• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Boosted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the format emunand option. GW is only put in front on the menu number, when you are on emunand.

Booting into just 4.5 is because emunand has not been set up.

My apologies! I went ahead and formatted the emuNand. Updated the launcher as well. No I just have to update the emuNand so it will work with some of the newer stuff. I should be able to go ahead and update it without any issues, correct (assuming I just follow the tutorial)?

Thank you again for all the help!

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So all cards that worked on the NDS and play NDS games work on the 3DS? or is it that only some cards work on the 3DS now and only the Gateway is updated for current firmware to play 3ds games
Only a few NDS card work on the 3DS and even fewer works on the latest firmware (DSTWO and one of the R4i being the only ones I can recall off the top of my head).
There's this which can potentially open up more DS mode card options on 9.x. However, it's not really feasible until Gateway or some other group releases a method of booting devmenu in 9.x.

Currently, only Sky3DS supports running roms on the latest firmware (9.4). Gateway has stated that they will soon be releasing an exploit which supports up to 9.2

DuffyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only a few NDS card work on the 3DS and even fewer works on the latest firmware (DSTWO and one of the R4i being the only ones I can recall off the top of my head).
There's this which can potentially open up more DS mode card options on 9.x. However, it's not really feasible until Gateway or some other group releases a method of booting devmenu in 9.x.

Currently, only Sky3DS supports running roms on the latest firmware (9.4). Gateway has stated that they will soon be releasing an exploit which supports up to 9.2

So if I bought a dstwo it would work with ds and gba games only? even with the new 3ds? and if I wanted to run 3ds roms then I need the Sky3DS or gateway

side question. Why do people on this forum talk about buying Australian new 3dses as opposed to american ones

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I bought a dstwo it would work with ds and gba games only? even with the new 3ds? and if I wanted to run 3ds roms then I need the Sky3DS or gateway

side question. Why do people on this forum talk about buying Australian new 3dses as opposed to american ones

Top 2 questions, you are right. Gateway currently doesn't work on the new 3ds unfortunately.
Side question: because the New 3DS is only out in Japan and Australia, not American so they would prefer one in English.

Cardzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI Guys

Quick Question.. My neice is tired of her gateway and wants to go back to a normal 3ds that also allows her to play her old DS games.
Whats the proper way to remove all the gateway from her 3ds and restore her normal?
Yes I know this will be a one way road once we update her firmware.
Thanks

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
How can we rebuild roms and romfs files?
I'm sure there has to be a guide somewhere but I haven't found one. I saw a few mentions of makerom and Every File Explorer but no advice on how to use them.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI Guys

Quick Question.. My neice is tired of her gateway and wants to go back to a normal 3ds that also allows her to play her old DS games.
Whats the proper way to remove all the gateway from her 3ds and restore her normal?
Yes I know this will be a one way road once we update her firmware.
Thanks
Why not just play DS games on the blue card?

Cardzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just play DS games on the blue card?
I think she is had enough and so has her Dad. Since I modded it and had it working perfectly she has twice done something to stop it working. First time she played a DS game which I fixed by running the exploit again. the second time I dont know what she did but her gateway card still works fine in my DS and she didn't update her firmware.

Suffice to say she just wants a normal 3DS now and play and swap games with her friends..

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think she is had enough and so has her Dad. Since I modded it and had it working perfectly she has twice done something to stop it working. First time she played a DS game which I fixed by running the exploit again. the second time I dont know what she did but her gateway card still works fine in my DS and she didn't update her firmware.

Suffice to say she just wants a normal 3DS now and play and swap games with her friends..

Formatting the 3DS, playing a DS game or even updating firmware (since that's what you want to do) is enough to "eliminate" Gateway from the 3DS.
It's a waste though since there's not so many 4.x 3DS out there. It would be better to sell it to someone who can appreciate it (it might even turn a good profit) and buy a new one for her, maybe even a N3DS.

Cardzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Formatting the 3DS, playing a DS game or even updating firmware (since that's what you want to do) is enough to "eliminate" Gateway from the 3DS.
It's a waste though since there's not so many 4.x 3DS out there. It would be better to sell it to someone who can appreciate it (it might even turn a good profit) and buy a new one for her, maybe even a N3DS.

Thanks for the reply

yes I understand that it would be better to sell it. they are not interested

So I can just do any of those things? and it will be back to normal? I mean I dont have to copy the original laucher back to the large SD card do I?
Once she plays a normal DS game everything will work properly?
Sorry to go on about something so easy. Just dont want anything to go wrong with her 3ds again..

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the reply

yes I understand that it would be better to sell it. they are not interested

So I can just do any of those things? and it will be back to normal? I mean I dont have to copy the original laucher back to the large SD card do I?
Once she plays a normal DS game everything will work properly?
Sorry to go on about something so easy. Just dont want anything to go wrong with her 3ds again..

There is no original launcher. The launcher.dat file is something only for the GW menu to load. It's the entry for the exploit. So you can simply delete it from the SD card since you'll have no use for it anymore. To remove the exploit from the 3DS itself, you can simply play a DS game.

RightSaidFrank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings!
I currently have a 3DS XL with 9.2U firmware i'm keeping offline waiting for the latest Gateway update. I plan on purchasing a N3DS whenever the US version is released next year and plan to keep that one up to date with the latest firmware while my old XL stays on 9.2 to retain compatibility with Gateway.

My question is will I be able to do a system transfer from my 9.2 XL to my new N3DS without my old 9.2 downloading the firmware update? If so, how would I do that. I'm a complete noob to Gateway.

MasterBro10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have a few questions. I asked this on the Maxconsole forums and I will ask here, can you transfer eshop games from sysnand to emunand? I want to do this to keep my old saves and keep my dozens of purchases since re-downloading all my games would take ages... also, is emunand system transfer possible?

NutellaSwirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How does compatibility between gateway with cia and dstwo work? I know I have to reinstall the exploit but I dont need a computer right? Just the exploit on dstwo. How long does it take?

Also, do my cia files and saves stay intact on the SD card even when the exploit is briefly uninstalled?

swordlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How does compatibility between gateway with cia and dstwo work? I know I have to reinstall the exploit but I dont need a computer right? Just the exploit on dstwo. How long does it take?

Also, do my cia files and saves stay intact on the SD card even when the exploit is briefly uninstalled?

I haven't really played in DS mode on the emuNAND so I can't answer it because I don't know what happens if you do. But the exploit (Blue card) runs on the system NAND. You can even take out your bigSD and the exploit will remain there until you play a DS game/rom. Your emuNAND is a partition inside your bigSD, so your cias should remain intact.

Search these forums for the emuNAND tool topic, this tool enables you to backup your emuNAND. This could come in handy in the future for a number of reasons. Just remember your cias are all installed on your emuNAND and you should NEVER enter data management. Downloading extra content/DLCs for your cias on the eshop will also uninstall your cias.

Now I also have a question, if anyone would be kind enough to answer me...

After a lot of trial and error with cias I had finally learned how to properly convert/install them, etc. It's just that the corruption rate is very high even if you follow all the steps properly and installing large files is a nightmare so I dropped it before going insane. The whole header stuff about converting .3ds to .3dz seems rather easy compared to cias. My question is: has there ever been a case of online banning? Although we are warned of the possibility I'd like to know if it has actually happened.
Thanks.

NutellaSwirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No bans, but with 9.2 Gateway coming out, more ppl will use headers making chances more likely, which is why I went with cias. You can download cia roms off the internet btw. edit: oh, and do cias NEED to be on emunand? The Gateway teaser video said cias were supported, but not emunand, which makes me think emunand won't be available immediately.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After a lot of trial and error with cias I had finally learned how to properly convert/install them, etc. It's just that the corruption rate is very high even if you follow all the steps properly and installing large files is a nightmare so I dropped it before going insane. The whole header stuff about converting .3ds to .3dz seems rather easy compared to cias. My question is: has there ever been a case of online banning? Although we are warned of the possibility I'd like to know if it has actually happened.
Thanks.

No, no one was ever banned even while using public headers. You can also get cias online, no need to convert them yourself. It's easy.

I haven't really played in DS mode on the emuNAND so I can't answer it because I don't know what happens if you do.

You can't play DS games in emunand.

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to get a New Nintendo 3DS, thinking about ordering a Japanese version, the regular, non-LL. Question is, can I run US games on it with a flash card? Am I just wasting money? Should I just hold off another couple months?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [belongs to one]
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish people that think they're right about everything didn't exist half the time
    Such as you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's your way of thinking
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet it be tough finding a job, if you were a nudist.
    or vice versa
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah it's easy all they gotta do is blow long breaths of air
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confronts a nudist "Why be a nudist?" "I'm not a nudist you dick, I'm homeless and poor."
    +1
    I'm also saving 💰 . You know how much it is to just wash your clothes? pffffft
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saved 1k this month by being poor tbh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.