• Likes 43

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run it I get this

MMStotZ.png

Kinda hard to see I apologize. It says BootNTR 3.2 param is missing: ntrConfig->PMSvcRunAddr Error: Unknown FIRM, access-checks could not be patched. At the end it does say "waiting for user input" but it gives me an error on my computer too.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When I run it I get this

MMStotZ.png

Kinda hard to see I apologize. It says BootNTR 3.2 param is missing: ntrConfig->PMSvcRunAddr Error: Unknown FIRM, access-checks could not be patched. At the end it does say "waiting for user input" but it gives me an error on my computer too.
"Error: Unknown FIRM"... are you using the latest version of BootNTR?
For what I understand, BootNTR is trying to function in a firmware that it doesn't recognize.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you got me there i often forget . . . sorry i dont cheat myself
Yeah, for what I've tried, it doesn't work as good as NTR.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my problem is getting my computer to be on the same network as my N3DS. I'm dumb with this stuff. My 3ds in remote install the IP says 192.168.89.43. I put that in snickerstream. Then I go to my computers network connection and go to change that I went to properties then IPv4 changed IP address to 192.168.89.1 (not sure if this is right, or should it be 43?) subnet mask 255.255.255.0 would default gateway be 192.168.89.1?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think my problem is getting my computer to be on the same network as my N3DS. I'm dumb with this stuff. My 3ds in remote install the IP says 192.168.89.43. I put that in snickerstream. Then I go to my computers network connection and go to change that I went to properties then IPv4 changed IP address to 192.168.89.1 (not sure if this is right, or should it be 43?) subnet mask 255.255.255.0 would default gateway be 192.168.89.1?
im pretty sure you dont need to change pcs settings to get a network going with the 3ds console.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Link to the hard mod? Is it too intrusive? Will save me time from transfer files from PC to SD Card or just access the SD Card without
opening the console?

Thanks.
You already have B9S and Luma installed. No need for a hardmod. But you can read about it on the guide anyway.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(hardmod)

For the hardmod you have to solder wires to access the internal NAND of the console. You don't get access to the SD card by this. The 3DS hardmod does not enable you to plug mass storage (USB sticks) devices to the console to install CIAs from there.

Normally I don't use these boxes, but as there are some dangers and important points about hardmod:

• You need to be very good at soldering.
  • There is a risk of permanent damage beyond repair.
  • ntrboot (not BootNTR) normally can do anything a hardmod can. So why would you want do this instead of buying a flashcart?
  • You need a modified micro-SD adapter to connect the NAND to the computer through an SD-reader
  • Connecting the NAND directly with a micro-USB cable to a computer DESTROYS the NAND immediately! *BOOM*

To access the SD without opening the console (the one part of really bad design of N3DS and N3DSXL) use ftpd like Wormdood already suggested and a software e.g. Filezilla on the computer.
https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd
The outdated SMBv1 server given by the 3DS System Settings is not usable with recent versions of Windows 10.

Edit: Some corrections

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: WRO

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How would I go about deleting an installed backup .cia on my 3DS, especially when testing translation patches. Thanks.
(update)
Nevermind. You just need to use data management.

FBI is not deleting my cias after installing, why is this happening?

I know we talked this before, but you forgot to mention the recommend program at this time to convert .3ds to .cias.
Totally missed this one. So many replies in this thread over the night.
  • FBI has two options: "Install CIA(s)" and "Install and delete CIA(s)". I've never had a problem with any of this options... so... No idea if it does not work for you.
  • Data Management deletes only the software. FBI can delete the software and the ticket. (Don't delete system titles or things you don't know with FBI!!) But unless you have an extreme amount of tickets, it's no problem.
  • For 3DS→ CIA converting on the computer try 3DS Simple CIA converter. Read in the thread – don't ask me. I've never used it.
  • For 3DS→ CIA converting on the console: GodMode9 can do this: [The guide]
Danke nochmal für deine Hilfe
I love it when somebody adds some German sentence and hope the moderators accept this usage of a different language.
Gern geschehen! (You're welcome!)

I'm not really sure, could be wrong, but as far as I know:
  • NTR custom firmware was already there before ntrboothax was released.
  • The "boot" part in BootNTR stands for starting the NTR firmware.
  • The name "NTR" for a 3DS cfw does not make sense for me anyway as NTR was the name of the first DS(-phat):
ds_phat.jpg

The name"ntrboot" on the other side makes sense, because it boots a DS(=NTR cartridge).

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
  • For 3DS→ CIA converting on the computer try 3DS Simple CIA converter. Read in the thread – don't ask me. I've never used it.
  • For 3DS→ CIA converting on the console: GodMode9 can do this: [The guide]
[/SPOILER]

I checked a thread in Reddit, and apparently Simple CIA converter is outdated. The prefered tool to use is 3dsconv by ihaveamac.

Last edited by WRO,
Reactions: zoogie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked a thread in Reddit, and apparently Simple CIA converter is outdated. The prefered tool to use is 3dsconv by ihaveamac.
What? You find command lines more favorable to use than a standalone program that has a nice GUI that's simple to use: drag, drop, and click? Unless newer title releases of 3DS roms have somehow changed between the time Simple CIA Converter v5.0 was released until now, that program is hardly outdated.

Reactions: NFates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.