• Likes 43

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Hey, so I have a Gateway and I've been playing Smash for a bit. However, I plan on buying the game and wanted to know how easy the process is to import the save to the actual cart?

ItzDrizzt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've been keeping up-to-date with the Gateway 3Ds for a while now, but now I'm confused. I ordered a Gateway 3DS this morning and just bought Smash, but to play it I have to upgrade to 8.1. If my system firmware is currently 7.2.0, will I be able to run Gateway3DS? I know you had to have 4.1-4.5 originally, but doesn't the 2.3b gateway firmware allow you to run on 3DS firmware 7.x and 8.x? Or am I a moron and it only allows you to update emuNAND to 7.x?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's the latter - only the EmuNAND can be updated, and needs to be if you want to play Smash Bros.

The console itself (SysNAND) still HAS to be firmware 4.1 to 4.5.

TWBliZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm trying to play super smash bros I think I have the correct rom, my question is would I be able to play online if I change the card type to Card 2 the spi on my card is not working so I can't play card 1 games

KendiKong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the digital version of smash bros on my gateway enabled 3ds, but the game disappears everytime i restart the 3ds. Can somebody tell how im suppose to play it?

DVDVDcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a really tricky question. I found unused microSD card 8GB with adapter (so it is like normal big SD card). Now the question is, can I use it to reinstall my emunand on it? I already tried smash bros. with my old SD card which came with 3DS and it is 2GB so it does not work (black screen). I would like to know this before trying to make a new emunand. Another question is, will all my saves be cared over to new card by copying or there will be only card1 or card2 saves? As always, thank you for any helpful answer!
P.S.: Card looks very similar to this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313182
Same brand/class/capacity etc. only the color of the paper around it is blue and not grey.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have a really tricky question. I found unused microSD card 8GB with adapter (so it is like normal big SD card). Now the question is, can I use it to reinstall my emunand on it? I already tried smash bros. with my old SD card which came with 3DS and it is 2GB so it does not work (black screen). I would like to know this before trying to make a new emunand. Another question is, will all my saves be cared over to new card by copying or there will be only card1 or card2 saves? As always, thank you for any helpful answer!
P.S.: Card looks very similar to this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313182
Same brand/class/capacity etc. only the color of the paper around it is blue and not grey.
it should work fine, use emunand tool to backup the old emunand from the old SD, copy the launcher.dat onto the new SD, pick format emunand in the gateway menu, take it out and put it into you computer, inject the old emunand from the old card, deleted anything that was created on it and copy the old SD card contents onto it, you should be back up and running on the new SD exactly how you left off on the 2GB card

DVDVDcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it should work fine, use emunand tool to backup the old emunand from the old SD, copy the launcher.dat onto the new SD, pick format emunand in the gateway menu, take it out and put it into you computer, inject the old emunand from the old card, deleted anything that was created on it and copy the old SD card contents onto it, you should be back up and running on the new SD exactly how you left off on the 2GB card

Ok so I think I get it. I download the tool from this thread - http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/ . However, one thing I do not get is, this part from your info - "deleted anything that was created on it" - If I put the new SD card with only launcher on it and do the format, there should be only emunand part on it + the launcher. So should I delete the launcher before injecting the old emunand or I am missing something? The content of the old SD card should be put back just after injecting the old emunand right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok so I think I get it. I download the tool from this thread - http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/ . However, one thing I do not get is, this part from your info - "deleted anything that was created on it" - If I put the new SD card with only launcher on it and do the format, there should be only emunand part on it + the launcher. So should I delete the launcher before injecting the old emunand or I am missing something? The content of the old SD card should be put back just after injecting the old emunand right?
yeah, some people had issues of the 3ds creating the folders again which causes your old downloaded stuff not to work....didn't happen to me, but basically if the "nintendo 3DS" folder is already created when you go to copy your old stuff back on, delete it and copy the old one back on.....don't just overwrite

Reactions: DVDVDcz

DVDVDcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, some people had issues of the 3ds creating the folders again which causes your old downloaded stuff not to work....didn't happen to me, but basically if the "nintendo 3DS" folder is already created when you go to copy your old stuff back on, delete it and copy the old one back on.....don't just overwrite

Thank you! You are a saviour for noobs. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY