• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah okay, so what would you suggest I'd do? I don't have another device, so my only option is to upgrade this one to 10.6, but I guess I won't be able to use gateway anymore then?

Above all things: DO NOT UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO 10.6! So, with that said: I suggest buying a regular flashcard (one that plays Ds roms on your 3ds, not sky3ds ect) and using that to install CFW (rxtools for o3ds, reinand for n3ds). Or just buy a gateway flashcard. I think you don't need the browser in order to get gateway to work.
Is there absolutely no one near you with a 3ds?

Navii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Above all things: DO NOT UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO 10.6! So, with that said: I suggest buying a regular flashcard (one that plays Ds roms on your 3ds, not sky3ds ect) and using that to install CFW (rxtools for o3ds, reinand for n3ds). Or just buy a gateway flashcard. I think you don't need the browser in order to get gateway to work.
Is there absolutely no one near you with a 3ds?

No there is absolutely no one (forever alone)
I do have a gateway cart and my old dstwo flascart which can play ds roms om my 3ds, so I'm going to download rxtools right now. Gateway only works with the browser according to the official manual.
Wish me luck!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No there is absolutely no one (forever alone)
I do have a gateway cart and my old dstwo flascart which can play ds roms om my 3ds, so I'm going to download rxtools right now. Gateway only works with the browser according to the official manual.
Wish me luck!
sorry to say it but, in order to install cfw on a 3ds without a browser, you not only need a ds flashcard but you also need to be on fw 4.x or 6.x . . . . so you need to update to 6.x use this to assist you in finding a game that requires 6.x and buy (rent, shoplift. ect) it use it to update then you can install rxtools cfw, and use rxtools to update to a proper 9.2 and either keep using rxtools and sell gateway, or use both . . . because you can
So if I were to have a physical copy of Ocarina of Time, I would be able to load the homebrew launcher?

Actually, I'm afraid not. For Ocarina of Time you'd need another device that can run the homebrew launcher because in order to use OoT as an entry point instead of the browser, you need to load a special save file onto the cartridge. You can only do that when you have homebrew access on another device. Keep in mind that any device with browser, even on fw 10.5, can enter homebrew.
actually the reason this would not work is there is no oothax payload for fw under 9.5 . . . so even if there was a second hbc enabled 3ds there would still be no joy

Last edited by wormdood,

misterqqqface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aight, I have a little problem with 3dz saves. Basically, there's an undub patch of a game I'm playing. After applying the patch, I then injected my own private header into the game. There was recently an update to the patch to fix some issues. Now, afaik, the headers need to match between the games in order for the saves to transfer. I used the GW rom patcher to extract the header from the old version of the game and imported it to the new patch. Apparently I'm missing something since my save won't load. The serial/main title id/cart id/chip id all match and the headers should be the same.

Navii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sorry to say it but, in order to install cfw on a 3ds without a browser, you not only need a ds flashcard but you also need to be on fw 4.x or 6.x . . . . so you need to update to 6.x use this to assist you in finding a game that requires 6.x and buy (rent, shoplift. ect) it use it to update then you can install rxtools cfw, and use rxtools to update to a proper 9.2 and either keep using rxtools and sell gateway, or use both . . . because you can

Wouldn't I be able to downgrade to 4.x with rxtools and an NDS Flascart? The tutorial seems to suggest so.

Edit: nevermind, I think I read it wrong. You have to use a cia installer to perform the downgrade and I don't think that is an option for me

Last edited by Navii,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't I be able to downgrade to 4.x with rxtools and an NDS Flascart? The tutorial seems to suggest so.
you are currently at 5.0.0-0 so you have no browser so you can not use the browser exploit to install rxtools
in order to install rxtools without a browser you need to be in 4.x or 6.x (the only fw versions with an exploitable mset)
then you use the .nds file (included in the rxtools fw package) to hack mset (ds profile hack)
and use that to launch/setup rxtools. . .
at this point you can downgrade/upgrade fw (btw 4.x is the old coolest fw to have we use 9.0 or 9.2 now, 9.0 and 9.2 have the most haxs and support far more of each than 4.x)( . . . updating is recommended). . .

Last edited by wormdood,

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Having been out of the loop for a while, what is the best 3DS set up right now?

I have a 4.4 o3DS with GateWay EmuNAND 10.1 and use multiple private headers for online games I use with the gateway from games that I have a physical copy of.

Is the GateWay EmuNAND still the way to go for latest FW and features/backup loading and online play? Besides messing with CIA stuff that is, unless there is a real reason to pick CIA over the Gateway?

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused about entry points. I have a 9.9 n3DS, what are my options? I'm not sure I ever used the browser before. I have YT installed.

Pablo90

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a little problem, can I downgrade my new 3ds from 9.2 to 9.0? Or can I update from 9.2 to 10.3 and again downgrade to 9.2? I ask because my 3ds showed me error while I downgraded it from 9.6 to 9.2. It's not brick, because when I turn on 3ds it's normaly working and it say that have 9.2 firmware, but i try install a CFW and Pasta isn't working (black screen when i run it). I'm doing everything with this tutorial LINK , and I'm stop at this point:
  • You will be in Homebrew Launcher now. Scroll down to PastaCFW and start it. This will bring up your home menu again, but with Pasta patches applied, meaning you can install unsigned .cia files now.
any help? Sorry for my english

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Hmmm, I have to wonder, how can I check if the browser included in an ingame update is the dummy one? I have stella Glow wich updates the console to 9.8, however, ive heard some titles have an 9.9 update that dummies out the browser.

I already dumped the game and I have access to the update files, is there a way to verify if the browser is the dummy one or not?

Planning to use that to upgrade an old 3DS in 8.1 and then downgrade to 9.2 ton install CFW.

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hello there,

Quick question. I will be buying a used 3DS soon and want to install a custom firmware on it to play 3DS games on it (for educational purposes.)

The 3DS firmware is "Ver. 6.3.0-12U"

Is this version okay? I know pre-10 is okay, but I do not know what the 12U signifies.

Mikkis2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, im new to this but i am also a very fast learner:P My question is simply this: I got a N3DSXL on FW 9.0.0.20E... what hacks can i do? I was hoping to do FBI injection or whatever so i can play games for free... Ill take any tip you got! I'll appriciate all the help i get :D

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having trouble using browser exploit in 9.9 Japanese o3ds
What should i do?
My cubic ninja is NA version.

Cubic Ninja needs to be JPN version if you want to load homebrew through that way.

Hello there,

Quick question. I will be buying a used 3DS soon and want to install a custom firmware on it to play 3DS games on it (for educational purposes.)

The 3DS firmware is "Ver. 6.3.0-12U"

Is this version okay? I know pre-10 is okay, but I do not know what the 12U signifies.

Usually the last number signifies eShop/browser update version.

Hi, im new to this but i am also a very fast learner:P My question is simply this: I got a N3DSXL on FW 9.0.0.20E... what hacks can i do? I was hoping to do FBI injection or whatever so i can play games for free... Ill take any tip you got! I'll appriciate all the help i get :D

You can get homebrew and get CFW.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How can I update my Menuhax payload to hax 2.6 without breaking my autoboot to Emunand?...I have the payload currently edited to look for ctrb.3dsx...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po