• Likes 43

mobiusherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Use (url) to extract the save.

Yeah that's the script I was talking about, my version of godmode doesn't support scripts yet (I tried). Can I just update gmode without touching anything else? Should I backup everything first? I don't remember at all what all of this entails, sorry!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's the script I was talking about, my version of godmode doesn't support scripts yet (I tried). Can I just update gmode without touching anything else? Should I backup everything first? I don't remember at all what all of this entails, sorry!
If what you have is an old version of GodMode9 just update it, you won't lose any data by doing so.

Reactions: mobiusherz

mobiusherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If what you have is an old version of GodMode9 just update it, you won't lose any data by doing so.
I don't remember what it was that I read that spooked me out of updating gmode unless I knew what I was doing. Script works like a charm, thank you for your patience!! :yay:

Reactions: CoolMe

The_toked_cavalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have a question about a SD card I have. I recently put CFW on my 3ds and it was probably one of the best things I did on it. Recently I have had a problem. When I put my SD card in my PC it tries to format it and my PC wont let me put any .cia files in the CIAS folder. I have a 64GB card on the way and I have a tool to format the card. How to I transfer my data over to my new sd card without losing everything. Also, I looked under data management on my 3ds, the system doesnt say the SD card is corrupt--my PC does. I need help....one love.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it tries to format it and my PC wont let me put any .cia files in the CIAS folder.
You can still access your games/ data on your 3ds? If so, try checking the lock slider on the sd card adapter if you're using one, or change it all together if you have a spare one. if it's locked, it won't let you to write any on it, and sometimes it fails to read the micro sd card completely, and when it's faulty it'll appear as if it's unformatted/ an unallocated partition..

If you can't access it on your 3ds either, it either got corrupt when you inserted on your pc somehow, or it's a fake micro sd and it exceeded its true capacity when you were copying cia files to it and corrupted itself, or both..

Reactions: anotherthing

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I put my SD card in my PC it tries to format it and my PC wont let me put any .cia files in the CIAS folder.
This is unclear. Are you saying the PC is trying to format it, but it still shows you that the SD card has a "CIAS folder"? If it's trying to format it, it shouldn't see anything on the card at all.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying the PC is trying to format it, but it still shows you that the SD card has a "CIAS folder"?
I think he's saying the 3DS still reads it, but the PC will not. I would have to think that if the PC isn't reading it, it wouldn't be long before the 3DS won't read it either.

The_toked_cavalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's saying the 3DS still reads it, but the PC will not. I would have to think that if the PC isn't reading it, it wouldn't be long before the 3DS won't read it either.
Yes kinda what i am saying is yes the 3ds reads the card and can play files that are games. Data management on the 3ds says the card is fine it shows my games on it. However when I put my SD card in my PC Windows says there is a problem on the SD card and it wants to scan and fix my SD card. Also I can not place new cia files in the SD card from my PC it says Error on storage device. Sorry about the mix up. What I was meaning on the last part was when I take my SD card out of the 3ds and in my PC and load new .cia files on the sd card my PC wont let me. I get an error message from the PC and the PC tries to scan and fix my SD card.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
says there is a problem on the SD card and it wants to scan and fix my SD card.
Wants to scan isn't the same as "tries to format it".. Anyway, i already suggested stuff above you can try, like changing the sd card adapter.
I think he's saying the 3DS still reads it, but the PC will not.
Yes, but that's not what Kwyjor was asking about.

Reactions: anotherthing

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hyperbola

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so it's been like 6-7 years since updating my Japanese n3ds and need to know what applies to me. Figured it was worth asking here to be safe. I updated to the latest luma version but then in the guide there were a bunch of disclaimers so i just have to be safe about this. Do either of these apply to me?

-If your New 3DS was on version 2.1.0 before following this guide, you should restore your NAND backup before continuing. This likely doesn’t apply to you unless you were following this guide in 2017.
-If your previous CFW setup was EmuNAND-based and you wish to move the contents of your EmuNAND/RedNAND to SysNAND, follow Move EmuNAND before following this page. If you don’t know what an EmuNAND is, this doesn’t apply to you.

In my settings it says Sys 11.6.0-39J. Does this mean it's not 2.1.0? I assume so but not sure since this was back in a time where emunand was maybe a thing? Does that emunand stuff apply to me? For reference, my homebrew launcher says v2.4.1 if that gives an indication on when i last updated lol...

I was going to just follow this guide to update the applications so hopefully that is the right path? (3ds hacks guide/finalizing-setup) But if someone could give insight on how to know if one of those disclaimers apply to me that'd be great. I remember emunand-related stuff back in like 2016/2017 so want to be safe lol

ElaineFrost

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Extended memory games like Smash 4 and Mario Maker weren't working so I did everything in the last section of the region changing guide. I was told that this wouldn't affect any of my data such as my Miis and Activity Log but now all of those are gone. Can I retrieve them somehow?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I did everything in the last section of the region changing guide.
What guide are you referring to, and what did you do?

I was told that this wouldn't affect any of my data such as my Miis and Activity Log but now all of those are gone.
Did you do a System Format? And did something lead you to believe that wouldn't affect your data!?

ElaineFrost

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
What guide are you referring to, and what did you do?

Did you do a System Format? And did something lead you to believe that wouldn't affect your data!?
The region changing guide in the 3DS hacks guide website. Specifically section VI.

The person who sent me this guide on the 3DS homebrew Discord said this wouldn't affect any of my data, so I followed the guide without making a backup. When I asked them about this they said it wasn't supposed to happen. I still have a lot of things such as my games, saves and photos but like I said, stuff like Miis and the Activity Log are gone.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The person who sent me this guide on the 3DS homebrew Discord said this wouldn't affect any of my data,
Give more details. What did you do after completing the guide? You couldn't access your games etc. afterwards?
Did you do a system format, to make extended memory games work?
so I followed the guide without making a backup.
I thought you said you followed the guide? Making a nand is one of the necessary steps before doing a region change.
I still have a lot of things such as my games, saves and photos but like I said,
So you still have these
stuff like Miis and the Activity Log are gone.
But not these?

ElaineFrost

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Give more details. What did you do after completing the guide? You couldn't access your games etc. afterwards?
Did you do a system format, to make extended memory games work?

I thought you said you followed the guide? Making a nand is one of the necessary steps before doing a region change.

So you still have these

But not these?
I didn't do a full region change, I only did the things listed in the last section of that guide. I can play extended memory games now and yes, I have all my games and save data etc, but not Miis and Activity Log data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?