Hardware 3DS Newbie question

efiste2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies if this has been asked before but we have bought the boy a 3DS for his birthday on Sunday.....It was a last minute request so I have not done my homework....Here is the quetsion that i am sure you guys will help me with....CAN I PLUG MY ACEKARD 2I into the 3DS as it comes out of the box. The ACEKARD has been updated with the latest AKAIO and works fine on his NDS...Please if pioss keep tany answers in lamens terms as I have no experience of updates on DS's etc etc my knowledge extends to updating the AKAIO thats about it......

efiste2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What happens if the 3DS wants a firmware update etc, do we allow it to download or install updates, or do we have to prevent it updating. Is there a chance that the 3DS will lock ot or some other problem through using the aceKard 2i.............Thanks for helping me out, its much appreciated!!!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
CAN I PLUG MY ACEKARD 2I into the 3DS as it comes out of the box.
yesNot strictly true - it depends on how old your Acekard 2i is and what version firmware the 3DS has (I'm assuming you mean the 3ds straight out of the box when you said 'CAN I PLUG MY ACEKARD 2I into the 3DS as it comes out of the box' and not the acekard)

IF the 3DS has a firmware of 2.1.0 then you may have a problem...find out by selecting 'system settings' (white icon with a spanner) - the version number is shown on top screen bottom right corner

Older acekard 2i with a hardware number (or HW:) of 44 cannot (currently) work on this firmware version, but cards with other numbers can be

To find out what your acekard HW is.... In AKAIO - press start > more > help
At the bottom of the screen is HW: xx (where xx is a number) - this is the hardware number

If your acekard is one of the other number (I think 81 and 88 are the numbers) & doesn't work on the 3DS (check first) - then the firmware of the acekard needs updating which you can find on the Acekard site (top link IIRC)

You just need to put the appropriate file onto the root of the microSD card
- one has 'dsl' in the title - if you update on a DSLite
- the other has 'dsi' in the title - if you update on a dsi
and run it to update the firmware

(Unfortunately I can't tell you what you'll see when updating because my AK2i is a HW:44 & can't be updated)

QUOTE(efiste2 @ Aug 23 2011, 08:37 PM)
What happens if the 3DS wants a firmware update etc, do we allow it to download or install updates, or do we have to prevent it updating. Is there a chance that the 3DS will lock ot or some other problem through using the aceKato see if the update block the acekard - & if it does, then wait until a firmware update comes from the Acekard team first...

If the 3DS asks for an update I would suggest NOT to update straight away.
Check on GBATemp to see if the update block the acekard first & if it does - wait & check to see if the Acekard team bring out a firmware update

THEN Update the firmware of the flashcard first THEN update the 3DS afterwards

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
The acekard should support the latest 2.1.0-4 3ds firmware. you should probs make sure the acekard has the latest bootloader update and firmware on it.

Here is the latest bootloader update for your acekard-

QUOTE said:

If you are using a ds lite to update your card you need the ak2ifw_update_3ds21__DSi143_onDSL_NO44 file, put the file on your cards sdcard and boot the acekard up in your ds lite.

You can find the newest AKAIO 1.8.8 link on here somewere if you search.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.