• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Bereavement

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error no matter which cia file I try to install...

Failed to install!
Nameofciafile.cia
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)
Press Start to continue.

And for some reason, it says it's for Wii and there are no title ID's

Last edited by Bereavement,

Saventi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

i am on sysNAND 9.0 and emuNAND 9.0 with rxTools on N3DS. Now i've read that the new Version of rxTools supports 10.5 emuNAND on N3DS. Is there a guide how i can update my rxTools and then safely update my emuNAND to 10.5 without bricking my console and losing my saves? :)

Greetings, Saventi! =)

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey,

i am on sysNAND 9.0 and emuNAND 9.0 with rxTools on N3DS. Now i've read that the new Version of rxTools supports 10.5 emuNAND on N3DS. Is there a guide how i can update my rxTools and then safely update my emuNAND to 10.5 without bricking my console and losing my saves? :)

Greetings, Saventi! =)
It's not really hard, just replace the old rxTools files with the the new ones, and you can update your emuNAND by booting into emuNAND, going into system settings -> other settings -> System Update.

P.S Make sure there's a version string(RXe or Rx3D or something of the sort before the firmware version) when you enter system settings and DON'T go back to home menu as it will kick you back to sysNAND.

Saventi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not really hard, just replace the old rxTools files with the the new ones, and you can update your emuNAND by booting into emuNAND, going into system settings -> other settings -> System Update.

P.S Make sure there's a version string(RXe or Rx3D or something of the sort before the firmware version) when you enter system settings and DON'T go back to home menu as it will kick you back to sysNAND.

Thank you very much! Couldn't believe that it's so easy. I thought i have to do some other stuff first. But before updating i would like to save my sysNAND. I just have to start gateway mode trough Cube Ninja in sysNAND and use the save NAND feature, right? Can i save my emuNAND by starting Cube Ninja there too or isn't that necessary? :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english. I am not a native speaker.

Greetings, Saventi! =)

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thank you very much! Couldn't believe that it's so easy. I thought i have to do some other stuff first. But before updating i would like to save my sysNAND. I just have to start gateway mode trough Cube Ninja in sysNAND and use the save NAND feature, right? Can i save my emuNAND by starting Cube Ninja there too or isn't that necessary? :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english. I am not a native speaker.

Greetings, Saventi! =)
There's no need to backup anything lol This doesn't have a chance to brick your system, just make sure you're on emuNAND before updating. That's all :)

JaimeLannister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi! Currently I have emuNAND 10.4 and sysNAND 9.2

I do have a doubt, I have a DS flashcard (R4iGOLD) that I used to play DS games with but back then when the 3DS was 4.x. It was eventually blocked. I read somewhere that there is a way to whitelist this card so I can use it again. Is there any place where I can read about that?

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How can I log into my NNID on EmuNAND?
When I go into the NNID settings the console reboots into SysNAND.
I am on O3DS with Cakes CFW and EmuNAND on FW 10.5.0-30.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just a short question, there's been a lot of talk about dsi homebrew and getting sodukuhax on 3ds.
may i ask what the point of dsi hacks is? compared to normal 3ds homebrew and cfw?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is it safe to update emunand on O3DS currently? (also what's the safe way of doing it again?)
Yes :) Boot into emuNAND(using whatever CFW you have), and go to system settings -> other settings -> system update

Make sure you're in emuNAND or you'll update your sysNAND. You can also get the 10.5 FW files using 3DNUS, and update using sysUpdater, but it's not required.

Reactions: daicon

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got my niece's o3DS XL, and it's on 10.3. It doesn't have the browser nag of doom, thank god.

My problem is, well, I cannot get browserhax to work at all. I scan the qr code on the website, and I see the screen flashes, and it always hits the orange screen, and crashes. I've tried over 30 times. I deleted the cookies, cache, and the formatted the browser at the bottom. I've even tried a different SD card, but I cannot for the life of me get passed the orange screen.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got my niece's o3DS XL, and it's on 10.3. It doesn't have the browser nag of doom, thank god.

My problem is, well, I cannot get browserhax to work at all. I scan the qr code on the website, and I see the screen flashes, and it always hits the orange screen, and crashes. I've tried over 30 times. I deleted the cookies, cache, and the formatted the browser at the bottom. I've even tried a different SD card, but I cannot for the life of me get passed the orange screen.
sorry browserhax is lame and there is no better (free) way . . . keep trying and as soon as it works install menuhax

milololo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, so I just got a 3ds xl and a gateway ultra card, I have been trying to follow the gateways instuctions but I can not get past the first step

i am trying to run the exploit with the QR code and i am not having any joy, it just loads a white screen every time (bottom screen) no error messages
I've also tried typing in the url and the same thing happens

tried this about 20 - 30 times

i have a 3dsxl (old version has the select, home and start buttons at the bottom of the screen) it is on 8.1,
formatted the 4gb SD to fat32, the card came with the 3ds, it had mario bros on it

I've also tried a 1gb SD card formatted to fat32, still no joy

i am following the instructions carefully, extracted starter content to the root of sd card also put the 3.7.1 launcher.dat on the root
placed the gw folder in the 3ds folder

I've check my WiFi setting and they seem fine (a bit slow but working)

is the another way to do this?

fairie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to get Fire Emblem: Birthright working - it freezes at the 3DS logo - I have Gateway 3.7.1 (regular firmware is 4.3). Do I need to update my emunand firmward to get it to work?

Last edited by fairie,

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not really sure what to do as I'm not doing anything wrong. I followed every guide for downgrading from 10.1 to 9.2 to the letter and I've tried 40+ times but it STILL doesn't work. I've tried using FTPBrony for a "higher" success rate but even that doesn't work. I also tried using the default homebrew launcher instead of the Masher's homebrew launcher but that didn't work ether. I've also tried the normal sysUpdater, Julian's sysUpdater, and safesysUpdater and none of them worked. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Nothing is working for me.

Flipnfr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what to do as I'm not doing anything wrong. I followed every guide for downgrading from 10.1 to 9.2 to the letter and I've tried 40+ times but it STILL doesn't work. I've tried using FTPBrony for a "higher" success rate but even that doesn't work. I also tried using the default homebrew launcher instead of the Masher's homebrew launcher but that didn't work ether. I've also tried the normal sysUpdater, Julian's sysUpdater, and safesysUpdater and none of them worked. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Nothing is working for me.

Find a game with 10.3 and update. It seems being on 10.3 has the best chance.

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

safesysupdater should at least always get you to the point where you can chose to try or test out the update files, right? or does it not even get that far?

maybe tell us what you are doing step by step and where it stops for you.

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.