• Views 4,462,596
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, super basic questions since y'alll were so nice about it last time. First, a bit of background:
  • I have a 3DS running 4.3.0 and a Gateway card.
  • I don't plan to play online at all
  • I want to use my blue card to play DS games
  • I haven't set up emuNAND yet but I have backed up my sysNAND
What's my best course of action to setting up the DS exploit? Does installing the exploit require an internet connection each time, like booting the Gateway Menu? Roughly how long does it take? What's required? Is there a how-to guide here (I've been searching but can't really find it). What are the benefits of an emuNAND if all I want to do is play offline games?

Basically I want to play my games offline, bot 3DS and plain old DS. What should I do? I also want to be able to play my old retail cartridges with my old save games (I have them backed up)
In the Gateway launcher download, there should be a folder called "Blue Card (R4i)" copy all of the files except chagelog.txt and readme.txt to the mSD you are going to use with the blue card. When you want to set up the DS profile exploit, just launch the GW_INSTALLER.nds file from the blue card and install it. After that, the exploit should work.

The exploit does not require an internet connection.
It shouldn't take more than a minute or two to set up the exploit.
EmuNAND will allow you to play newer games.

Every time you launch DS software (a DS game, a DS flashcart, etc...) you will need to reinstall the exploit with the GW_INSTALLER as the exploit is wiped.

Anyone knows how to change the 3DS region? Like make an USA 3ds act like a Japanese one?
I have some Japanese games that won't show up on my home menu even with reinand region free.
Looks like I was wrong about ReiNAND having region free support. The original release thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/realease-reinand-cfw.391663/) says it does, but after reading some of the posts, apparently it doesn't.

If you're using an O3DS, I would switch over to rxTools, since I know it supports region free.

If all else fails, there's a tutorial here on how to change your emuNAND's region: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/.

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is gateway even necessary to install and play cias anymore? If I were to make an emunand and install a cfw, would there be a limit to what cias would work?

kellyvieira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Every time you launch DS software (a DS game, a DS flashcart, etc...) you will need to reinstall the exploit with the GW_INSTALLER as the exploit is wiped.

Is just the exploit wiped or is the GW_INSTALLER wiped form the mSD too? ie. Is it just a simple method of reinstalling the exploit form the blue card after I am done playing my DS games so I can use the red card to play 3DS games offline, or would I have to put the mSD back onto my PC, transfer over the file, put it back in the blue card, then run the exploit installer again each time?

Oh, so EmuNAND lets me play 3DS roms and/or retail carts for games that require higher firmware versions? Is that right?

You're so amazing! Thanks for helping me out (again) and answering all my questions.

Handbag1992

Trophies
XP
Country
Heya, pretty new and finding it hard to comprehend all the info on the various flash cards.

Basically I'd like a card that allows me to play 3ds roms and ds roms. I also want my 3ds to still be able to play legitimate games and any downloaded games, basically the card comes out and it's back to being a normal 3ds. I have a 3ds xl (the one with the second joystick) and it's on firmware 9.6.0-24E.

Finally I'd like some reputable places to buy the cards, the last thing I want is another fake card (I had one for my DSI, took ages to get the thing to work).

I'm sorry if this has already been asked here, it's a 500 page thread and I'm not all that willing to scour it for answers.

iceaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi hi,
Two questions, currently using gateway on my sister's n3ds:
1. If I use the MSET exploit to downgrade the system settings, how do I set the settings back to 9.0?
2. Games such as fantasy life wants to connect online for DLC content, but it says that it wants a system update to download it. If I'm on 9.0, is there a way to spoof the firmware so I can update software without updating the sysNAND?
Thanks!

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is just the exploit wiped or is the GW_INSTALLER wiped form the mSD too? ie. Is it just a simple method of reinstalling the exploit form the blue card after I am done playing my DS games so I can use the red card to play 3DS games offline, or would I have to put the mSD back onto my PC, transfer over the file, put it back in the blue card, then run the exploit installer again each time?

Oh, so EmuNAND lets me play 3DS roms and/or retail carts for games that require higher firmware versions? Is that right?

You're so amazing! Thanks for helping me out (again) and answering all my questions.
Only the exploit is wiped; the GW_INSTALLER will remain on the mSD. Yep, just simply reinstall the exploit with the blue card after you're done playing your DS games and you're good to go!

Yes, with emuNAND you'll be able to play games that require a higher firmware version. It also lets you access the eShop to download patches and other things of that sort.

No problem! Glad I could help!

Heya, pretty new and finding it hard to comprehend all the info on the various flash cards.

Basically I'd like a card that allows me to play 3ds roms and ds roms. I also want my 3ds to still be able to play legitimate games and any downloaded games, basically the card comes out and it's back to being a normal 3ds. I have a 3ds xl (the one with the second joystick) and it's on firmware 9.6.0-24E.

Finally I'd like some reputable places to buy the cards, the last thing I want is another fake card (I had one for my DSI, took ages to get the thing to work).

I'm sorry if this has already been asked here, it's a 500 page thread and I'm not all that willing to scour it for answers.
There is no single card that supports both DS and 3DS roms. Since you're above 9.2 firmware, your only option for 3DS roms is a Sky3DS. Note that Nintendo recently added new anti-piracy checks in their newest games that stop the Sky3DS from running them so it's unlikely that you'll be able any new games coming out with it. There's a lot of options for DS flashcarts. If you're looking for one that supports emulators, etc... the DSTwo is the way to go. If you're just looking for a cheap cart to run DS roms, an R4i RTS should do the job (make sure it's one that supports the 3DS before you purchase it). Check the official retailer list on each flashcart's website to make sure you are buying from a reputable distributor.

Hi hi,
Two questions, currently using gateway on my sister's n3ds:
1. If I use the MSET exploit to downgrade the system settings, how do I set the settings back to 9.0?
2. Games such as fantasy life wants to connect online for DLC content, but it says that it wants a system update to download it. If I'm on 9.0, is there a way to spoof the firmware so I can update software without updating the sysNAND?
Thanks!
1. To restore the 9.0 system settings, you will need to download the 9.0 firmware cias and install the relevent MSET cia on sysNAND using DevMenu or FBI. The 9.0 firmware files can be found on "some iso site."
The MSET cia file for each region is as follows:
USA = 0004001000021000
EUR = 0004001000022000
JPN = 0004001000020000

2. Yes. Use Free Multi Patcher's eShop spoof option and you'll be able to access the eShop to download patches.

Reactions: iceaco

iceaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the exploit is wiped; the GW_INSTALLER will remain on the mSD. Yep, just simply reinstall the exploit with the blue card after you're done playing your DS games and you're good to go!\

1. To restore the 9.0 system settings, you will need to download the 9.0 firmware cias and install the relevent MSET cia on sysNAND using DevMenu or FBI. The 9.0 firmware files can be found on "some iso site."
The MSET cia file for each region is as follows:
USA = 0004001000021000
EUR = 0004001000022000
JPN = 0004001000020000

2. Yes. Use Free Multi Patcher's eShop spoof option and you'll be able to access the eShop to download patches.
Great! Thanks!

kellyvieira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I successfully installed the DS exploit, have it all running perfectly. Thanks!

Now, how do I get emulators on here? I've read up on Tubehax and Ninjahax. Looking at this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-custom-themes-all-in-one-noobs-guide.395652/) I can't use the Youtube exploit on my current version, unless that means an emunand on 9.3 - 9.9? My old 3DS is on 4.3.

Looking at this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/video-written-how-to-install-ninjhax-2-0.393100/), my firmware is in the right range, but I don't have the game. It says that I can use a flashcart with the game - does that mean I can download a rom of Cubic Ninja onto my Gateway card and it'll work?

Basically, I want to play GB / GBC / GBA games on my 3DS. What's the best way to go about doing that?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I successfully installed the DS exploit, have it all running perfectly. Thanks!

Now, how do I get emulators on here? I've read up on Tubehax and Ninjahax. Looking at this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-custom-themes-all-in-one-noobs-guide.395652/) I can't use the Youtube exploit on my current version, unless that means an emunand on 9.3 - 9.9? My old 3DS is on 4.3.

Looking at this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/video-written-how-to-install-ninjhax-2-0.393100/), my firmware is in the right range, but I don't have the game. It says that I can use a flashcart with the game - does that mean I can download a rom of Cubic Ninja onto my Gateway card and it'll work?

Basically, I want to play GB / GBC / GBA games on my 3DS. What's the best way to go about doing that?
With Gateway you can install a cia of Cubic Ninja on emuNAND and launch Ninjhax through that. I don't believe a rom on the GW cart will work (though I haven't tried it personally). When installing Ninjhax on the cia, enter your emuNAND's firmware version to generate the QR code, not sysNAND's. GameYob will work for emulating GB and GBC games. For GBA games, you can use CirtAGB.

Is it possible to have 2 different Nintendo Network ID in one 3DS system, one in sysNAND and one in emuNAND?
Unfortunately, it is not possible. EmuNAND and sysNAND still share a console id even if they are unlinked. Nintendo ties your NNID to this console id, which disallows you from linking a second NNID to the console.

Afterglow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, it is not possible. EmuNAND and sysNAND still share a console id even if they are unlinked. Nintendo ties your NNID to this console id, which disallows you from linking a second NNID to the console.

Thanks. If I back up my SDcard content, delete current NNID to add a new one, can I still keep my saves and eshop games on the emuNAND under the new NNID without them getting deleted due to invalid signature when accessing the eshop? Is it even possible to do that since deleting NNID requires Sdcard format?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks. If I back up my SDcard content, delete current NNID to add a new one, can I still keep my saves and eshop games on the emuNAND under the new NNID without them getting deleted due to invalid signature when accessing the eshop? Is it even possible to do that since deleting NNID requires Sdcard format?
I think deleting the NNID would cause some issues; I'm fairly certain that your eShop games will be deleted as well. If you want to delete the old NNID and replace it with another one I would backup all of your saves with SaveDataFiler first, and download cias for all of the games. That way, you can reinstall the games on emuNAND and then use SaveDataFiler to inject all of your saves after you create the new NNID.

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have an old 3DS Ambassador 6.2.012E (9.9 emunand) and a 3DS XL 9.9. I just installed Emunand to transfer the ambassador games from the old 3DS to the New one and keep the old exploitable. So, Emunand -> Sysnand and everything worked well. Booted back to Emunand after the transfer and all of the ambassador games were still there. I was wondering, if I redo the Emunand -> Sysnand transfer, but I install .cias on the Emunand, will they be transferred? Since the old 3DS games weren't tied to any nnid and now they are, what would happen if I transferred them again?

AkiC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is pokemon a card one or two game? And do you have a converter to convert it to the other? Pls help!
(sorry if this is in the wrong post)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. Well, my copy of Cubic Ninja showed up in the mail, so I have a few questions. First, what seems to be the standard set of tools for a hacked N3DS and what is the purpose of said tools? Second, what custom firmwares are widely accepted as usable on a N3DS and what are their basic pros and cons? Lastly, is it a good idea to get a NAND hardmod for the purposes of flashing in case it all goes tits-up?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is pokemon a card one or two game? And do you have a converter to convert it to the other? Pls help!
(sorry if this is in the wrong post)
The Pokemon games are card two games. Here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/128-and-256-mb-games-with-nand-based-save.368001/page-2#post-5035393 is a tool that can convert card one games to card two games, I'm not sure if it can do the opposite.

there any site that are trustable to order sky3ds ?
even sorry if i asked in wrong place
:3
Check the resellers section of the Sky3DS website.

Hey everyone. Well, my copy of Cubic Ninja showed up in the mail, so I have a few questions. First, what seems to be the standard set of tools for a hacked N3DS and what is the purpose of said tools? Second, what custom firmwares are widely accepted as usable on a N3DS and what are their basic pros and cons? Lastly, is it a good idea to get a NAND hardmod for the purposes of flashing in case it all goes tits-up?
I always have either DevMenu or BigBlueMenu and SaveDataFiler on my N3DS. DevMenu and BigBlueMenu let you install cias and SaveDataFiler lets you extract save data from your games. If you want to go online, download patches and use the eShop you'll want Free Multi Patcher; it spoofs your N3DS's firmware to allow you back on the eShop. If you plan on converting roms to cias you'll also want Decrypt9 to generate the xorpads.

ReiNAND is the best N3DS CFW currently. ReiNAND has emuNAND support and has the signature patches. It does not support region free or agb_firm (GBA) yet.

The hardmod is up to you; personally I don't have one installed, but if you want to be prepared in case something goes wrong, you can get one.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night