Mustaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What error are you getting?
this code on both 022-2634

The N3DSXL is bought in store and I did buy the 2DS form someone else. I looked it up and it says something like format everything again? BUt I'll lose all the installs etc?
The account on my N3DSXL is more important to me, cause that's mine.

TheToaster

Kishore
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update your sysnand to latest FW, you will no longer be able to use CFW as that requires <9.2

Yup, so that's what I thought. I guess it's a no-go to play bought games on this console then if they require latest sysnand FW.

You could use this to downgrade from 10.5/10/4:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-har...of-native_firm-from-10-4-10-5-to-10-2.412836/
It requires a hardmod, which I have a Tutorial for on my profile somewhere. It downgraded to 10.2, then from there you can dump your NAND and downgrade to 9.2 using sysUpdater

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the best way to ask this . . . every cia of smash i download seems to be missing a few chars. warrio, game and watch and a few others even with different versions from different scores. legit cia versions also have the same result
my psychical smash game obviously has all the chars. . . . so i wanted to make my own cia but . . . why is this happening and if i do create my own cia (i have no idea how btw) will that even help . . . ? . . . i mean i doubt every copy of smash on the net are incomplete

any help or advice will be appreciated

Last edited by wormdood,

Mustaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what is the best way to ask this . . . every cia of smash i download seems to be missing a few chars. warrio, game and watch and a few others even with different versions from different scores. legit cia versions also have the same result
my psychical smash game obviously has all the chars. . . . so i wanted to make my own cia but . . . why is this happening and if i do create my own cia (i have no idea how btw) will that even help . . . ? . . . i mean i doubt every copy of smash on the net are incomplete

any help or advice will be appreciated
I tought wario etc you need to unlock by playing some matches? http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/632937-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds/cheats

Reactions: wormdood
D

Deleted User

So if I buy a new 3ds xl off of Amazon, it's guaranteed to be on 10.3 or below, right? Have there been any known cases of any 3ds's coming with 10.4 or 10.5?

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, thanks for all the help guys, you're really the best.

And now another stupid question - how do I check which version of rxTools do I have? I'm using the one packed with emuNAND for the "literally retarded" guide.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
First of all, thanks for all the help guys, you're really the best.

And now another stupid question - how do I check which version of rxTools do I have? I'm using the one packed with emuNAND for the "literally retarded" guide.

I'm interested in that question too (sorry for click bait notification)

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
this code on both 022-2634

The N3DSXL is bought in store and I did buy the 2DS form someone else. I looked it up and it says something like format everything again? BUt I'll lose all the installs etc?
The account on my N3DSXL is more important to me, cause that's mine.

Hi

It's probably due to an error with NNID, for example if it's already used elsewhere.
You have 3 consoles. If you want to use eshop on the 3 consoles, you'll need 1 different NNID for each. keep in mind that it's impossible to have same games on all your console unless you bought them on each console.

About your N3DSXL, you might tried to link your current NNID. according to this post : http://en-americas-support.nintendo...~/how-to-link-an-existing-nintendo-network-id
The only way to use a NNID id on another console is to perform a data transfert (through 3DS settings menu)
(maybe you trie this on the 2DS too ?)

Anyway, your only solution is to have 1 different NNID on each console.

1 - Chose which console you want it to use your NNID.
2 - Perform a data transfert if Needed (this needs both consoles to be up to date, carefull with that if you want to hax)
3 - create and link 2 other NNID to your 2 consoles left. This might needs to format the 3DS.

A day, someone would have to teach to Nindendo the real meaning off 'cloud'.

Last edited by koyuki38,

L'Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again, quick question regarding updating games; when exactly should I turn on the Wi-Fi connection to avoid any accidental sysNAND updates?

I assume I should only turn it on once I've entered Gateway mode?

Thanks.

Kvoth

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I'm looking into buying an nintendo 2ds and I found one running official software 6.0.0 12E but I want to make sure that I can install cfw and it can run 3ds games from internet without much problem before I buy it.
So, is it possible?
if so which cfw is best for that console and what are the things I need to know before?
like are there any problems with running games? what sort of problems?
Thanks in advance and sorry if some questions are stupid :P

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello again, quick question regarding updating games; when exactly should I turn on the Wi-Fi connection to avoid any accidental sysNAND updates?

Thanks.

To avoid sysnand update, you have to never turn on wifi on sysnand.
Anyway, if you do, you will be prompted for update some time, probably 1 time/boot on average.
If you click yes, i'm pretty sure that it leads to system settings that again asks to confirm the update. (could someone can confirm that ?).

When on emunand, you can have your wifi turned On with no problem.

Last edited by koyuki38,
Reactions: L'Seraphic

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks.
If you are booting straight into Gateway mode after turning the 3DS on, I wouldn't worry about the wi-fi. The 3DS will only automatically download updates if it's put into sleep mode while connected to the internet.

Hey guys I'm looking into buying an nintendo 2ds and I found one running official software 6.0.0 12E but I want to make sure that I can install cfw and it can run 3ds games from internet without much problem before I buy it.
So, is it possible?
if so which cfw is best for that console and what are the things I need to know before?
like are there any problems with running games? what sort of problems?
Thanks in advance and sorry if some questions are stupid :P
Yes, it is possible.

I'd go with rxTools. You should know the basic terms of 3DS modding (NAND, emuNAND, sysNAND, cia, etc...) before setting up CFW.

There shouldn't be any problems with running games.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Noob Question:
So I've decided to buy the 20th pokemon anniversary 2DS, once I have it what do I (and don't do) to be able to play with home-brew, .CIA, etc.
Any tutorials that explain it from scratch?
Thanks.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Noob Question:
So I've decided to buy the 20th pokemon anniversary 2DS, once I have it what do I (and don't do) to be able to play with home-brew, .CIA, etc.
Any tutorials that explain it from scratch?
Thanks.

For now, never update past 9.2 or 10.3 system version

Hax doesn't work past 9.6 or 9.9 (i don't remember, but stay in 9.2, it's better, no joke)

9.2 is used to run all the hacks, 10.3 is the last systeme version that can be downgraded.

Keep 9.2 if it's already installed, if not, you will have to update to 10.3 (DO NOT USE UPDATE IN PARAMETERS since it update until 10.5 today) and then downgrade to 9.2.

1st, let us know which version is used by the 2DS you want to buy

Edit : if you know what a CIA are, you might have already seen some tutorials or something :D

Last edited by koyuki38,

L'Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the clarification.

On a similar note, I've been reading about .cia files, and from my understanding, they can be "game patches". Given that I obtain the .cia for a particular game, is it possible to run this game.cia in emuNAND, port my existing .sav file and run it?

In brief, has this .cia file type superseded the .3ds format?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a way to play ds games/homebrew on a softmoded 3ds without a flashcart
Not currently. There are some devs working on that though.

Thanks for the clarification.

On a similar note, I've been reading about .cia files, and from my understanding, they can be "game patches". Given that I obtain the .cia for a particular game, is it possible to run this game.cia in emuNAND, port my existing .sav file and run it?

In brief, has this .cia file type superseded the .3ds format?
Yes, you can use SaveDataFiler to transfer your save to the cia version.

Cias have become the more common format now. They don't require a private header and can be installed on CFWs. 3DS roms require a private header and can only be used with a flashcart. Cias are just a bit more convenient overall.

Reactions: L'Seraphic

camochase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not currently. There are some devs working on that though.

Yes, you can use SaveDataFiler to transfer your save to the cia version.

Cias have become the more common format now. They don't require a private header and can be installed on CFWs. 3DS roms require a private header and can only be used with a flashcart. Cias are just a bit more convenient overall.
ok thanks i wasnt sure

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
is there a way to play ds games/homebrew on a softmoded 3ds without a flashcart

I'm not sure about what you call a softmoded 3DS.
If you mean no risk for bricking 3DS system, i think playing on emunand with a custom firmware is what ou are looking for.

But it needs few operations to perform this. Not that hard, but keep focus on tutorials.

EDIT : You are maybe talking about DS games and not 3DS games. I don't think it's possible yet without flash cart.

Last edited by koyuki38,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1