• Views 4,528,638
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question: I'm on gateway 2.3b and I have emunand fw 8.1u. I have donkey kong country returns 3d that I purchased on my 3ds that I lost and did a system transfer to my midnight purple 3ds with gateway. Should I play that and on classic or gateway mode?

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy something or redeem a code in emunand is it forever tied to emunand or is it also available on my "legit" 3DS?

I guess what I'm asking is, are the shop accounts independent or the shared?

secroit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just watched some tutorials how to set up the Gateway. I think i got it now. Still got two questions:

- Do i need to set up emuNAND to play alle the games, or is it just for the online features?
- In the Gateway Menu, "Backup System NAND": This will backup my system NAND. So when i accidentally update my system NAND to a version above 4.5 i can restore it with this backup? If so: why isn't it possible to downgrade a 3ds with a higher version from the start? Is the system NAND bound only to my 3ds?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not talking about emunand goddamit ... what I mean is. I have NO emunand right now , because I have a clone , but I have a backup of my nand on my pc. When I get my gateway ... I have to do the backup emunand + format emunand or only format emunand?

Goddamn it? Really .. well I'm glad your problem has been solved, next time try asking in a manner which makes actual sense, It's not my fault. I attempted to help you twice .... goddamn it.

Just watched some tutorials how to set up the Gateway. I think i got it now. Still got two questions:

- Do i need to set up emuNAND to play alle the games, or is it just for the online features?
- In the Gateway Menu, "Backup System NAND": This will backup my system NAND. So when i accidentally update my system NAND to a version above 4.5 i can restore it with this backup? If so: why isn't it possible to downgrade a 3ds with a higher version from the start? Is the system NAND bound only to my 3ds?

You can currently play about 99% of all games with no emunand, but it will be needed more and more as newer games come out, It's better to just do it, as It is needed to play the newer games and not just for online etc.

Yes and yes, you can't downgrade unless you already have a nand back up of your console, most people who have updated will not have a nand back up and so can't downgrade, however if you have the nand back up then you can downgrade if you accidentally upgrade it.

Chaoszero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got mine from eBay, just messaged a lot of sellers asking the firmware version, most were happy to find out for me. Cost me £60 for a used 3DS.

If you're after a new one you may find one on eBay with the same method, or you could go somewhere like game and ask if it's okay to check the serial number on the box before you buy it. Use the info at the top of this spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/3DS-FW-EU

Cheers bud, was thinking of just going somewhere like game or cex tomorrow but I'm scared they'll find it suspicious when i start asking of checking the serial numbers haha xD

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheers bud, was thinking of just going somewhere like game or cex tomorrow but I'm scared they'll find it suspicious when i start asking of checking the serial numbers haha xD

Who cares, I suggest you ask them to turn it on and check yourself, especially if it's second hand. You're well within your rights to "inspect" it yourself. If they're aware of why you're buying one well .. fuck them too Its none of their business why you want a 4.5 :)

I bought mine on ebay in March brand new from Germany got it for £127 delivered. I had a look on ebay about two days ago and unfortunately for you the cheapest I saw wanted £220. Hope you have as much luck as I did!

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Just go on ebay and look at the pictures of people selling their 3DS then send them a message asking if it has 4.5. I got mine for $150 CiB before I came into America.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dropping in to ask the same question, just making sure its still impossible, you can region freeify anything other than a 4.x console right?

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes you can load up the launcher, and use classic mode to play 4.x+ games on 4.x

EDIT: oh wait you mean one of the old old R4 cards.....nope, you need a 3DS compatible card that works on at least 4.x

I see, would a acekardi work then? (The sticker tells me that its compatible with DSi and 3DS)

Edit: just to be a 100% sure, if i run the exploid installer (i guess its a NDS file) and the installation is succesfull it means that gateway will work?

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does anyone know if it's safe to open the Miiverse while you have a game from a different region than that of you 3DS paused?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica