• Views 4,476,947
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just installed 2 legit cia's (super mario 3D land and mario kart 7) on my emunand, and did a system transfer to a 9.5 system, but only mario 3d land is showing up, when i go to data management i can see mario kart 7 crossed out by a grey cross.

How can i fix this?

hmr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is there a way to dump a original game w/o gateway?

my 3ds have the new fw and i cant use gateway =/ i have the sky3ds and want to play online but i dont wanna be banned =D

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just took the files from the old SD card and copied them to the one with the emunand on it. The emunand is in its own partition so it won't be affected. Just turn the new system off before taking out the SD card (to avoid corruption). Once the files are all copied, boot back into emunand using the exploit.

It transferred all my DSiWare and saves just fine. I didn't even have to call Nintendo.

I gave it a try, but so far I don't know if it actually worked. Whenever I attempt to launch Gateway, I get booted to the sysnand system transfer screen.

yunacock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a guide to everything gateway related, including Emunand setup:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole_files/v3.pdf

Thank you. Can I ask a few more quick questions to iron out the details?

I'm currently using an original 3DSXL with 4.4~ firmware and GW2.7 and no Emunand.

My 3DS is able to upgrade to GW3.1 without the use of a game card or Sky3ds?

Is it safe and consequence free to upgrade to the latest firmware for Emunand?

Thank you for any assistance.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm probably stupid. I don't mind, though. Anyway, I've always wanted to play Ocarina of Time Master quest. I found a savegame online that I want to apply/inject (whatever the correct terminus would be). But how do I do it?

I have:

N3ds FW 9.0
GW ultra 3.1.1 + Cubic Ninja
Sky3ds + a rom

How would I do it? I wouldn't mind injecting the sav into the ROM which is on the Sky, I would carry CN and OoT around on the cart. CN for the exploit and OoT for actual playing it.

Where can I download savedatafiler? Why can't I find it? I must be stupid!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What does Card1 and Card2 games mean?
If you're familiar with GBA/NDS terminology, it's the save type -- 1 is EEPROM (separate chip from ROM) and 2 is Flash (same chip, with hardware enforced write protection for the program area)

So silly question, if I were to get banned, Nintendo doesn't do anything to the 3DS do they? I'd still be able to use like, local wifi between 2 3DS systems?
Yup!

Can I be banned for updating a Sky3DS rom?
No, in fact you can download updates regardless of whether you've ever played that game -- of course, having the latest version enables it to go online, and as you probably know the theory of public headers getting you banned is the most accepted one :)
I have a New 3DS on the latest firmware.
Is there a flashcart for playing original DS roms that will be compatible?
No efforts to block DS flashcards since at least the last 7.x firmware!
1. Can I get banned for playing single player games, not online VS games?
2. How do I change to private header (I own 1 original game. Super Mario 3D land.)
3. Any problems with save files getting corrupt or any other lag or bugs with using roms in the 3ds?
4. I have a Samsung ,speed 10, 32GB MicroSD card, will it work superbly?
5. Can I still update games without them checking if my banner is private or public? Game updates are they risky?
1: Offline and local are believed safe
4: It should, class 10 is the highest supported speed by [3DS itself and] flashcards
5: yup, see above

Something just occured to me, if my 3DS were to get banned, would there still be anyway of updating the emunand with Gateway?
For what I know, no parts of updating goes through the NNID server

Reactions: Moac

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave it a try, but so far I don't know if it actually worked. Whenever I attempt to launch Gateway, I get booted to the sysnand system transfer screen.
Are you sure it's the Sysnand system transfer and not the emunand? It was kicking me to that too. The transfer fails on the eshop portion, but if your NNID was linked it's safe to cancel as everything will still transfer.

yunacock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiousity, has anyone had any luck playing that dump of Final Fantasy Explorers floating around? I heard it's been scrubbed and is problematic.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done a system transfer to my N3DS from my O3DS emuNAND to emuNAND. What I want to know is, because of it being the emuNAND that did the system transfer, my O3DS still has my NNID on the sysNAND, is there any way I can remove it without deleting my NNID (for obvious reasons) if I were to sell it? I know formatting the system unlinks the NNID but it still remains on the system... does anybody have any advice?

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got my N3DS working with gateway. Is there a way to transfer saves (with 4,5 save encryption) to a N3DS using something like save data filer and extracting and inserting the saves again?

Additional question: Can I somehow transfer saves and get around header problems? For example, extract a save from a no header game to a personal dump game?

Thanks in advance for answering.

hdmanfxr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this but I have a 3ds xl at ver 6.2 I am going to buy a Sky 3DS because of the need to go online to use my Gateway. The question is should I update the firmware now while the current version is supported or leave it where it is?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this but I have a 3ds xl at ver 6.2 I am going to buy a Sky 3DS because of the need to go online to use my Gateway. The question is should I update the firmware now while the current version is supported or leave it where it is?
Why not downgrade your xl to 4.5? Pretty sure you can, then just use the ds exploit instead of the browser one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@