• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Merritt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I forgot to mention no eshop (see below). What happens is you put emunand into sleep mode with wifi on. You downloaded the update and it will nag you once a day to update. You have a new system with nothing really installed on it correct? If so, in emunand go to system settings and format emunand,Mathis will wipe the update. You will need to run through the initial setup again, nickname, age, region etc.

Yes this means no streetpass. If that is a problem for you then just realize you are going to have that update nag in emunand (I do) and to be careful who you let touch the thing. (99% of the time they will say yes). Also make sure you keep backups of your emunand/mSD card so if it does get updated you can reinstall your backup. In practicality few are able to remember to turn off wifi before shutting the lid and it doesn't take long for Nintendo to push the update to you. It was a bit easier with the o3ds and the wifi switch.

If you get the update nag in sysnand you can format it (without mSD card slotted) or there is a button combo that will take you to recovery mode and you can fix it there. (See tutorials section).
Regarding eshop. You have two options. 1. Get everything you need from the "other" site and install it as cia. (How I have been doing it). 2. There is a new fw spoof method that will get you in eshop. [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

Ah well, I think I will just deal with the nag message. I really want to be able to do street pass, I thought it sounded really cool when I heard about it. I also think I will be fine playing local multiplayer for something like Mario Kart, if I ever meet someone with a 3DS - I can live without the online multiplayer.

Here's hoping someone will figure out a flawless CFW, with no worries about accidental updates and perfect online play. haha ;)

Thanks again very much for your help - you are awesome! :D

flouri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to import the mset_eur.cia I am using BigBlueMenu, and when trying to import I am getting an error:

Import failed, this cia is invalid (0xd8e08027)

My 3DS is definitely a European one. What could be going wrong?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm trying to import the mset_eur.cia I am using BigBlueMenu, and when trying to import I am getting an error:

Import failed, this cia is invalid (0xd8e08027)

My 3DS is definitely a European one. What could be going wrong?
I think I've read somewhere that you need to use DevMenu, not BBB
How do you update to emuNAND 9.7 for Gateway on the original 3DS? Just swap out the launcher.dat on the SD card and that's it?
yes
boot to emunand, update from settings or use cia from 3dnus (make sure it's in emunand)

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I go browse eShop and play online games as normal on the latest emuNAND? Anything I have to be careful of?

If you're on the old 3ds, yes.

Do not update your firmware if prompted by eshop - instead go to settings, check that it says GW- before the version, and do an update without exiting settings.

Reactions: cvskid

young24601

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping you guys can help me.. I have a 3dsXL that has my ambassador games on 9.2. It does not have GW installed. I have a n3DSXL on 9.4, also without gateway.. My wish is to make my n3DSXL have my ambassador games and for my 3dsXL become my "GW" console.
Am I correct that I can do the following to transfer my NNID from my old 3dsXL to my n3DSXL (I really don't want to mess up my ambassador/gba games):

1) Install gateway on my old 3dsxl, and set up emunand 9.7. (backup sysnand and copy to computer. backup dcim folder in sd card, format emunand, move dcim folder back in. boot in gateway mode and do system update). Emunand now at 9.7.
2) Update my n3DSXL from 9.4 to 9.7.
3) Do a system transfer and my n3ds will have all my ambassador stuff. old 3dsxl should no longer have ambassador stuff.
3a) Play all retail carts only on my n3ds.
3b) Use my gateway on my old 3dsXL.
Any gotchas I am forgetting? I don't need a second sd card, right?
Thanks....!!

Kayleen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My 3ds version in 9.2 and i have to run gateway through the internet. Once im in gateway and go to settings, it doesnt show me the gateway version but my normal 3ds system version '9.2'. why is that and how can i fix it? Also how do i update new updates that gateway give out? do i use the blue card? or do i update through the internet? Please someone help me !! Thank you

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.. I Have buy a new 3ds and i haved already a old 3ds and i want to ask this: can i transfer the old 3ds emunand to the new 3ds ?
Yes it is possible to do an emunand to emunand transfer but there are limitations.

Start here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/unread

My 3ds version in 9.2 and i have to run gateway through the internet. Once im in gateway and go to settings, it doesnt show me the gateway version but my normal 3ds system version '9.2'. why is that and how can i fix it? Also how do i update new updates that gateway give out? do i use the blue card? or do i update through the internet? Please someone help me !! Thank you
A lot of us had that problem when 3.0 came out.m what size is you mSD? If it is 32G or larger that might be the problem but there is a fix. First update to the latest GW launcher by replacing the old one on the mSD, that is all there is to it. See if that fixes the problem. If not there is A guide in the sticky section on moving emunand from one card to another.

3dsnoobz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find a Japanese Cubic Ninja ROM and flash it to your Sky3DS using the diskflasher and then install NTR.
Okay...I installed NTR and booted it up and got the blue screen. I then pressed the blue button on the Sky3DS to switch to Majora Mask but the icon shows up in Japanese instead of English (which the rom is). but i pressed A anyway to start...looks like the game is loading for a bit but then a menu pops up with only one option of pressing A and it takes me back to the menu and Majora Mask icon is gone. what am i doing wrong?

Kayleen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My 3ds is the old ds, and my micro SD card in the red card is 16gb, and 8gb on the side slot. So how can I update the emuNAND when it doesn't show me the gateway version. I want to enter eshop and update games! I know that on 3ds version 4.2 and below can update easily with their blue card. But is it the same with someone who has a 3ds 9.2 who has to go through the browser to start GW? You're previous answers weren't actually telling me anything of what how I update my EmuNAND using a 9.2 ds. I'm really sorry but I'm just really bad at these technical stuff. I'm just so paranoid that I will somehow brick my ds

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds is the old ds, and my micro SD card in the red card is 16gb, and 8gb on the side slot. So how can I update the emuNAND when it doesn't show me the gateway version. I want to enter eshop and update games! I know that on 3ds version 4.2 and below can update easily with their blue card. But is it the same with someone who has a 3ds 9.2 who has to go through the browser to start GW? You're previous answers weren't actually telling me anything of what how I update my EmuNAND using a 9.2 ds. I'm really sorry but I'm just really bad at these technical stuff. I'm just so paranoid that I will somehow brick my ds
Let's walk through this. First we need to make sure you are in emunand and want version you are on. Gomtomsystem settings look at the bottom right corner of the top screen. What does it say? GW 9.5.0-20E or something like that? The GW is front is critical. Remember once you exit system settings you are booted back to sysnand.

The next step is to copy the GW launcher.dat ver3.2 to the SD card in the side slot replacing the existing one.

Let me know the results and I will check back here in the morning.

Kayleen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's walk through this. First we need to make sure you are in emunand and want version you are on. Gomtomsystem settings look at the bottom right corner of the top screen. What does it say? GW 9.5.0-20E or something like that? The GW is front is critical.
That's the problem when I go to gateway and go into the settings I don't see GW it's the ds version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ