• Views 4,470,341
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
not really afaik gateway is compatible with the R4i emunand, but if you want to be extra safe, run a ds game then re-install the DS exploit with your gateway, then copy your saves from the SD and run emunand setup again.....as i said it should be fine just to swap the launcher.dat and continue as normal but some people like to know everything R4 is cleared

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I just installed gateway, and am able to enter GW3DS 4.4. I can't update though. Any reason why?
i remember we had someone who had emunand, but couldn't update, it turned out the sd card was a bit too small, and the emunand was probably a bit broken or whatever...
if your sd card is big enough more than 2-3gb free just to be safe, then delete the emunand partition, format your 3ds, do it all again, i'm sure you will get it working with some of those, all of those, or as gamesquest1 says above, trying a few more times :)

Notorious9i6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on the gateway website, It says E-Shop Game support. Does that mean like you can have access to the eshop so you can buy games. Or does that mean you can run Backup files of eshop games.

Not New

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a question regarding 3DS game data.

The Fire Emblem game on 3DS had a lot of DLC contents (some other games may have them as well). What i wanted to ask was after we download the DLC, where is it save in the console.

Does the DLC data gets updated to the games data/card (i.e., the DLC content stays forever with the game) or is the data saved in the Save file which if deleted/formated would mean that the DLC data would be lost.

Sorry if i didn't phrase my question correctly, as since i don't own a 3DS i am not sure how it work.

Not New

Trophies
XP
Country
India
dlc is stored on the sd card, separate to the save of the game. you can delete the dlc, but because you bought it, it is tied to your 3ds console. you can go to the eshop again and redownload it.
So, would it be possible to extract/dump those data.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So on the gateway website, It says E-Shop Game support. Does that mean like you can have access to the eshop so you can buy games. Or does that mean you can run Backup files of eshop games.
Both. With emunand on latest firmware you can access eshop to download patches/dlc/buy games.
You can also run backup files of eshop games that have been dumped (ones I can think of off the top of my head are Phoenix Wright DD, Senran Kagura Burst, Liberation maiden, Bird mania, and others that I may be forgetting)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i still haven't got an answer so one simple one (if someone did answer and i missed it, sorry), can I use gateway on any region 3DS or do I have to buy a region specific Gateway (if available)?
it should be on gateway's website. there is only one gateway card, it works for everything.
you can search for the firmware versions that the 3ds consoles come on, there is honestly no point in reconfirming them. every bundle/limited edition will (99.99%) have the same firmware.

gp1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
is that possible 3ds run gba games via gateway homebrew in near future?

as i know gateway 3ds supports homebrew apps in its latest version (2.2)

thanks a lot

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, so like Gateway 2.2 can load homebrew i think that we can convert some of the released ram dumpers to .3ds to load in emunand and dump ram in 7.x versions.

If somebody wants to do it be free and share with the comunity :D

PD: Will Work ?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Both. With emunand on latest firmware you can access eshop to download patches/dlc/buy games.
You can also run backup files of eshop games that have been dumped (ones I can think of off the top of my head are Phoenix Wright DD, Senran Kagura Burst, Liberation maiden, Bird mania, and others that I may be forgetting)

Just to point out, since there was a new firmware update:

The new firmware uses the new encryption keys not available to Gateway, so if you happened to need the eShop to get patches or DLC, that won't work at the current moment. Online will work on pretty much all games AFAIK, but if the games had an update available for multiplayer and you haven't downloaded it, you cannot access multiplayer for said game(s) either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: