• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

xboxgmer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Gateway work with preview builds of games? If say hypothetically an indie developer had a ROM for their upcoming eshop game designed to be used with a Dev Kit, is it possible to get it to run using the Gateway device?

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone lmessage me how to download 3ds roms and play them on gateway? Im already in gateway mode but I don't know how to run 3ds roms yet.... can someone guide me or message me links?

SolarisHeights

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone lmessage me how to download 3ds roms and play them on gateway? Im already in gateway mode but I don't know how to run 3ds roms yet.... can someone guide me or message me links?

place .3ds roms on root of sd card, just drag to sd card no need for diskimager when ur in gateway mode, press select and rom selection will appear and u play

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious... why is diskimager not needed? Has diskimager been deemed unnecessary after omega? It says win32diskimager in old gateway guides that came out before Omega, so that's why im wondering.

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also...
Is it just me, or is it when I download 3ds roms on the computer, it takes around an hour to 5 hours? Couldn't I simply copy the file or something and place it on my 3ds in a matter of seconds?

SolarisHeights

Trophies
XP
Country
because it has multi rom support now. no need for disk imager
and what u mean for me it takes me 1to1 and a half hrs to download roms and about 5~10mins to xfer to micro sdcard.
maybe if ur using an micro sd card adatper it slows it done, try connect micro sd card directly to the usb card reader if u have the port

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Does the Gateway work with preview builds of games? If say hypothetically an indie developer had a ROM for their upcoming eshop game designed to be used with a Dev Kit, is it possible to get it to run using the Gateway device?
Unlikely since they use different keys.

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just got a 32GB SD card. but I'm using the original 2GB which came with the 3DS..
  • how can i transfer my emuNAND to the new SD card?
  • if i transfer my emuNAND will the emuNAND expand as i get my more games from the eshop?
  • the only thing i have in the emuNAND is super mario bros. deluxe ATM will i be able to download that if i create a new emuNAND?
Can't you just copy the entire files on the original 2GB over to the 32GB one?

yuukihiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here
smile-new.png
(sorry for my bad English, especially my grammar), I bought my Gateway 3DS 3 months ago. Just now Gateway 3DS Omega 2.1 released, I want to format my SD Card, and replace my "old gateway launcher.dat" to "Gateway 2.1 Omega launcher.dat". So I try to format it from Gateway mode on "format emunand" command. And when I plug in on PC, I found My SD Card loss it original capacity.

how can I restore the SD card to original size ? I mean, my SD card capacity is missing it max capacity, I just want to restore it become it original capacity. And it can't be formatted from PC as well. It say my SD card is "write protected". And I can't replace my launcher too, it said "write protected". But when plug into my 3ds, it still can write, and save my data (such as photo, voice record, etc) to my SD Card from 3ds.

*There's nothing wrong with my SD Card lock switch, it's on unlock position.
*I can deleting my photos, and voice record which is saved in my SD Card from my 3ds, but I can't delete it from PC, I only can copy them from SD Card into my PC
*My original SD Card capacity is 2GB, and now become 851MB
*In Windows Disk Management, my full original capacity of 2GB is still detected, but half of it is detected as "unallocated" partition
*I already back up my old emunand with necessary folders I found in my SD card

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm new here
smile-new.png
(sorry for my bad English, especially my grammar), I bought my Gateway 3DS 3 months ago. Just now Gateway 3DS Omega 2.1 released, I want to format my SD Card, and replace my "old gateway launcher.dat" to "Gateway 2.1 Omega launcher.dat". So I try to format it from Gateway mode on "format emunand" command. And when I plug in on PC, I found My SD Card loss it original capacity.

how can I restore the SD card to original size ? I mean, my SD card capacity is missing it max capacity, I just want to restore it become it original capacity. And it can't be formatted from PC as well. It say my SD card is "write protected". And I can't replace my launcher too, it said "write protected". But when plug into my 3ds, it still can write, and save my data (such as photo, voice record, etc) to my SD Card from 3ds.

*There's nothing wrong with my SD Card lock switch, it's on unlock position.
*I can deleting my photos, and voice record which is saved in my SD Card from my 3ds, but I can't delete it from PC, I only can copy them from SD Card into my PC
*My original SD Card capacity is 2GB, and now become 851MB
*In Windows Disk Management, my full original capacity of 2GB is still detected, but half of it is detected as "unallocated" partition
*I already back up my old emunand with necessary folders I found in my SD card
The reason why your SD card is showing only a small amount of memory is because the Gateway emunand takes 1gb on it, if you want to clear it up you could try Panasonic SD format Tool (it will delete everything on the SD)

yuukihiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why your SD card is showing only a small amount of memory is because the Gateway emunand takes 1gb on it, if you want to clear it up you could try Panasonic SD format Tool (it will delete everything on the SD)

did you mean SDFormatter 4.0 ? https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/, I download it from panasonic.jp and redirected to SDFormatter 4.0. I try it, but it still can't be formatted (it said the SD Card is write protected, please release the protect switch, but there's nothing wrong with my SD Card lock switch, already on unlock position), and it still detected half of my original SD Card capacity from SDformatted tool

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
did you mean SDFormatter 4.0 ? https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/, I download it from panasonic.jp and redirected to SDFormatter 4.0. I try it, but it still can't be formatted (it said the SD Card is write protected, please release the protect switch, but there's nothing wrong with my SD Card lock switch, already on unlock position), and it still detected half of my original SD Card capacity from SDformatted tool
Your switch on the SD card may be sliding into the lock position when you plug it in (mine did this) just double check it

yuukihiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your switch on the SD card may be sliding into the lock position when you plug it in (mine did this) just double check it
hey that's work ! :D, thank you very much :), I try to stick it with tape to prevent the switch moving. I dunno if my SD Card switch slide is sensitive. I'm happy too, cause you can understand my bad English :D thanks again man :)

Reactions: tjexp

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
hey that's work ! :D, thank you very much :), I try to stick it with tape to prevent the switch moving. I dunno if my SD Card switch slide is sensitive. I'm happy too, cause you can understand my bad English :D thanks again man :)
No problem and your English is very good!

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried dumping my games using the rom dump feature. I tried it on Rhythm Thief US version and got a 2gb file. It got read by the red GW card at with an error something like "fragmentation error". I tried dumping others like Ocarina of Time Japan version and Pilotwings US version but all have this error. Thoughts? Anything to do after the dump for the roms to run?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work