Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sighax was discovered by derrek, and its implementation (boot9strap) was made by a lot of people.
If it was discovered by derrek, why did people implement it before he implemented it? Unless he gave out the knowledge and then deliberately didn't implement it himself for months? Not disputing just wondering

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
>yifan
But I am not a Vita owner
Also, What is wrong with Cosmo3DS FW according to you? Its definitely not Cakes or Corbenik, but at least its better than Palantine and post 7.05 Luma with the overrated Rosalina app.
Yifan lu made Cosmo3DS. If you don't want Rosalina then use the legacy version. You should actually ask for what you want not what you think you need.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was discovered by derrek, why did people implement it before he implemented it? Unless he gave out the knowledge and then deliberately didn't implement it himself for months? Not disputing just wondering
there's plenty of reasons for this. someone else found another sighax signature before derrek decided to released it.
>yifan
But I am not a Vita owner
....... but Yifan Lu is the one who made Cosmo3DS.
Also, What is wrong with Cosmo3DS FW according to you? Its definitely not Cakes or Corbenik, but at least its better than Palantine and post 7.05 Luma with the overrated Rosalina app.
if you really want to use it, then go to https://github.com/yifanlu/Cosmo3DS - keep in mind you likely won't receive support for it here due to no interest, and most people not even knowing how to use it.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Because all he did was say at 33c3 "Oh look at this nice exploit I found in the bootROM that allows us to sign our own firmwares. It has this <insert very simplistic explanation of the flaw>". Then, he said that each sighax signature would take 6 months to brute force. He did not give any code, or any dumps, or any other hints at all. If I recall correctly, it was a few months before boot9strap was released that he showed a sneak peek of some sighax installer. After that, SciresM released boot9strap and shortly afterwards d0k3 released the sighaxed firm installer (aka SafeB9SInstaller). Derrek, from what I was able to read, is all show and hoards a lot of knowledge.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Because all he did was say at 33c3 "Oh look at this nice exploit I found in the bootROM that allows us to sign our own firmwares. It has this <insert very simplistic explanation of the flaw>". Then, he said that each sighax signature would take 6 months to brute force. He did not give any code, or any dumps, or any other hints at all. If I recall correctly, it was a few months before boot9strap was released that he showed a sneak peek of some sighax installer. After that, SciresM released boot9strap and shortly afterwards d0k3 released the sighaxed firm installer (aka SafeB9SInstaller). Derrek, from what I was able to read, is all show and hoards a lot of knowledge.
So basically SciresM and others had to re-discover it, essentially. Derrek just announced that it existed?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For more info about what was going on with sighax: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sighax-updates-and-discussion-thread.454821/

The situation was this:
Derrek did dump the bootrom and provided a simple explanation of how he did it.
He did not make the bootrom public though. Nor any of the code he used.

This means someone would have to develop code that exploits the Bootrom pointers and leads them to dumper code to dump the bootrom. Which is unstable and likely needs you to have a hardmod to trigger this very early exception without the chance of killing your device.

Reactions: Quantumcat

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I'm having trouble updating an N3DS' B9S.

I cannot load into chainloader as pressing start does nothing on boot.

If I hold Select on boot I can get into the Luma 7.1 menu.

Please help.

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1