• Likes 43

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hiya, I'd like some help regarding the GW3D and MT-card from people who own them. I've read thoroughly about the gateway, mostly on this website, but I still haven't decided on whether I should get either or not. Well, in short the brick code worries me to death. I don't even have the time to learn how to use a Raspberry Pi, not that I'd actually learn how to unbrick it if I had time & proper training.

Anyways, I haven't heard of any bricking cases with the MT-card, but then again it's hard to find anything at all about it. The brick code could be there, or maybe they worked on versions 1.1-2 which are "brick-safe" and since they lack the diagnostic menu it's fine (I read somewhere about it bricking the console if you let the power drain).

Now, the checksum list at the GW website scares me off, I know that as long as I don't mess with the launcher.dat I'm ok, but I don't want to go insane checking the checksum and/or making sure my sd card doesn't get corrupted. For all I've searched, I haven't found any cases regarding the omega versions.

I know it sounds cheap but I had to go through a scavenger hunt to get myself a 3ds on the right firmware and now that I found out about the brick code I just don't know what to do anymore. Would anyone be as kind as to shed some light on how fares the clone wars? On what's safe and what to avoid now?

Thanks a bunch.
Gateway had and has the bricking code in it's launcher but it's unlikely to be triggered. It could have been triggered with the 2.0 BETA 2 release but that was fixed. There are people who unbrick the 3DS for money.
There was never a bricking case with the MT-Card.
Just ignore the checksum list and the other stuff. It's very, very unlikely to get bricked with a gateway today.

Reactions: swordlord

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody has been bricked since Gateway Omega came out. Don't worry about bricking, and get a Gateway, because the other options haven't been able to keep up with it.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright here's my noob questions:

1.) These new 3DS 7.X keys that were leaked, do they offer ANYTHING in terms of a step closer to a permanent custom firmware solution?

2.) When using a Gateway card to play 3DS games online, does it matter if the Header data you use from your own games are from a singleplayer game or not? Does the header data need to be from a multiplayer cart?

3.) My friend has missed some of the event distributed Pokemon. When/if I get my Gateway, can I generate identical, nearly authentic event Pokemon to give him through save modifications?

Thanks everyone.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Alright here's my noob questions:

1.) These new 3DS 7.X keys that were leaked, do they offer ANYTHING in terms of a step closer to a permanent custom firmware solution?

2.) When using a Gateway card to play 3DS games online, does it matter if the Header data you use from your own games are from a singleplayer game or not? Does the header data need to be from a multiplayer cart?

3.) My friend has missed some of the event distributed Pokemon. When/if I get my Gateway, can I generate identical, nearly authentic event Pokemon to give him through save modifications?

Thanks everyone.
1. no
2. no
3. no i dont think so, best you can do is duplicating pokemon on your gateway save and local trading to him, if he has been playing on a updated console you wont be able to use his cart in your 3ds in emunand....so best you can do is local trading

Reactions: Aman27deep

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3. no i dont think so, best you can do is duplicating pokemon on your gateway save and local trading to him, if he has been playing on a updated console you wont be able to use his cart in your 3ds in emunand....so best you can do is local trading

So I can duplicate identical to event pokemon using my Gateway, then locally trade them to him to his official cart and he's set?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I can duplicate identical to event pokemon using my Gateway, then locally trade them to him to his official cart and he's set?
iirc some pokemon are trade locked i think....but im not sure i think its only certain ones(i dont really follow the pokemon stuff all that much really), have a look in the community saves there is like 20 full boxes im sure there was some event pokemon too, the toold for backing up and restoring your saves are there too

Pufin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a 3ds or 3ds xl refurbished from nintendo's site. Since they are refurbished, that means they are older. Would this also mean that they should be version 4.5 or below?

Also one last question. How is the online for super smash bros on the gateway? If it is laggy or buggy or something, I'm considering just buying the game. Or would there be a card better for this purpose, perhaps the mt card?

Thanks for the help!

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
how far is gateway team with making an as genuine as possible 3ds rom? cause that sky3ds card might just make it possible to start thier card up again, and so it would be possible to get around the 10 roms limit...

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a 3ds or 3ds xl refurbished from nintendo's site. Since they are refurbished, that means they are older. Would this also mean that they should be version 4.5 or below?

If you're getting a console straight from Nintendo, I guarantee it'll be updated.

Also one last question. How is the online for super smash bros on the gateway? If it is laggy or buggy or something, I'm considering just buying the game. Or would there be a card better for this purpose, perhaps the mt card?

It's the exact same experience a normal user would have.

If I use Format System Memory in SysNAND, can I still use my EmuNAND and all its software?

Yes. Just make sure you aren't connected to the internet when you do it, and that you remove your SD card.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
How come my emuNAND doesn't work with Pokemon Y? If I run Pokemon Y in emuNAND it says my file is corrupted.
Dump/download your ROM again (I am not sure if ROM is the correct term for card2 games but I think you get what I mean)

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have update my pink and my black 3ds to firmware 9.2.0-4E this morning and they see eachother when they are online, but in sleep mode they don't see eachother anymore, I took the green 3ds with firmware 2.1.0-4E and they both conected and the green 3ds conected to them too (so in mii park the green 3ds had company of both te 3ds's and the black and the pink 3ds had company of only one 3ds, the green one) now I'v updated the green 3ds to firmware 4.5.0-4E and not setup a internet connection (first I have done a erase of the system and then I put pokemon mistery dungeon in and updated it with that). I love mii park and I hope the 3ds's with the 9.2.0-4E software will see eachother again, I wonder has everyone this problem ? Or is there a solution for it ?

Pitalacta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any guide for decrypting 7.x roms? I have the files released by VOiD, the 7.x keys and the romfs.xorpad of a rom I want to decrypt but have no idea what to do with them.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Got my 3DS gateway, just wondering. Does the 3DS enter a standby mode when you close it? And if so, can you play a game with the gateway and do that without something screwing up?

I only ask because I believe you exit gateway mode if you quit a game?

awm8604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to transfer the save data of Fantasy Life from one system to another? I use the same .sav file on the Gateway but it always creates new data on the SD card and I don't know what I can do about moving that over.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got my 3DS gateway, just wondering. Does the 3DS enter a standby mode when you close it? And if so, can you play a game with the gateway and do that without something screwing up?

I only ask because I believe you exit gateway mode if you quit a game?
You can close the 3DS at any time without any problems. Even if you're on the Gateway menu or if you're in a game, everything will resume as it should.
You leave Gateway mode when you reboot the console. Some games make the 3DS reboot when exiting (Super Smash Bros is a good example), but normally you return to Gateway mode when closing a game. When you leave system settings, the 3DS also reboots, kicking you out of Gateway mode.

A good way to distinguish between Gateway mode on EmuNAND and normal on the SysNAND is to make folders on both menus. For example, make a folder called EmuNAND on the EmuNAND menu and make a folder called SysNAND on the SysNAND menu. That way you can easily see by the folder on which NAND you are operating.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Whats a gentlemen way to exit backup with GW card?
Pressing HOME button and then power off? Or maybe power off directly?

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I havent checked in a while and cannot find much information on this
-3ds Normal
-running 7.1.0-15u
What cards would work on this? It looks like the gateway stopped after ver 5.x or something. Any help is appreciated.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I havent checked in a while and cannot find much information on this
-3ds Normal
-running 7.1.0-15u
What cards would work on this? It looks like the gateway stopped after ver 5.x or something. Any help is appreciated.
You can only run DS mode flashcards with this.
Or pray Sky3DS is real and works and are willing to shell out the money for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...