• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but I dont get this. "Booting emuNAND" and "boot up in GW mode" is the same according to my understanding. Therefore when booting in GW mode I am supposed to hold the up-arrow key during the boot process in order to spoof the firmware?
Is this assumption correct?

Booting emunand and gateway mode are the same thing (assuming you created emunand). Your assumption is correct

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on using this guide when my gateway comes in, but now that I think about it I don't see where to create emunand either...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-need-a-step-by-step-for-gateway-for-n3ds.384745/
It is there. Step 5d.

Correct me if I'm wrong: Setting up an emuNAND today would fail due to non-compatibility between GW and Nintendos current distributed FW, correct?
Edit: The only way would be to format emuNAND, boot GW mode to be in GW3D FW mode and update FW with a retail game to i.e. 7.1, right?

Formatting emunand from the gateway menu creates a copy of sysnand at whatever version your sysnand is at. From there you can update it using a rom or Updatecdn or the other tool 3dnus or something like that.

Yes update ing through system settings would give you 9.6 and then not work, unless you were on an old 3ds and using Rxtools.

SlRlUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is there. Step 5d.

Formatting emunand from the gateway menu creates a copy of sysnand at whatever version your sysnand is at. From there you can update it using a rom or Updatecdn or the other tool 3dnus or something like that.

Yes update ing through system settings would give you 9.6 and then not work, unless you were on an old 3ds and using Rxtools.

Thanks, just used the latest Lego Ninjago to update emuNAND to 8.1. Zelda works fine now!

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
So i just copy the content of the small sdcard to my big one and insert this into the 3ds sdslot (the one underneath)? is it possible?

Yes. You will have to create a new emunand on your big SD though. But you can export the emunand from your smaller one and then inject it to your bigger one.
Edit: thorasgar beat me to it
Correct me if I'm wrong: Setting up an emuNAND today would fail due to non-compatibility between GW and Nintendos current distributed FW, correct?
Edit: The only way would be to format emuNAND, boot GW mode to be in GW3D FW mode and update FW with a retail game to i.e. 7.1, right?
You can also update with a rom or, a bit more comlicated way, with a cia(search for updateCDN)

arcangelnew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe you can translate it for us

Sure, but the tutorial includes Links (that are essential) who include illegal material like the 7.x key and devmenu and others, and the files are necessary for most actions as they come in a single pack for every step, like the CFW step it has everything on a single pack Devmenu, bigbluemenu, palatine, etc, and the EUR region change step, it also includes a shared Secureinfo_A (the one that everyone uses) on it, so I will gladly do the translation but I will require admin approval to post links here, and I don't think they agree, anyway if someone knows spanish I can send the link to the tutorial over PM or if admin agrees I can post the link here. BTW it's a huge tutorial also include how to do a dualnand, a modified bin for EUR change so it doesnt need to be patched, a step by step to rtools dual nand with eshop support, etc.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey something here .. I'm on 9.5 GW emunand , and I wnat to sue eshop , it's possible to update only the eshop?:v
Wow. What did they do to you? Taking on the big N like that is gutsy. Nod you have a good team of attorneys?

On the off chance that was a typo and you want to use the eshop if you have an old 3ds Rxtools has a solution. Otherwise almost all eshop content is available as cia.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow. What did they do to you? Taking on the big N like that is gutsy. Nod you have a good team of attorneys?

On the off chance that was a typo and you want to use the eshop if you have an old 3ds Rxtools has a solution. Otherwise almost all eshop content is available as cia.

yes, was a typo lol
I know that ... but pirating indies, even more the discounted ones, is like buying a passport to hell D:
lol
I can update emunand with rx and sue eshop, but when I back I can't use the content õ3o and if I keep updated in RX I can't use gateway XD

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
yes, was a typo lol
I know that ... but pirating indies, even more the discounted ones, is like buying a passport to hell D:
lol
I can update emunand with rx and sue eshop, but when I back I can't use the content õ3o and if I keep updated in RX I can't use gateway XD

Pirating indies is a passport to hell??
Hmm....I'd look into Shovel Knight, it's a very good game indie game :D
But yeh, I feel for the indie developers that get nothing from their games yeh I still download them anyway (not often)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pirating indies is a passport to hell??
Hmm....I'd look into Shovel Knight, it's a very good game indie game :D
But yeh, I feel for the indie developers that get nothing from their games yeh I still download them anyway (not often)

of couse it is! D: *shot* it's my personal opinion btw you don't need to take it with you xD but i'd hater buy a indie for 2 usd than pirate it XD
I know about shovel knight! .. but I don't got one yet :B I played on a friend's 3DS haha I plan to buy it someday ...

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
of couse it is! D: *shot* it's my personal opinion btw you don't need to take it with you xD but i'd hater buy a indie for 2 usd than pirate it XD
I know about shovel knight! .. but I don't got one yet :B I played on a friend's 3DS haha I plan to buy it someday ...

I respect your opinion I guess I kinda feel the same way :D

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, I have my n3ds on 9.0 and emunand 9.5 respectively, my sysnand is just a blank state and my emunand has my eshop account on it from my og3ds, if gateway never releases an update( or takes for ever) could I update my sysnand to the latest firmware and log into my nnid from there or would I have to call nintendo to do a sys transfer to my old 3ds and then transfer back to the n3ds? This is just a theoretical what if question.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Stupid question, I have my n3ds on 9.0 and emunand 9.5 respectively, my sysnand is just a blank state and my emunand has my eshop account on it from my og3ds, if gateway never releases an update( or takes for ever) could I update my sysnand to the latest firmware and log into my nnid from there or would I have to call nintendo to do a sys transfer to my old 3ds and then transfer back to the n3ds? This is just a theoretical what if question.
I'm pretty sure you could just log in because it is tied to the actual console

Reactions: blindseer

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will not let you sys transfer from a new to an old from what I have read here. If you log into eshop you will have to update. If you update sysnand past 9.2 you are hosed.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo will not let you sys transfer from a new to an old from what I have read here. If you log into eshop you will have to update. If you update sysnand past 9.2 you are hosed.
You don't need to be on 9.6 to sign into NNID. Anyways, it's tied to the console, so if he just creates a new emuNAND, he would be able to update to 9.6 and sign in if he wants.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to be on 9.6 to sign into NNID. Anyways, it's tied to the console, so if he just creates a new emuNAND, he would be able to update to 9.6 and sign in if he wants.
Ok it makes sense you can sign into NNID without 9.6 but updating emuand to 9.6 will cause emuand to black screen, right?

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm going to be getting what I assume is a 5.0 3dsLL soon. I want to get a gateway and use it, but that'll probably come after the system purchase.
I want to use some Spiderhax based stuff so I assume I'll need to update to 9.2 Sysnand. Since I'm in U region... some related Qs;
Would I need the Japanese gateway.dg or does the region of that just determine the language it's in?
I don't have a game that'll update me to 9.2, would it be possible to update to 9.2 with it downgraded? Like install palantine or something that lets me install devmenu, then download/install 9.2 via cia from 3DNUS or something similar? I know I can't really update sysnand with gateway active.
And once I do get my GW, since I probably won't have CN or Zelda OoT J, Can I just activate gateway mode on 9.2 via the web exploit?
And the site for that exploit is go.gateway-3ds.com, correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong