3DS Newbie question

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by efiste2, Aug 23, 2011.

Aug 23, 2011

3DS Newbie question by efiste2 at 9:15 PM (886 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. efiste2
    OP

Newcomer efiste2 Member

United Kingdom
    Apologies if this has been asked before but we have bought the boy a 3DS for his birthday on Sunday.....It was a last minute request so I have not done my homework....Here is the quetsion that i am sure you guys will help me with....CAN I PLUG MY ACEKARD 2I into the 3DS as it comes out of the box. The ACEKARD has been updated with the latest AKAIO and works fine on his NDS...Please if pioss keep tany answers in lamens terms as I have no experience of updates on DS's etc etc my knowledge extends to updating the AKAIO thats about it......

2. adammay02

Newcomer adammay02 Member

United Kingdom
  3. efiste2
    OP

Newcomer efiste2 Member

United Kingdom
    What happens if the 3DS wants a firmware update etc, do we allow it to download or install updates, or do we have to prevent it updating. Is there a chance that the 3DS will lock ot or some other problem through using the aceKard 2i.............Thanks for helping me out, its much appreciated!!!

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    If the 3DS asks for an update I would suggest NOT to update straight away.
    Check on GBATemp to see if the update block the acekard first & if it does - wait & check to see if the Acekard team bring out a firmware update

THEN Update the firmware of the flashcard first THEN update the 3DS afterwards

5. efiste2
    OP

Newcomer efiste2 Member

United Kingdom
    That is GREAT advice, Many Thanks to you guys!!!

6. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The acekard should support the latest 2.1.0-4 3ds firmware. you should probs make sure the acekard has the latest bootloader update and firmware on it.

Here is the latest bootloader update for your acekard-

If you are using a ds lite to update your card you need the ak2ifw_update_3ds21__DSi143_onDSL_NO44 file, put the file on your cards sdcard and boot the acekard up in your ds lite.

You can find the newest AKAIO 1.8.8 link on here somewere if you search.

7. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Wait...so he asks a question that could have been answered with not even a search but a browse of the topic page could have told him that it works and were not flaming? Who divided by zero again?