Alyassus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a CFW, rxtools at the newest FW 10.6. I'm trying to transfer the save games from my original cartridge (the game is Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call - EUR) to my cia install. I have googled and found some tutorials talking about using SaveDataFiler. If I understand it correctly it will never work because, according to 3dsdb.com comes from FW 7.1.0. So, that means the save files are encrypted in a way that makes it impossible what I am trying to do. Is that correct?

I'm not sure if this save game ecryption having to be 6 or lower is the same as what 3dsdb.com gives as FW. Also, since I have the original cartridge, is there a way I can just dump my original game with savegames onto my SD? Thank You.

Navii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Use rxTools to inject FBI into your health and safety, then install the sysUpdater.cia to your sysNAND. Get the update CIAs required from that iso site, and place it in SD:\updates. Now run rxTools Pasta mode then use the sysUpdater to update to 9.2. Now you can use browserhax to setup HBL, then use emuNAND9 or gateway launcher create an emuNAND, and do whatever you want with it.

Details on how to update:
  1. Go to a place to download update packs *that iso site* and download a "full" 9.2 update pack. (I'm not allowed to link it here unfortunately :/ But if you google this, with quotation marks you might find it - "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)" OR you could use 3DNUS to download the firmware package.
  2. Open it. Try to find a folder with a ton of .cia files in it. Usually it's called updates. Move it to your SD card and rename it to updates if it isn't already.
  3. Download sysUpdater from here. The cia will be inside the zip files, move it to somewhere on the SD card.
  4. Download FBI from here. Place it on the root of your SD
  5. Load rxTools, go to Advanced, select install FBI. Let it do its thing, make sure you let it up backup the original h&s if you ever want to restore it again.
  6. Load rxTools, go to Pasta Mode, and install sysUpdater.cia through the h&s app(now FBI)
  7. Open gift wrap, launch sysUpdater and select update. (Make sure you got the update from the correct site) After it installed all the CIAs, let it reboot. Done, you're now on sysNAND 9.2 :)
Look here first(instead of downgrade, you do an update):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

Yes

First of all, thank you for your help! I'm currently trying to install FBI, but I get "Opening SecureInfo_A... Failed! Opening SecureInfo_B... Failed!" I read somewhere you need EMUnand to inject FBI and that's why I get the error, but I'm not sure how to get emunand without a browser.

ok you should . . . .wait a second . . . you already boot into rxtools then you are a little ahead of my train of thought . . . . ok if you can launch rxtools so you must have 6.x and mest set up. the next step is to get you to 9.0 0r 9.2 so . . .
download sysupdater and then update 9.2 (you can find the update on that iso site)
put the update in a single folder on sd card root named "updates"
then on your 3ds open the rxtools menu and boot the console into devmode (never builds call this pasta mode)
then install sysupdater and run it . . . .wait . . . . done

btw you should give this guide a read . . . it covers updating to 9.2 and setting up menuhax and other goodies along with the core of rxtools installation

Thanks for your answer. Wouldn't I need FBI first in order to install sysupdater?

Last edited by Navii,

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello! I hope this is the right section.
I have a 4.4.0-10E o3DS with a working browser and would like to upgrade to 9.2.
Can someone point me to the most recent guide for doing that? Thank you!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ItsMetaKnight

sieg777

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there GBAtemp,

First foray into CFWs since the good ol' fat PSP days, and am looking for a little guidance. I'd just like to start off by saying that I am only here as a result of finding partial or inconclusive information, and resorting to asking the community here for an answer. I was interested in doing this with my JP N3DS a few months before the N3DS launched in America, however, as you may recall there was no public guide on how to install a CFW back then (at least to my knowledge) :P To give you some background on my setup and tools:

device: Japanese N3DS (small one)
sysnand: 8.1.0-0J
emunand: GW3D 10.6.0-31J
cards: Gateway Red Card (updated to 3.7.1), Sky3DS (blue button model)

What I am hoping to do: Install a (U) emunand on my JP N3DS.

What I have managed so far:
- Used my Sky3DS with a Cubic Ninja (J) rom to boot into Gateway (this was due to the N3DS forcing an update request on the 8.1.0 FW whenever I wanted to launch the browser, regardless of configuring the DNS or date)
- Backed up my sysnand
- Created my emunand, and updated it
- Did the nvram install so I could boot into emunand through the DS profile exploit

What I've skipped:
- Anything regarding the Gateway blue card, due to getting kicked out of booting it since it reads out as a (U) game I think?
- Installing browserhax or menuhax due to the aforementioned browser hangup.

From what I understand, I need to use something called CIA to replace a bunch of J-designated files with their U variants, and then perform a system format? I guess my main misunderstanding is how do I go about this within the context of my setup, and if there is in fact a guide for doing this that I have clearly missed in my searching.

Thank you all in advance.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there GBAtemp,

First foray into CFWs since the good ol' fat PSP days, and am looking for a little guidance. I'd just like to start off by saying that I am only here as a result of finding partial or inconclusive information, and resorting to asking the community here for an answer. I was interested in doing this with my JP N3DS a few months before the N3DS launched in America, however, as you may recall there was no public guide on how to install a CFW back then (at least to my knowledge) :P To give you some background on my setup and tools:

device: Japanese N3DS (small one)
sysnand: 8.1.0-0J
emunand: GW3D 10.6.0-31J
cards: Gateway Red Card (updated to 3.7.1), Sky3DS (blue button model)

What I am hoping to do: Install a (U) emunand on my JP N3DS.

What I have managed so far:
- Used my Sky3DS with a Cubic Ninja (J) rom to boot into Gateway (this was due to the N3DS forcing an update request on the 8.1.0 FW whenever I wanted to launch the browser, regardless of configuring the DNS or date)
- Backed up my sysnand
- Created my emunand, and updated it
- Did the nvram install so I could boot into emunand through the DS profile exploit

What I've skipped:
- Anything regarding the Gateway blue card, due to getting kicked out of booting it since it reads out as a (U) game I think?
- Installing browserhax or menuhax due to the aforementioned browser hangup.

From what I understand, I need to use something called CIA to replace a bunch of J-designated files with their U variants, and then perform a system format? I guess my main misunderstanding is how do I go about this within the context of my setup, and if there is in fact a guide for doing this that I have clearly missed in my searching.

Thank you

This may help you.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it's been asked yet. But I just purchased the new Red/Blue 3DS. Will I be able to install a custom firmware/downgrade it when I get it? Or is it too high of a firmware?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if it's been asked yet. But I just purchased the new Red/Blue 3DS. Will I be able to install a custom firmware/downgrade it when I get it? Or is it too high of a firmware?
If the system's firmware is <=10.3, you can downgrade and set up a cfw, else, you'll need a hardmod

chris.chan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I'm completely new to this homebrew thing but I really want to play Fire Emblem Fates undub (Miyuki 4lyf). Unfortunately, I have firmware 10.6.0-31U. How do I get Homebrew and play FE:F undub? Apparently, I need linux to use smashbroshax but I'm not tech savvy enough to change windows to linux or is there a way to mod wifi beacons with windows10?

Have: n3ds 10.6.0-31U, Fire Emblem Fates birthright cartridge + conquest DLC, OoT3d, Powersave Dongle, Smashbros 3ds.
Want: FE:F undub

Thank you.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I'm completely new to this homebrew thing but I really want to play Fire Emblem Fates undub (Miyuki 4lyf). Unfortunately, I have firmware 10.6.0-31U. How do I get Homebrew and play FE:F undub? Apparently, I need linux to use smashbroshax but I'm not tech savvy enough to change windows to linux or is there a way to mod wifi beacons with windows10?

Have: n3ds 10.6.0-31U, Fire Emblem Fates birthright cartridge + conquest DLC, OoT3d, Powersave Dongle, Smashbros 3ds.
Want: FE:F undub

Thank you.

You can use OoT to get OoT hax, you have a powersave dongle so it's possible.

Reactions: fireguy85

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a system transfer from 10.6 sysNAND on O3DS to emuNAND (CFW=ReiNAND 3.3) on N3DS. My eshop downloads seem to work and my save data for cartridges seem fine, but how to I get back my saves for Pokemon Rumble World and Pokemon Shuffle?

I have my old SD card still and lots of backups.

FBI is also gone. I'm guessing I need to inject it into H&S and then maybe use savedatafiler? I really don't know how else to get it unless Nintendo can recover my save data for me.

Last edited by fireguy85,

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After setting jan 1 2000 00:00 and initialising browser data, I go to browserhaxpage and get "Failed to load part of this page." WTH?

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont . . . do you mean to create a cia from your own eshop game?
Actually, what I'm trying to do is to extract files from (downloaded) CIA games. (Text, sound etc.)
I tried searching for guides using both the forum and google search, but didn't find anything.
Maybe someone here knows where to look? That would be cool!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, what I'm trying to do is to extract files from (downloaded) CIA games. (Text, sound etc.)
I tried searching for guides using both the forum and google search, but didn't find anything.
Maybe someone here knows where to look? That would be cool!
oh . . . sorry i have no idea maybe someone else will help you there

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure out how to get browserhax to work. I get 'failed to load part of the page' on top and a slider on the bottom. if i touch the slider, browser crashes and says 'an error has occurred. please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system.

never used it successfully.

10.1.0-27U

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure out how to get browserhax to work. I get 'failed to load part of the page' on top and a slider on the bottom. if i touch the slider, browser crashes and says 'an error has occurred. please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system.

never used it successfully.

10.1.0-27U

Sure you typed it correctly? Try using the QR code instead:

https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito: Probably just my imagination