• Start date
  • Views 4,568,531
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

SolarisHeights

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi sorry for sounding dumb but how do I use GameYob or Moonshell? I tried putting it on my sd card and also on the microsd card I use for gateway but I there's none instructions for me to follow :(

Please help I just want to play some gameboy games men

Allstargammer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this question has been asked many times before. I have done a lot of research before asking this question, but most of the info was old and outdated. So, the age old question: Gateway vs R4i 3DS Gold deluxe? From what I understand, the r4i is just a clone of the gateway, but it can't play certain games and it can't save without exiting the game. Is that correct? Can the gateway save without exiting the game? Also, I got conflicting information about this, does the r4i support multi 3ds roms? If you could list all the pros and cons with both that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for helping me out.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I know this question has been asked many times before. I have done a lot of research before asking this question, but most of the info was old and outdated. So, the age old question: Gateway vs R4i 3DS Gold deluxe? From what I understand, the r4i is just a clone of the gateway, but it can't play certain games and it can't save without exiting the game. Is that correct? Can the gateway save without exiting the game? Also, I got conflicting information about this, does the r4i support multi 3ds roms? If you could list all the pros and cons with both that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for helping me out.

Honestly, you'd be really disappointed if you purchased an R4 Deluxe right now... It's missing a ton of features, and can't play any of the latest games. If you're able to shell out like 10 more bucks for a Gateway, it's well worth it.

kentai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
noob question guys, but are you still required to press home button + X with gateway 3DS in order to save? And where is the save file located at? I have been playing Phoenix wright on my gateway 3ds and the conventional way of saving seems to work just fine even without me pressing home + X.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
noob question guys, but are you still required to press home button + X with gateway 3DS in order to save? And where is the save file located at? I have been playing Phoenix wright on my gateway 3ds and the conventional way of saving seems to work just fine even without me pressing home + X.
Card 2 games (which include all eshop games) saves directly to the rom file. Otherwise, it saves to the big SD card and still requires Home+X or the power button.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone here uses Linux (Manjaro) maybe?
I am having a problem with exFAT format for microSD card. I mean I can format microSD in that format, but cant mount it (copy, write files).
I checked some online solution but none seems to work for me.

I just need exFAT for my red Gateway :unsure:

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here uses Linux (Manjaro) maybe?
I am having a problem with exFAT format for microSD card. I mean I can format microSD in that format, but cant mount it (copy, write files).
I checked some online solution but none seems to work for me.

I just need exFAT for my red Gateway :unsure:

Did you set it as the primary partition and such? There are a few things you need to enable for a partition to get it readable by the OS.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
I can only recognize in exFAT format (using GParted) and that it.
Where can I set those options? Thx

Kurt117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hi :)
i use a gateway on my 3ds roms and i'm gonna get a Supercard dstwo for my nds,i know that if i play nds games on my 3ds with blue gateway card i have to install/run the exploit again using the blue card again,is it the same for dstwo?if i use it on my 3ds do i have to reinstall the exploit using gw blue card?

oh and does using dstwo affect emunand?

thanks in advance

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hi :)
i use a gateway on my 3ds roms and i'm gonna get a Supercard dstwo for my nds,i know that if i play nds games on my 3ds with blue gateway card i have to install/run the exploit again using the blue card again,is it the same for dstwo?if i use it on my 3ds do i have to reinstall the exploit using gw blue card?

oh and does using dstwo affect emunand?

thanks in advance
yeah you will need to reinstall the exploit, but you can just copy the gatwayinstaller.nds to the dstwo and install from there......and no it wont do anything except needing to reinstall the exploit after playing

Reactions: Kurt117

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
What is lost when 3ds rom is trimmed?
I used NDSTokyoTrim ( great little program) and it gave me reduced size ROMs that work perfectly?
So are there any issues with trimmed ROMs? Thx

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I used NDSTokyoTrim ( great little program) and it gave me reduced size ROMs that work perfectly?

All the filler data that's put onto the rom of a 3DS chip so that you can't write anything else to the chip once it's on the market. It's completely worthless and doesn't effect gameplay.

3dsexplorer has trouble trimming card2 type games right now, though. Best not do anything to those.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can usually trim roms with no issues. They just remove the unused space within the rom (as roms are 1:1 images of carts including the unused space).

The only problem games are 'Cart 2' type games (such as Pokemon X/Y, Animal Crossing etc.) which utilise the blank space on the cartridge as save space (thus breaking the save capability when trimming them). Otherwise, feel free to trim most games.

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question about .cia and patches/dlc. When dlc/patches are installed they are .cia right? Where do they go exactly and is there some kind of way to change the "header on them to make them work for roms.

Ex. If I have fantasy life and a friend and i share roms and headers if he gets DLc can I copy from location to my 3ds and have it work or is it based on 3ds not rom?

swordlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hiya, I'd like some help regarding the GW3D and MT-card from people who own them. I've read thoroughly about the gateway, mostly on this website, but I still haven't decided on whether I should get either or not. Well, in short the brick code worries me to death. I don't even have the time to learn how to use a Raspberry Pi, not that I'd actually learn how to unbrick it if I had time & proper training.

Anyways, I haven't heard of any bricking cases with the MT-card, but then again it's hard to find anything at all about it. The brick code could be there, or maybe they worked on versions 1.1-2 which are "brick-safe" and since they lack the diagnostic menu it's fine (I read somewhere about it bricking the console if you let the power drain).

Now, the checksum list at the GW website scares me off, I know that as long as I don't mess with the launcher.dat I'm ok, but I don't want to go insane checking the checksum and/or making sure my sd card doesn't get corrupted. For all I've searched, I haven't found any cases regarding the omega versions.

I know it sounds cheap but I had to go through a scavenger hunt to get myself a 3ds on the right firmware and now that I found out about the brick code I just don't know what to do anymore. Would anyone be as kind as to shed some light on how fares the clone wars? On what's safe and what to avoid now?

Thanks a bunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/oSLqjWK3S2s?si=KEd7DGJBoNDtBWIf