• Views 4,420,231
  • Replies 53,760
  • Likes 43

Pippone90

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hy guys, i need help. I upgrade my emunand!:cry::cry: I have cubic ninja and now damned! the last firm. Any tricks?
Before firm. 4.2 now the last...firm.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Hey all, I just got a gateway to use with my 9.0 n3ds. Now I want to backup my installed CIA games and saves on my SD. How can I do it?
Just copy all files and then after creating gw emunand I'd just put it back on the n3ds? Thanks

Hey everyone, sorry for the long post.

First off just wanted to say thanks for all of the amazing guides/help that is on this forum, it was so helpful in choosing my 3DS+flashcart, and how to install – really appreciated!

I have a New Nintendo 3ds XL running firmware 9.0.0-20E. I bought a Gateway and followed their installation manual using Gateway Ultra v3.3.

I may have acquired a few downloads, but am stuck as what to do with them now. Most of them are 30 identical files of "ctr-ek2a" and then there are a few .r30, r.31, etc. files, and a .sfv file.

I'm not really sure what to do next - how do I get the .3ds or .3dz files that I need to put onto my gateway? I haven't been able to find a "what next" tutorial for how you actually get games ready and onto the gateway cartridge. Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks again for all your help :)
Tom

just open the .rar one or.7z or .zip and extract the .3ds file to your pc and then send it to your micro sd. download 7zip if you don't have it already

Last edited by joex11,

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay I've decided I'm going to buy a 3ds XL, and I've been doing some reading so hopefully all I need is someone to confirm I got this right:

If I wanted to run 3ds roms on my handheld then...

New 3DS @ 9.2 sysNAND = Pasta CFW (Cubic Ninja required)

Old 3DS @ 9.2 sysNAND = RxTools through browser exploit (NOTHING else required)

If I find an old 3DS for sale at a local store, and the firmware is 9.2, am I safe to buy it knowing I can just install RxTools without having to make any additional purchases? Is the browser exploit present in every Old 3DS up to 9.2?

Thanks in advance, you guys are very helpful.

Foxmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good evening guys, thank you for the amazing guides you have here, I wouldnt imagine I would ever buy a 3ds if it was not for it.

So I have a 3DS in 8.1 and managed to install rxtools and separate the NANDs, the only problem was I couldn't update the emunand at the time an error ocurred during the system update... So I went ahead and did the FBI inject, and installed some .cia, played it. Now I want to update the emunand to play newer games but I am worried if I can do the system update in emuNAND after doing the FBI thing, am I fine? Or should I do something before?

Speartailor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I'm running CIA backup installs, do I need to inject headers or is my online play safe?

Are there any SD or microSD cards that I should NOT be using? Certain brands I SHOULD be using?

I'm getting nothing but errors on my third install of FBI. My first install on an 8gb card was a great success. I tried to transfer my emunand over to another card and CIAS failed to install, so, I tried completely fresh, new sysnand (Formatted) and new emuNAND and FBI installed, then, I tried deleting FBI to install it again and now nothing is installing. All of my CIAs in FBI are immediately bringing up an error-code like this:

Install failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xc8e08001
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Status (0x19)
Summary: Invalid Argument 0x7)
Description: Unknown Description (0x1)

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm running CIA backup installs, do I need to inject headers or is my online play safe?

Are there any SD or microSD cards that I should NOT be using? Certain brands I SHOULD be using?

I'm getting nothing but errors on my third install of FBI. My first install on an 8gb card was a great success. I tried to transfer my emunand over to another card and CIAS failed to install, so, I tried completely fresh, new sysnand (Formatted) and new emuNAND and FBI installed, then, I tried deleting FBI to install it again and now nothing is installing. All of my CIAs in FBI are immediately bringing up an error-code like this:

Install failed!
Could not install app.
If I recall correctly, CIAs don't have a header at all and online play should be fine. I'm no expert however, so I'd look for confirmation from someone more experienced on that. As for sd cards, Sandisk cards tend to be very high quality. Generally you should avoid brands that sound unfamiliar. I'm pretty sure that Kingston cards are also good.

Speartailor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I recall correctly, CIAs don't have a header at all and online play should be fine. I'm no expert however, so I'd look for confirmation from someone more experienced on that. As for sd cards, Sandisk cards tend to be very high quality. Generally you should avoid brands that sound unfamiliar. I'm pretty sure that Kingston cards are also good.

Is using micro-sd a problem? Should I be sticking with regular SD?

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is using micro-sd a problem? Should I be sticking with regular SD?
It should be fine. It does add another possibility of failure, as the micro-sd to sd card adapter could theoretically be damaged, but I'd imagine that the difference in risk is minimal.

Virgil_Is_King

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Install failed!
Could not install app.

Answer 1 Cia ar kinda safe as I said before no headdr is never preferred

2 as long as the 3ds can read it than it dose not matter much just go for a higher speed if ur using cias a lot

3 I'd try wiping everything and starting over

Speartailor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3 I'd try wiping everything and starting over

What do you mean by "Wiping everything?" I've tried a complete format of my sysNAND+emuNAND and have had the same results. At this point, I figure the no-name microSD I'm using is causing writing issues. However, it was able to install a small CIA on my last effort.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, if you are using a no-name microSD card, then I would definitely recommend trying a different one. Low quality cards can cause some really weird effects.

Speartailor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surely this is a dumb question, but, just to be sure. If I've injected an emuNAND onto an SD card, does this mean that the emuNAND and sysNAND are still linked?

EDIT: Scratch that. I saved my entire SD over to my computer after unlinking them and then dragged it all back, meaning both NANDs are in their respective folders.

Right?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Install failed!
Could not install app.
.cias are safe to use online and do not use cart headers at all, rather they use the console's header.

SanDisk and Kingston are the preferred brands, though if another brand is working well for you, stick with it. The higher the class of SD you use, the faster load times you should see.

How do you have FBI installed? Health and Safety injection? If so, verify that you are using the correct version for your console (v0, v1026 or v2051). You can check which version to install by selecting the rxTools menu option to inject FBI to emuNAND without having the injection files on the root of your SD. If you can get FBI to install things, try installing BigBlueMenu or DevMenu and see if one of those work better for you afterwards.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have a legit (as in nothing 'unauthorized' added) old 3DS on 9.9.0-26U, and the only kind of hack I ever used previous was the browser exploit to dump/inject RAM in Pokémon X (before playing Alpha Sapphire, but I have that one now too), since that was 100% safe to the system itself as long as I didn't do anything stupid regarding the save data on the cart afterward.

With Ironhax here or on the way, I'm wondering if there's any way to possibly downgrade just the internet browser to the 9.5.0-22U version, restoring the exploit, and not leave any trace of homebrew/'hacking' software on the system afterward.

If this is possible, how would I do it? And more importantly, how foolproof is the method? Last thing I'd want to do is brick this thing, 'cause it was received as a gift, and replacing it is an expense I'd rather not deal with.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks. That's the only flaw I really cared about using, but the Shuffle freeloaders ruined it for everyone.

If, somehow, there does end up being a method to do such a thing, maybe someone could be kind enough to shoot a PM my way and let me know?

Virgil_Is_King

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks. That's the only flaw I really cared about using, but the Shuffle freeloaders ruined it for everyone.

If, somehow, there does end up being a method to do such a thing, maybe someone could be kind enough to shoot a PM my way and let me know?
Highly unlikely but I won't be skeptical about anything after the nintendont hack I'm done doubting the power of the modding community
P.S that means sure

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for that and the other info. If my ds menus aren't mirrored, that means my sys and emu NANDs are unlinked, yes?
Yes, usually the system menus will look the same if the NANDs are linked. An easy way to be sure that they're unlinked is to create an internet connection in emuNAND (doesn't have to be a real connection, just something to take up one of the slots). Go into sysNAND and the connection should also be there. Delete the connection from sysNAND and boot back into emuNAND. If the connection is still there, you've unlinked your NANDs.

Speartailor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, usually the system menus will look the same if the NANDs are linked. An easy way to be sure that they're unlinked is to create an internet connection in emuNAND (doesn't have to be a real connection, just something to take up one of the slots). Go into sysNAND and the connection should also be there. Delete the connection from sysNAND and boot back into emuNAND. If the connection is still there, you've unlinked your NANDs.

Cool, thanks! I'm starting to think that the SD card I bought is causing problems for CIA installs. I'll be sure to post my findings when I've got it all figured out.

All the assistance is really appreciated.

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released