• Views 4,531,258
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

elenaaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello, I just wanted to ask will I be okay using Kingston micro sdhc class 4 card with r4i gold 3ds to play ds roms?

brainiac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks, couple quick questions regarding Gateway 3DS from someone thinking of purchasing a 3DS and a flashcart / someone who had plenty of experience with NDS carts (Cyclo Ev):

1 - A lot of the threads and information seem to be conflicting on the firware the cart will work up to. If I purchase a new 3ds (old model) or a second hand one off ebay or wherever, should the cart work in a plug and play manner? Is there any firmware versions where the cart isn't working at the moment?

2 - How simple is the cart to use in comparison to the old NDS carts. Is it simply plug in, build a folder structure, and then dump roms / homebrew onto it and go? Or is it more complicated? Is there good documentation for getting started?

3 - Is the Gateway still the best cart on the market? Price isn't really an issue, so if it's 30 quid more but much much more stable, I would still rather this. How is the support / continuous updating from the team behind it?

4 - Is everything / most things playable on the cart? In other words, is it worth going for to play some Zelda's, phoenix wright's, Animal crossing, kingdom hearts etc?

5 - Is online for games like animal crossing working on the cart?

6 - Is media playable on the cart?

7 - What reliable sites are currently sales partners for the cart?

8 - Is there anything else you think I should know before purchasing?

I know that's a lot to ask of you guys, just always like to be very sure before I make a purchase :P.

johnestan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gateway card and an exploited xl. I'm think of upgrading to the n3ds xl or n3ds. I was thinking about importing a n3ds from japan. This is where I'm a little confused: I need a Japanese version of OOT or a sky3ds (neither of which are cheap) to boot into gateway mode right? And if that's the case, is there any reason not to import? It's easy enough to change the language. Is there any difference beside the region lock?

Thomatronicus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUPER 3DS noob here... in fact i just bought my 3ds last week. updated to 9.5.0-32U. now i have a rom cart that was givin to me by a buddy (R4i 3DS) he had it for a while, and it works fine on my DS, but 3DS says "an error has occurred" can it be updated/how would i go about that? also what all can you do with these little guys??

EDIT** 9.5.0-23U

Attachments

• 3DSthing.PNG
    3DSthing.PNG
    59.7 KB · Views: 209

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I remember that there was a guide on how to setup MT-Emunand + CFW on the same SD card but I can't find it anymore. Does someone have the link to it? Thanks.

Anerva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all:

I have a N3DS with 9.0.0-0U. I just want to know what my options are for flashcards. I've never had one before.

Thanks

DarkAuran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, is there a possible way to downgrade from 9.5.0-23U with or without flash cards to an older firmware?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi all:

I have a N3DS with 9.0.0-0U. I just want to know what my options are for flashcards. I've never had one before.

Thanks

With only your console Sky3DS is your best bet. Or if you get ahold of a physical copy of Ocarina of Time + a Save Dongle you can try Gateway (or wait for them to find a simplier exploit).

Edit: Also cubic ninja could be another useful title in the future for N3DS if you can find one.

I have a question, is there a possible way to downgrade from 9.5.0-23U with or without flash cards to an older firmware?

Only if you have a previous backup of your NAND (at least 9.2 or less) and also hardmod your 3DS. Otherwise you're out of luck.

brainiac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks, couple quick questions regarding Gateway 3DS from someone thinking of purchasing a 3DS and a flashcart / someone who had plenty of experience with NDS carts (Cyclo Ev):

1 - A lot of the threads and information seem to be conflicting on the firware the cart will work up to. If I purchase a new 3ds (old model) or a second hand one off ebay or wherever, should the cart work in a plug and play manner? Is there any firmware versions where the cart isn't working at the moment?

2 - How simple is the cart to use in comparison to the old NDS carts. Is it simply plug in, build a folder structure, and then dump roms / homebrew onto it and go? Or is it more complicated? Is there good documentation for getting started?

3 - Is the Gateway still the best cart on the market? Price isn't really an issue, so if it's 30 quid more but much much more stable, I would still rather this. How is the support / continuous updating from the team behind it?

4 - Is everything / most things playable on the cart? In other words, is it worth going for to play some Zelda's, phoenix wright's, Animal crossing, kingdom hearts etc?

5 - Is online for games like animal crossing working on the cart?

6 - Is media playable on the cart?

7 - What reliable sites are currently sales partners for the cart?

8 - Is there anything else you think I should know before purchasing?

I know that's a lot to ask of you guys, just always like to be very sure before I make a purchase :P.

Anyone able to help me out with these? :)

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick simple questions in hope of quick simple response. I'm impatient. Tis a fact. I have a 9.0u N3ds xl And live in the U.S.
1. What DS flashcart would you recommend under $13 with decent speed shipping?
2. Would the cart run DS mode homebrew (With sound!)?
3. What are these "dual core" cards benefits?
4. Why must I gaitwait again for cubic ninja support T.T (not a Q actually. Just sadness)

fatpolomanjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have Gateway access on a EUR New 3DS and a retail cart of a US MH4U with save data, when I use that same cart on the n3DS, will I have access to the save? Or if I backup MH4U as a ROM?

This has been asked before here, but I'm not sure how close the OP's situation is to mine. Seems the answer is "not yet".

Edit: Finding a lot of good info for answering this one from mmn's faq stickied in this forum, and some of the following threads:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/287072-Game-saves-and-how-to-manage-them
https://gbatemp.net/threads/playing-legit-carts-online-on-9-0-sysnand-9-5-emunand.383925/

So far from what I can tell, since my MH4U save was created on 9.x N3DS firmware, I can play from that save in Gateway as long as my emuNAND is 9.x. Not sure about just plain ROM dumping vs playing in Classic Mode. I'm still learning the ropes, and my EUR N3DS doesn't come in until the end of this week.

yunacock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone point me to a fool proof guide on updating Emunand to 9.5? Never bothered with the whole Emunand thing, but seems it's a necessity now.

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is pretty late callback here, but can you say anything on what you did with the SD cards? Guides to system transfer that I've read say that you finish by taking the SD card out of the old one and putting it into the new one. How do you do that going from sysNAND to emuNAND, where in order to put the old SD card into the new system you'd need to remove the new system's card (which has the emuNAND on it)?

Also, can you really transfer DSiWare and all game saves this way? I'm surprised that it would just work like that going from sysNAND to emuNAND.

I just took the files from the old SD card and copied them to the one with the emunand on it. The emunand is in its own partition so it won't be affected. Just turn the new system off before taking out the SD card (to avoid corruption). Once the files are all copied, boot back into emunand using the exploit.

It transferred all my DSiWare and saves just fine. I didn't even have to call Nintendo.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
im going to get hold of my friends 3ds tomorrow thats on 6.2 firmware.
I have 2 original game carts left from the 21 i sold. I have Fantasy Life and nintendogs.
Can i grab a header from either of these to use on my Sky3ds? or does it have to be a online game, in which case i will have to use Fantasy Life cartridge. if it dont matter, i can grab header from nintendogs and then sell Fantasy Life
smile.png

Does it have to be a 4gb Cart game? or can any size cart be used?

How do i go about grabbing the header from the cart please?
What do i need to download ready as i can only have his 3ds for a short while, so trying to get a head start on it so that i know exactly what to do.
Is grabbing the headers from a game cart the easy part... and then he can have his 3ds back, as the hardest part is injecting the template with my header?

Anyone please tell me what i need to download in advance and could anyone please leave me a step by step guide? please, and thank you in advance

I have New 3ds XL 9.5 and sky3ds

mUppenbart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi guys and sorry for another (probably) retarded question. I finally got that Ocarina of time for my pal n3ds and until tomorrow i´ve been
using my old 3ds XL which is updated to the latest emunand (9.5). I´ve been searching on that other forum, but still couldn´t find the answer
i´m looking for.

How do i bring my gateway .sav(es) to the n3ds? Do i just copy them from root of the sd card and paste on the root on the n3ds micro sd after i
set up emunand on the n3ds?
I don´t care about system transfers and so on. Just want to continue playing roms on my new system and would appreciate an answer or a hint
where i could find the answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag