• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Derpyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What were you doing beforehand? Blue screens are usually bad. Unless you're doing a hardmod, then it might be normal.
Well it was a couple years back. I was using a r4 card booting into gateway mode. The 3ds froze at a black screen. And when i turned it back off and back on the error screen popped up.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to mass delete games? For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to download a bunch of Virtual Console titles from the FreeShop despite already having those games on emulators on my 3DS. Going to the System Settings and manually hitting delete for all the stuff I want to delete takes a while to do. Is there a quick way to do this? Or actually, is there a way to increase the limit of 300 apps? If so, then this isn't an issue at all. And on that topic, do the CIAs I download count toward that 300 app limit?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
oh right... thanks. is that why on system settings it says "sys 11.0" as i'm not running emunand as it is?
Yeah you're not running emuNAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well it was a couple years back. I was using a r4 card booting into gateway mode. The 3ds froze at a black screen. And when i turned it back off and back on the error screen popped up.
Were you using a real Gateway card or a clone?

HelpDesk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
merry christmas gbatemp users.

as far as installing dsiware on a menuhax/emunand luma system. is just installing the cia through emunand in fbi to nand and sd not sufficient? i've read i must boot sysnand, access hbl then run luma or rxtools, then run fbi to install to nand. after that i boot into emunand and install the same cia to ... nand or sd? is installing to sysnand partition even possible from fbi when in emunand, i see quite a few install destination options. i'm wary as i never touch sysnand but really want to play risky's revenge again.

anyone who has actually done this and not just read a guide please answer. shame i don't have a9lh, it's as simple as installing to nand. shame.

anyway thanks and merry christmas.

Milo5789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Dumb question (sorry been out of the scene for a while :b), i started to run out of space on my sd and wanted to try a new one. I plan on using 64gb but is wondering whether using a larger sd will cause speed and or firmware problems I got al9h and emunand. Also I was wondering why safe al9h installer unsafe now because i wanna use it for another 3ds but the "guide" says use ctr transfer on 2.1 instead of 9.2 thingy

No problems at all, just make sure the SD card is formatted to FAT32.
And, about the safeal9h installer (OTPless I suppose) cause random bricks, with no way of recovery other than hardmod and a previous NAND backup.

Last edited by Milo5789,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
anyone who has actually done this and not just read a guide please answer
It's been about a year since anyone has had to do this so probably you won't find anyone who will remember. Why do you want to install DSiWare to your console anyway? If it's to play, fine, but if it's to do any sort of DSiWare downgrade it will not work. You have to buy the game for it to transfer.

Edit: I can see you misunderstand what NAND and SD mean. NAND means system memory and SD means the Nintendo 3DS folder where your games get installed. In sysNAND, the NAND is the actual physical system memory. On emuNAND, a partition is made on your SD card that pretends to be the system memory. If you install something to NAND in emuNAND, it will get installed in this partition. This is definitely nothing to do with installing it in sysNAND! Installing the wrong things to NAND (should only be system titles and DSiWare) then you get little black icons on your home menu that won't go away.

If you install something to SD, it gets installed to the Nintendo 3DS folder. To the id associated with your sysNAND if you do it in sysNAND and to the id associated with emuNAND if you install it on emuNAND.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Is there a way to backup legit cia install saves having only homebrew access? I'm trying to use the 3dsx version of JKSM but after selecting it in the homebrew launcher, it only shows Cubic Ninja (My entrypoint).

EDIT: Also, upon opening Cubic Ninja through JKSM, it crashes on a yellow screen.

Thanks

Last edited by Kinqdra,

GreenWins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the scene for a few months. I'm on version 11.0.0-33u is it safe to update? I have a9lh and everything already. Just curious if I need to update anything else before updating the system.

HelpDesk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for helpful reply, very informative.

got dsiware working fine now.

to do just run a patched sysnand, luma or rxtools, then start fbi either through hbl or injected hs.app and install dsiware .cia to destination NAND(installing to SD won't work as dsiware must be installed on system). reboot into your emunand and run fbi again, select same .cia file and also set install destination to NAND. unwrap dsiware title and play in emunand. ofcourse, exiting software using home button causes a system reset, this is normal.

now to save scuttletown once again!

would be nice to find a way to stretch top screen to fit and get rid of black bars, if anyone knows please tell.

enjoy and merry christmas.

Sascha93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
i'm actually performing a downgrade to FW Version 9.2.0 from 11.2, i have already downgraded the NFIRM, but when I try to downgrade to 9.2, SysDowngrader keeps telling me:
"firmware files are not for this device region". Although I downloaded the EU files....
Any ideas what would help?

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there anyway of getting rid of the Nintendo Health and safety app altogether off the home screen on a hacked 3Ds? If so, how?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TudorBlue,

Sascha93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DSC_0070.JPG
Hey,
i've got an other problem again:(
I've downgraded the NFIRM from my 11.2 3DS and followed the instructions from 3ds.guide .
Everything went well, until the part of downgrading to 9.2 came up.
Maybe I have only a partial downgrade, because I can't load Decrypt9 for the next step of the guide, but I don't know:unsure:
But when I try to follow the guide to fix the partial downgrade with SysDowngrader, it only gives me the error seen on the photo and freezes there.

I really hope that someone can help me with this:bow:

Sascha93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
View attachment 72701 Hey,
i've got an other problem again:(
I've downgraded the NFIRM from my 11.2 3DS and followed the instructions from 3ds.guide .
Everything went well, until the part of downgrading to 9.2 came up.
Maybe I have only a partial downgrade, because I can't load Decrypt9 for the next step of the guide, but I don't know:unsure:
But when I try to follow the guide to fix the partial downgrade with SysDowngrader, it only gives me the error seen on the photo and freezes there.

I really hope that someone can help me with this:bow:

Okay, after some hours of trying out different things, i finally solved it, if someone else might be interested.
It seemed that it was only a partial downgrade.
The solution was installing menuhax to enter the homebrewchannel (not the browser-entrypoint), then perform the downgrade again and after that Decrypt9 opened at the first try with browserhax. :)

Steve Antony Williams

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got an N3DS, a big MicroSD an a brand new OOT, now I'm reading I need something called "PowerSaves", is that right? m I just want a CFW for RetroArch and SCUMM etc. I don't think I'm ever going to get CFW, all the guides are about as clear as mud to me.

Last edited by Steve Antony Williams,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol