• Views 4,573,714
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

DVDVDcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This was ridiculous. I have 4 different adapters at home (for microSD cards) and only 1 of them was read by 3DS (and it was not the one that originaly came with that microSD card but the one from my smart phone). I am formating now.
Edit1: emunand tool not responding at 60% while injecting the nand back to SD card :/ I try to wait some more. Not responding and cannot be shot down even from processes menu :/
Edit2: I had to pull the card out from PC and then the program disappeared. Trying injecting again now and hoping the data will not be corupted somehow.
Edit3: Injecting complete. Copying the data from old SD card back and then will try it. Wish me luck!
Edit4: It seems working

DVDVDcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well so I did everything and have my smash bros. with header and .3dz but when I try to go online it says Error Code: 002-0123 - You cannot use online services with this Game Card. It is EU rom on EU 3DS. What to do?
Edit1: I think I just somehow ****** up. The ROM was .3ds again and when I renamed it to .3dz it said me that the 3dz is invalid when I tried to start it, so I will try it again.
Edit2: It is working now. I have 2 problems but I think everyone have them. 1) Starting smash bros takes a while. 2) Closing the software kicks you to real NAND. I have these 2 problems only with this game and there is no fix for that yet right?

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Just to be certain, there's currently no way to import a save made from a ROM to a physical cart? No way through the R4i Save Dongle or Gateway menu?

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guyz, I sort of fucked up, and ordered Micro SD from SanDisk ( 16gb) for my Gateway, but later I read that its CLASS 2 ( wasn't reading really). Will this piece of crap work normally om GW, or I have to try again?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey guyz, I sort of fucked up, and ordered Micro SD from SanDisk ( 16gb) for my Gateway, but later I read that its CLASS 2 ( wasn't reading really). Will this piece of crap work normally om GW, or I have to try again?
wouldnt of even thought they would make class 2 16GB cards.....but assuming its a legit card it *should* work all the same albeit a tiny bit slower....i doubt you would even notice the difference really

Just to be certain, there's currently no way to import a save made from a ROM to a physical cart? No way through the R4i Save Dongle or Gateway menu?
the only way is if the games uses 512kb saves, and the rom in question was using the header extracted from the exact copy of the cart you intend to copy it too, so if you play the rom then buy the game the headers wont match and the save will not work regardless

Reactions: Pox

Beld

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello. To play ssb3ds (original) while keeping 4.5 I just need to update my GW FW to 2.3 so I can use 8.1, right?

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that to play SSB, you need to update emunand. But is this a permanent thing? I'll gladly wait if the next FW would let me play newer games without emunand.
Or is it impossible for gateway and I should just update emunand now? Thanks!

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I know that to play SSB, you need to update emunand. But is this a permanent thing? I'll gladly wait if the next FW would let me play newer games without emunand.
Or is it impossible for gateway and I should just update emunand now? Thanks!

You've always needed to upgrade EmuNAND to play newer games that require a newer firmware.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that, but my other question is that does anyone know if the gateway firmware "catch up" and eliminate the need to upgrade emunand. (Because to this day, I still didnt set up emunand) Because I dont mind waiting for newer games to be supported through GW firmware

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I understand that, but my other question is that does anyone know if the gateway firmware "catch up" and eliminate the need to upgrade emunand. (Because to this day, I still didnt set up emunand) Because I dont mind waiting for newer games to be supported through GW firmware

The Gateway firmware essentially is EmuNAND. You're just playing games that only require a max of 4.5.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, please correct me: For example I see that 3ds.essh lists curtain call firmware as 7.1.0U. Does that mean thats the required firmware to play it?

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Sorry, please correct me: For example I see that 3ds.essh lists curtain call firmware as 7.1.0U. Does that mean thats the required firmware to play it?

Yup. Just update EmuNAND and you'll be on a "spoofed" 8.1 and able to play all currently available games.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the replies. But i am able to play Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call despite it being listed as 7.1.0U. I should had made clear I NEVER set up emunand at all.
So my original question should had been: Is it possible when Gateway releases a newer launcher.dat, it will eliminate the need of emunand for titles that previously needed that version emunand to work?

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
thanks for the replies. But i am able to play Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call despite it being listed as 7.1.0U. I should had made clear I NEVER set up emunand at all.
So my original question should had been: Is it possible when Gateway releases a newer launcher.dat, it will eliminate the need of emunand for titles that previously needed that version emunand to work?

I guess, but you should check what it says in Settings when you boot into Gateway Mode since I don't know how you're playing Curtain Call unless you've accidentally gotten the first Theatrhythm. There aren't any risks into updating EmuNAND and avoiding it is kinda useless in terms of owning a Gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins...