• Likes 43

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Was going to make a new thread but I figure I'll try here first. Is Smash bro card 1 or card 2? (Card 1 means the save is saved on the cart and not sd card right?) I'm thinking of buying a copy and then dumping it for my gateway 3ds also. Mainly so I can share save files between the two and be able to go online.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Was going to make a new thread but I figure I'll try here first. Is Smash bro card 1 or card 2? (Card 1 means the save is saved on the cart and not sd card right?) I'm thinking of buying a copy and then dumping it for my gateway 3ds also. Mainly so I can share save files between the two and be able to go online.

It's card 1.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
No, it's Card1. Which I believe means it's saved on the SD card. There are few Card2 games, including Animal Crossing, Pokèmon X & Y, and Tomodachi Life. They save the data in the ROM itself. I think pretty much all the eShop games are Card2 as well.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Is Real Time Save aka RTS, supported on any of the 3ds flashcards?
I only saw the term "powersave" whatever that is. Can you save (freeze) your progress in the game.

Thx people

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is Real Time Save aka RTS, supported on any of the 3ds flashcards?
I only saw the term "powersave" whatever that is. Can you save (freeze) your progress in the game.

Thx people
no. and "powersaves" is a save editor by datel that wouldn't work with flashcards anyway

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm having a problem with pokebank, i haven't changed my rom but when i enter to pokemon, suddenly it says that i have the wrong game and that i have to use the game with the same ID, but my rom has already the same ID so IDK whats the matter. do i really need to call nintendo? arent they gonna find it out that i'm a gateway user?

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried backing up my rune factory 4 saves [i also dumped from the retail cart] and i can't seem to get them to show up in the dumped rom--they game saves are blank squares that don't do anything on clicking.

the rom is still named .3ds, there are 3 dumped save files on my SD.
save files are called:

00040000000D2800.sav
0004000000030800.sav
AR4E.SAV

i read this thread and they are alll 512 kb filesizes. i'm totally missing something, do i need to rename the ar4e save? but i have one already called that [there are 3 save files, i'd like to load all three]... do i need to change .3ds to .3dz? [there is no online for this]... or ... ? : )

anyways thanks in advance for any advice, i'm sure it's something obvious...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i tried backing up my rune factory 4 saves [i also dumped from the retail cart] and i can't seem to get them to show up in the dumped rom--they game saves are blank squares that don't do anything on clicking.

the rom is still named .3ds, there are 3 dumped save files on my SD.
save files are called:

00040000000D2800.sav
0004000000030800.sav
AR4E.SAV

i read this thread and they are alll 512 kb filesizes. i'm totally missing something, do i need to rename the ar4e save? but i have one already called that [there are 3 save files, i'd like to load all three]... do i need to change .3ds to .3dz? [there is no online for this]... or ... ? : )

anyways thanks in advance for any advice, i'm sure it's something obvious...
firstly it sounds like you have a fake micro SD card(you mean the rom is showing as a blank square in the GW menu)
secondly, the saves will only work if the dumped saves is 512kb, if its smaller it wont work, it also wont work on games that use 6.x encryption unless they where played in classic mode, basically dump the save, it will tell you the name its being saves as, check its 512kb, if not delete it, as you wont be using it, if it is go to essh.co and search the games name, firstly check the "required FW" column if its 6.x+ and the game was played in a updated console and not emunand, you can stop, here, its not going to work

if its 1.x-8.x and you payed the cart in emunand, next look for the "title ID column, and copy the code from there (something like 0400000000001400) go rename the dumped save to this ID, now dump the cart and rename the rom to .3dz, you save will now work on the rom

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
firstly it sounds like you have a fake micro SD card(you mean the rom is showing as a blank square in the GW menu)
secondly, the saves will only work if the dumped saves is 512kb, if its smaller it wont work, it also wont work on games that use 6.x encryption unless they where played in classic mode, basically dump the save, it will tell you the name its being saves as, check its 512kb, if not delete it, as you wont be using it, if it is go to essh.co and search the games name, firstly check the "required FW" column if its 6.x+ and the game was played in a updated console and not emunand, you can stop, here, its not going to work

if its 1.x-8.x and you payed the cart in emunand, next look for the "title ID column, and copy the code from there (something like 0400000000001400) go rename the dumped save to this ID, now dump the cart and rename the rom to .3dz, you save will now work on the rom

i think i figured it out : P thanks for helping tho!

[there was already a save file of blanks when i loaded up the rom without dumping the saves to my sd card, and that was placeholding the rf4 titleid save, and the ar4e.sav was the the one i just dumped, deleted the old one and then renamed the ar4e one and now all is good].

i have to say, i've learned a great deal only in a few days, thanks to everyone here, i knew absolutely nothing a few days ago : )

Reactions: gamesquest1

nub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey quick question. I have a white European 3DS XL 4.3 firmware. Is there anyway I can play retail cartridges from America?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey quick question. I have a white European 3DS XL 4.3 firmware. Is there anyway I can play retail cartridges from America?
You can, assuming you have a ds mode flashcard. Boot into emunand classic after installing exploit and you can run retail cartridges region free.

can I format the emunand without the gateway card while I wait for it to come ? ( comes today)
Yes, assuming you already have a ds mode flashcard capable of working on the 3ds. You don't need a gateway card to get into Gateway menu (where you can set up emunand).

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
You can, assuming you have a ds mode flashcard. Boot into emunand classic after installing exploit and you can run retail cartridges region free.

Yes, assuming you already have a ds mode flashcard capable of working on the 3ds. You don't need a gateway card to get into Gateway menu (where you can set up emunand).

I come from a clone XD, already setup the new sd card and have the gateway menu and dumped my original cart XD

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm pretty sure you don't need to use a DS-mode cart. Just hold R when selecting the DS Profile and executing the exploit and it should bring up the Gateway menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2