3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Missy

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    you are welcome and I now have the need to say

drink feck arse girls.

Lol nobody outside of Great Britain or Ireland will have a clue why I said that lol.

fatherjack likes this.
  2. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
    and just before I start - Steel Divers : Sub Wars is STILL available on eshop?

3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Should be unless Nintendo took it down, you need an NNID by the way to download it.

4. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
    will wiiU one do?

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Just create a seperate one, if you haven't linked one to the 3ds. If your 3DS get ban your wii u get ban, so keep them seperate. Atleast if they ban you they gotta go hunting for the rest of your accounts.

fatherjack likes this.
  6. GeeKeD

GeeKeD Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United States
    So i has been a while since I been part of this community. Last upgrade i did to my new 3ds was to 11.2.0-35u and now it looks like 11.4.0u is needed to play Ultra Sun. So I been trying to peruse the net for a clean tutorial from this to the other and i cant find one. Can you please help me figure out to upgrade to 11.4.0u from 11.2.0-35u orr if i really need it to be upgraded that far to begin with.

Any help is good help. Thanks in advance.

7. AwesomeSaucemGuy

AwesomeSaucemGuy GBAtemp Fan

Feb 11, 2017
    Canada
    What would be the contents and characteristics of an illegitimate CIA?

8. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    One that does not have a legit nintendo signed sig. Basically all of them that dont come preloaded on a console

9. AwesomeSaucemGuy

Feb 11, 2017
    Canada
    So this excludes all games? If that’s the case, getting a game cia from anywhere is always a legit cia that you can go online with, unless it’s been tampered or hacked?

10. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Pretty much all games are fine to go online with. Simply none that are early releases.

AwesomeSaucemGuy likes this.
  11. AwesomeSaucemGuy

Feb 11, 2017
    Canada
    So basically close to all game cias are legit cias that won’t get you banned by using online and that early release games are never meant to be used online until official release in hopes of not getting banned?

12. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The backup reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    CIAs you build yourself from cartridges or download from illegal sources are normally not legit CIAs (but won’t lead to a ban and going online is fine).

Legit CIA means valid ticket/valid signature. A legit installed CIA continues to work after uninstalling CFW (BAD IDEA!) which patches the signature checks. There are two kinds of legit CIAs:
    • Signed for a single console (titles bought on the Eshop)
    • Signed for all 2/3DS consoles (the preinstalled games @lone_wolf323 mentioned and system titles like the Home Menu itself, the crappy internet browser, Face Raiders, Download Play,…)
    GodMode9 can build legit CIAs from system titles (should be universal) and paid Eshop games (only usable for the console you build them on).
    Normally you should use the option “Build CIA (standard)” when dumping your games and only use the “Build CIA (legit)” for dumping system titles and maybe paid Eshop content (but it remains usable only on this particular console, so standard is still the better option)

A little warning: Do not play around with system titles, especially if you don’t have a (recent) NAND-backup and an ntrboot flashcart.

13. WallsAreLiquid

WallsAreLiquid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Russia
    I've not used my 3DS for some time. Now I want to play. There was firmware 11.6 with B9S and Luma3DS.
    I've updated Luma Updater. Next i've updated Luma3DS to 9.1 with it (giving permission to touch CTR-NAND) and FW to 11.9.
    I've deleted some old homebrew and reinstalled fresh CIAs with FBI (Checkpoint, ftpd).
    Did I've missed something or I am geared up?

14. liamurenyt
    This message by liamurenyt has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 13, 2019, Reason: Requesting warez links is strictly prohibited.
    Jan 13, 2019
  15. soguyswedidit

soguyswedidit Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    So I have an EU N3DS which I bought my EU copy of triforce heroes for, meaning to paly online w/ my american friend (NA N3DSXL), and I have latest Luma CFW installed through steelhax, and I've got myself a US copy of Triforce Heroes, and it won't let me play online, how can I do this?

16. HE1NZ

HE1NZ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Can I install Twilight Menu and play DSiWare in nds format on 3DS? Any other means? I recently find out I can't hack actual DSi to play them.

17. eoinzy

eoinzy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2015
    Hi,

I've stripped the screws on the back of my New 3DS. I want to upgrade to the latest hacks, as I haven't touched it in a long while.
    I'm on 11.3.0-36E.

Is there a way I can upgrade to the latest Luma etc over wireless?
    Or has anyone any tips on how I can get the back off to get at my SD card?

Thanks

18. Smokethemall

Smokethemall Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2019
    France
    1D4CB02D-B116-4394-859D-4D09EE774E96. 493155A1-70DD-4350-BEB2-F9625BC0DEC1. Hello, i m in the last firmware and I use Frogminer but I m stuck here when I click left box , I have a white page and I have to push home button to go back to menu
    I never arrive to this picture best regards
    Sorry for my English froggy in trouble with Frogminer

19. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The backup reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    That’s a bit strange. The end user is supposed to open the back cover; these screws are bigger than the others inside and not as tight. Depending on how badly the screws are stripped you can still get them out with the rubber band trick. There are other methods to get stripped screws out. However, you might “disimprove” your situation when trying harsh methods.

If you manage to get the screws lose, do not use them anymore. Try carefully removing them from the cover and replace them.

About the wireless access:
    1. Good method:
    If you already have ftpd (as installed CIA or 3DSX for the Homebrew Launcher) use Filezilla or another ftp client to push files to your micro-SD.

2. Bad method:
    In case you don’t have ftpd, use the crappy SMBv1 server the official firmware provides to push ftpd. When I say “crappy”, I mean crappy. As far as I know it does not work anymore with recent versions of Windows 10 because SMBv1 has been disabled for security reasons.

According to the Nintendo site it should work with Win 7/8.1 (any maybe also outdated Windows versions). I would really like to say “use a live Linux system if you only have Win 10”, but this is also not really good. I got it to work – sort of. References: [1], [2] (scroll down to the answer).

Once you have access to the microSD proceed normally with updating your hacks. With any wireless method you will need patience for uploading large files like game CIAs because the WiFi is slow. But better than nothing if you can't get it opened.

EDIT:
    If all else fails use fire a virtual machine with Windows 7/8.1 to connect to the smb server.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS USE FIRE (Quote from Zelda II)

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Jan 15, 2019
    eoinzy likes this.
  20. phzwzrd

phzwzrd Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    United Kingdom
  21. soguyswedidit

soguyswedidit Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2018
    United Kingdom