• Start date
  • Views 4,476,947
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm trying to move from a 32 GB card to a 128 GB one. After copying everything, emuNAND isn't seen by rxTools. So, do I have to create a new emuNAND? reuse my previous NAND.bin that I had backuped and install again everything from that point, or can I just create a new emuNAND and copy contents of the previous emuNAND to its new folder?

Right now I decided against that and I'm trying the method from https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/, but it's kind of time consuming, so I've been wondering if there's a simpler way? Especially since the new 128 GB card may not work afterwards, because I had to increase cluster size to 64K in order for my 3DS to see the card at all.

Or maybe there's a tool that would simply restore the old emuNAND to my new SD card?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm trying to move from a 32 GB card to a 128 GB one. After copying everything, emuNAND isn't seen by rxTools. So, do I have to create a new emuNAND? reuse my previous NAND.bin that I had backuped and install again everything from that point, or can I just create a new emuNAND and copy contents of the previous emuNAND to its new folder?

Right now I decided against that and I'm trying the method from https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/, but it's kind of time consuming, so I've been wondering if there's a simpler way? Especially since the new 128 GB card may not work afterwards, because I had to increase cluster size to 64K in order for my 3DS to see the card at all.

Or maybe there's a tool that would simply restore the old emuNAND to my new SD card?

You could have just backed up your Emunand.bin from your 32gb card, inject that onto your new card, then throw all the files from the old sd card to the new sd card.

Reactions: idn

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Does that backup games as well? If yes then I don't have enough space on the 32 GB one (I bought the 128 GB card because of this), so I'd have to remove everything before backuping.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does that backup games as well? If yes then I don't have enough space on the 32 GB one (I bought the 128 GB card because of this), so I'd have to remove everything before backuping.

No it backs up your Emunand partition, I think.

Trancz

Trophies
XP
Country
Umm, I have rather a delicate problem I want to share with you. :D

I recently bought a 2DS with RXTools and 9.2 firmware in it. Which is nice, I can play 3DS game without buying a flashcart all night long. But, um, my girlfriend (who is a video game editor) somehow got hands on review codes of new Fire Emblem game and gave me one to try it. So the question is:

Any possibility to play original games with RXtools/Emunand modified console? I tried to get through all the FAQs and tutorials and all gave me different information. If I understood correctly, I need to update my firmware, so I'm thinking about updating rxtools as well, but I'm kinda lost whether it supports newer versions or not. Don't really want to go too far and put my 32GB SD card full of .cia games to waste.

Any thoughts? Help is highly appreciated!

Last edited by Trancz,
Reactions: proflayton123

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm, I have rather a delicate problem I want to share with you. :D

I recently bought a 2DS with RXTools and 9.2 firmware in it. Which is nice, I can play 3DS game without buying a flashcart all night long. But, um, my girlfriend (who is a video game editor) somehow got hands on review codes of new Fire Emblem game and gave me one to try it. So the question is:

Any possibility to play original games with RXtools/Emunand modified console? I tried to get through all the FAQs and tutorials and all gave me different information. If I understood correctly, I need to update my firmware, so I'm thinking about updating rxtools as well, but I'm kinda lost whether it supports newer versions or not. Don't really want to go too far and put my 32GB SD card full of .cia games to waste.

Any thoughts? Help is highly appreciated!

Wait... Are you asking if you can play games in Emunand? Absolutely. Emunand is basically a clone of your Sysnand.

RxTools is a CFW, and boots into Emunand.

Trancz

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait... Are you asking if you can play games in Emunand? Absolutely. Emunand is basically a clone of your Sysnand.

RxTools is a CFW, and boots into Emunand.

Well, the thing is to redeem the Fire Emblem: Conquest code, I need to go into Nintendo eShop, but I cant get over the firmware update notification. Wouldn't it mess with my CFW if I update my system firmware?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Well, the thing is to redeem the Fire Emblem: Conquest code, I need to go into Nintendo eShop, but I cant get over the firmware update notification. Wouldn't it mess with my CFW if I update my system firmware?

If you update your sysnand to latest FW, you will no longer be able to use CFW as that requires <9.2

Reactions: Trancz

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Yup, so that's what I thought. I guess it's a no-go to play bought games on this console then if they require latest sysnand FW.

If you've installed said games from 'legit' cias you can re-install them in eShop on latests emunand FW e.g rxTools, and general stuff you've downloaded from the eShop id imagine it'd be able to re-downloaded onto it? If not, someone please correct me on that~

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
allright.

I know have emunand 10.5 and sysnand 9.2 on my 3DS, but something went wrong. I wasn't able to keep pokébank on the menu. Maybe i did something wrong, or this might not be possible :/

And i can't access eshop too, i get an error code 022-2634 when going to eshop or nnid parameter. I haven't found a solution yet.

nic0lette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
allright.

I know have emunand 10.5 and sysnand 9.2 on my 3DS, but something went wrong. I wasn't able to keep pokébank on the menu. Maybe i did something wrong, or this might not be possible :/

And i can't access eshop too, i get an error code 022-2634 when going to eshop or nnid parameter. I haven't found a solution yet.

I think that code means it's unable to connect to the Internet? Does the Internet browser work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@