Safety app :)

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soft-Bricked an O3ds (Not by SVCHAX) and I decided to try and use the recovery mode as SVCHax Seems to be working on 10.6 so why not try and downgrade back and fix the brick, but I am able to access the System Safe-Mode and the update looks good but it hangs at a specific place each time, I've tried rebooting making sure there is no DNS and everything else that is said to cause it to fail, I've even moved between 3 Internet connections and it still hangs at the same place, Any Ideas?

WBW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fun mistake: I restored a 10.6 emuNAND over my A9LH'd sysNAND. It's done. Kaput. The console in question is now sold off.

The question is, would it be a good idea to install A9LH on emuNAND as well? Just in case this sort of thing happens?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning