• Start date
  • Views 4,526,843
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't actually used FBI to install the MSET .cia before. I believe NAND should be the correct option, but I could be wrong.
FBI wouldn't let me install it, I'm now trying to install BBM into my sysNAND but I'm getting the MODULE_NN_AM error.

Basically, I've run Ninjhax, booted Pasta, rerun Ninjhax and opened FBI (from Homebrew launcher), highlighted the BBM.cia but it's not letting me install it?!

Also getting the "database doesn't exist" error in FBI. Just to be clear, my sysNAND is clean (formatted) on 9.0 and my emuNAND is on 9.5 - I'm assuming the db files on the SD card should be left alone (they're around 3MB each)?

Last edited by riggs,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FBI wouldn't let me install it, I'm now trying to install BBM into my sysNAND but I'm getting the MODULE_NN_AM error.

Basically, I've run Ninjhax, booted Pasta, rerun Ninjhax and opened FBI (from Homebrew launcher), highlighted the BBM.cia but it's not letting me install it?!

Also getting the "database doesn't exist" error in FBI. Just to be clear, my sysNAND is clean (formatted) on 9.0 and my emuNAND is on 9.5 - I'm assuming the db files on the SD card should be left alone (they're around 3MB each)?
From what I've found after searching, the MODULE_NN_AM error is caused by attempting to install .cias to the wrong place. If you're trying to install it to NAND, do SD instead or vice-versa.

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
From what I've found after searching, the MODULE_NN_AM error is caused by attempting to install .cias to the wrong place. If you're trying to install it to NAND, do SD instead or vice-versa.
I just made a brand new thread about this, only to immediately figure out what was wrong *facepalm*

Because I'd unlinked my NANDs and my sysNAND was "fresh", there were no title.db/import.db files in the specific HEX folder on the SD card. It's all sorted now, I've got BBM installed and am about to try installing the MSET cia. Thanks for the help buddy.

[edit] "This cia is invalid" when trying to install the mset via BBM?

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is my setup:
O3DS, 9.2 SysNAND, 9.9 EmuNAND, Gateway launcher 3.3, rxTools 2.6, both booting with browser exploit, SysNAND and EmuNAND are unlinked

If I want to play DSi games, can I do it like this?

1.) Boot SysNAND in Gateway mode
2.) Use BigBlueMenu title manager or DevMenu from my Gateway card to install the DSi game (.cia) on SysNAND
3.) Install the same game on EmuNAND
4.) Use rxMode EmuNAND to play it

Will it work that way? Can I really just install pirated DSiware on SysNAND?

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
I still can't get this to work. These are the exact steps I'm following;

Turn on 3DS
Launch Cubic Ninja (hold L+R+X+Y at title screen to remove save data)
Scan GW QR code
Install NVRAM
Turn off 3DS/turn on 3DS (can't find an option within the GW menu to simply reboot into sysNAND*)
Launch Cubic Ninja (again, wipe save data)
Scan Ninjhax QR code
Launch Pasta
Launch BBM
Import MSET cia (resulting in the error "Import failed. File mset_eur.cia. This via is invalid. (0xD8E08027)")

* could it be this step that's messing it up? Does NVRAM install survive a system reboot?

Just out of interest (and for possible preparation to get my R4 card working) I tried to install the bluecardfix.cia and got the same error message...

[edit] Managed to install the mset_eur.cia using FBI (via Homebrew launcher). Switched the destination to NAND, hit ok and it prompted whether to overwrite, hit yes. Now if I select DS Profile from within system settings it launches the Gateway menu. I'm guessing now all I need to do is put the ReiNAND mset on a DS cart and install it. Will report back tomorrow (when I get my R4) with whether or not it worked.

Last edited by riggs,
Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my setup:
O3DS, 9.2 SysNAND, 9.9 EmuNAND, Gateway launcher 3.3, rxTools 2.6, both booting with browser exploit, SysNAND and EmuNAND are unlinked

If I want to play DSi games, can I do it like this?

1.) Boot SysNAND in Gateway mode
2.) Use BigBlueMenu title manager or DevMenu from my Gateway card to install the DSi game (.cia) on SysNAND
3.) Install the same game on EmuNAND
4.) Use rxMode EmuNAND to play it

Will it work that way? Can I really just install pirated DSiware on SysNAND?
I haven't tried it myself, but that sounds right. I'd test it, but I'm down a 3DS at the moment.

Reactions: bjaxx87

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still can't get this to work. These are the exact steps I'm following;

Turn on 3DS
Launch Cubic Ninja (hold L+R+X+Y at title screen to remove save data)
Scan GW QR code
Install NVRAM
Turn off 3DS/turn on 3DS (can't find an option within the GW menu to simply reboot into sysNAND*)
Launch Cubic Ninja (again, wipe save data)
Scan Ninjhax QR code
Launch Pasta
Launch BBM
Import MSET cia (resulting in the error "Import failed. File mset_eur.cia. This via is invalid. (0xD8E08027)")

* could it be this step that's messing it up? Does NVRAM install survive a system reboot?

Just out of interest (and for possible preparation to get my R4 card working) I tried to install the bluecardfix.cia and got the same error message...

[edit] Managed to install the mset_eur.cia using FBI (via Homebrew launcher). Switched the destination to NAND, hit ok and it prompted whether to overwrite, hit yes. Now if I select DS Profile from within system settings it launches the Gateway menu. I'm guessing now all I need to do is put the ReiNAND mset on a DS cart and install it. Will report back tomorrow (when I get my R4) with whether or not it worked.
Good to see that you got it installed!

Reactions: riggs

Rafael_ZW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There any cia that i can transfer files over wifi on new 3ds? I dont want use the native option cause i have to reboot the gateway mode always that i send a file ;/

Rpy360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These are the instructions from the Gateway website to install the MSET exploit on the N3DS (note that you must boot into Gateway mode in sysNAND, not emuNAND):
1) Copy the Gateway 3DS ULTRA Launcher.dat to your New 3DS microSD card
2) Copy mset_<region>.cia to your New 3DS microSD card (where <region> is your console's region)
3) Copy “DevMenu.3ds” to your Gateway 3DS microSD card.
4) Boot into the Gateway menu with your preferred entrypoint (Zelda or Cubic Ninja)
5) Select the new “NVRAM INSTALL” option from the menu, proceed with installation.
6) Once installed, boot into Gateway mode and launch DevMenu.3ds from the multirom menu (press SELECT)
7) Start DevMenu and import mset_<region>.cia from your SD card.
8) Reboot console and verify you can now boot into Gateway mode with the classic System Settings DS Profile method. (Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile)
9) Enjoy! No more cartridge swapping required to use Gateway 3DS on New 3DS!

Pasta CFW and ReiNAND CFW both support the N3DS now. ReiNAND was just updated to provide support for the N3DS and has emuNAND support; however, it still requires Cubic Ninja to boot.

ReiNAND has emuNAND and region free, so it's starting to look pretty good. Gateway also supports region free, so if you have a Gateway, you can go that way too.

Yes, Gateway supports exFAT and the 3DS supports FAT32, so a 32GB internal SD and 128GB Gateway SD should work. I have not tried using a 64GB SD with my 3DS, so I'm not sure if that would work..

With EmuNAND or sysNAND?

The instructions on the gateway website say to use sysNAND, so I'm going to assume you mean sysNAND too.

Whenever I press SELECT after booting into sysNAND I get 'filesystem error'. (I've tried both exfat and fat32, and two different microSD cards)

When I boot into gateway mode normally (no NVRAM install, no holding 'B'), pressing SELECT works as it should

Background: Both emuNAND and sysNAND are on untouched 9.0.0-20E. I've just been following the gateway guide so far. (Ignoring the Restoring NAND and updating emuNAND part)

Last edited by Rpy360,

Jakic007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi, I have N3DS XL 9.9 E and Sky3DS blue button. What are my possibilities for CFw or something like that? Ninjhax, Ironhax... Since I can't use GW what can I?

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have N3DS XL 9.9 E and Sky3DS blue button. What are my possibilities for CFw or something like that? Ninjhax, Ironhax... Since I can't use GW what can I?
You'll be able to run homebrew via Ninjhax 2.0 and soon Ironhax, but that's about it.

Reactions: Jakic007

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what can I do with Ninjhax 2.0 or Ironhax?
Two things really: Run homebrew such as Portal3DS and play out-of-region carts with the built in RegionFour. So, you could run a Japanese cart of Smash Bros. or something on a US 3DS for example.

Edit: Ninjarekt :ph34r:

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend just gave me his o3DS on 8.1.0-16, I have cubic ninja already for NH2.0 on my N3DS. Where should I go from here? I hear Pasta is the way to go.
rxTools is pretty fantastic and is in the process of integrating Pasta in version 3.0. You can also install NTR 3.0 later on if you want, it can run inside a cfw.

rogbanquet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to run homebrew that was developed for the DS on my 3DS. From looking around I've come to understand it's possible if it is done through a flash card, but right now it's not possible to do it under ninjax hax alone or the upcoming ironhax. Am I correct, and can I expect that some sort of compatibility mode to be developed to run DS homebrew on the 3DS? I'm interested in this piece of software atm http://gamebrew.org/wiki/DS_Visual_Novel_Reader.

Spong92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just installed fbi.cia through ninjhax and the fbi.3dsx file. When I went back to Pasta cfw and unwrapped the file the 3ds showed a message saying "Restoring backup data...Do not turn off or remove the sd card" and after a moment then said "The save data could not be restored from the backup."

The CIA file seems to work fine but I was wondering, is this normal and is it anything to worry about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP