• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Should I be concerned that cias are taking forever to install? Like an 800 mb game is taking an hour.

Maybe. What is your SD Card rated at? Try doing a test on PC with CrystalDiskMark.

(update)
I get around 2.15MB/s with a card rated for (100MB/s READ + 60MB/s WRITE).

Last edited by WRO,
Reactions: EmulateLife

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I get 2 Mb tops but sometimes it drops to 250 Kb. I'm getting another sd card anyway so I won't worry about it for now.

I have another question I'm trying to run BootNTR on my New Nintendo 3DS XL 11.9 CFW. When I run BootNTR it says Error: unknown FIRM, access-checks could not be patched.

And on my computer I entered the IP address but get could not start remoteplay on the (N)3ds.

Anyone know why or how to fix?

Last edited by ,

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Yeah I get 2 Mb tops but sometimes it drops to 250 Kb. I'm getting another sd card anyway so I won't worry about it for now.

Well that is weird, my card gives me a constant 2.11MB/s to 2.15MB/s not sure what can cause that behaviour. As for BootNTR, I have no experience with that method.

Reactions: EmulateLife

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like BootNTR is abandonware and may just not work on 11.9. :( One of the reasons I bought a New Nintendo XL that I got in the mail today was to use my tv (that's hooked up to my computer) as a screen, oh well.

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Sounds like BootNTR is abandonware and may just not work on 11.9. :( One of the reasons I bought a New Nintendo XL that I got in the mail today was to use my tv (that's hooked up to my computer) as a screen, oh well.

No, it should work with all consoles, because it is based on a recovery mode that Nintendo technicians used I heard.

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Thats ntrboothax. Not the NTR cheats system. Very close named. but very different things.

Oops. What terrible name for cheat system, what does boot have to do with cheats anyways. hexNTR would be more suitable. Anyways, sorry about the misunderstanding.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone that can confirm BootNTR works on 11.9 that have done it themselves? Kinda pointless to try and troubleshoot my error if it can't be fixed.

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Is there some type of USB Installing app for 3DS or some FTP Installing app, to speed up the installation times?

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
no. the 3ds requires a hardmod to even use a usb on the console.

Link to the hard mod? Is it too intrusive? Will save me time from transfer files from PC to SD Card or just access the SD Card without
opening the console?

Thanks.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Link to the hard mod? Is it too intrusive? Will save me time from transfer files from PC to SD Card or just access the SD Card without
opening the console?

Thanks.
I honestly dont know. I know it requires hardware mods. But ive never been interested or wanted to do anything of the sorts.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What terrible name for cheat system, what does boot have to do with cheats anyways.
bootntr is not a cheat engine per-say. it was initially designed to be a piracy free cfw and features many functions not just cheats, although most features were added to modern cfws ntrboot still handles at least two one functions not included with modern cfws (cheats and streaming gameplay to a pc). when and to apply patches the cfw uses ntr mode (ntr is a shortened form of the nds's official development code-name nitro) to reboot the console . . . hence bootntr . . . most people downplayed the fact that it was its own cfw for two reasons first because it could be run simultaneously with other cfws and (mainly) because it (alone) did not allow for pirated game files to be played

"and now you know... and knowing is half the battle"

edit sorry luma has cheats (i ignore it usually as i dont cheat personally)

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: E1ite007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT