ROM Hack 3DS Mii Modifier (Computer Utility)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 87,061
  • Replies 400
  • Likes 24
D

Deleted User

OP
Sorry, I don't know how to do that either. (I'm such a noob) :mellow:

EDIT: Sorry, my problem is I don't know who is a mod.

EDIT 2: Okay, move requested! Thanks for letting me know guys!

Last edited by ,

Green Mii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I used the program on several Miis in one go. It worked great, except it turned all the modified Miis' skin color to white and their faces to the default one. Has this happened to anyone else?

D

Deleted User

OP
@Green Mii : I've never had that happen to me.

I'm unsure why that would happen as I don't think I am even writing within that area (as far as I know)

I would as well like to know if that has happened to anyone else in general.

Sorry though Green Mii, are you able to recover your previous Miis?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I'm unsure why that would happen as I don't think I am even writing within that area (as far as I know)

In my case, for example, I put gold pants to one of my Miis, but after restore, only its face form was different (color and other characteristics were same old). I suppose that was not a big issue, but...

Edit: Good news! If anyone be interest on it, I've just builded an alternative program for "fixcrc" that works fine on WinXP. Code is not mine, just build it (on gcc compiler)! Here is the original source and build. I attach my builded file! Thanks to @MrCheeze (original source code creator) and @Méga-Mew (for fortuitously advice me about that).

Attachments

• mii_checksum_XP.rar
    25.5 KB · Views: 322
Last edited by fmkid,

Green Mii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, recover in the sense that I just edited them back to what they were. Not really a big issue for me, anyway. Just wanted to let y'all know about it, though.

D

Deleted User

OP
@fmkid : Just to let you know, for anyone who uses that program they'll have to have it named fixcrc.exe, and the filepath will have to be provided by an argument. (It also needs to close itself).

However, this might not work as the fixcrc.exe outputs one line before the actual checksum, so they might not be compatible.

I can look towards compatibility if it's wanted, but currently I haven't been making too many changes.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@fmkid : Just to let you know, for anyone who uses that program they'll have to have it named fixcrc.exe, and the filepath will have to be provided by an argument. (It also needs to close itself).

However, this might not work as the fixcrc.exe outputs one line before the actual checksum, so they might not be compatible.

I can look towards compatibility if it's wanted, but currently I haven't been making too many changes.
Well, for me, at least: "fixcrc.exe" you provided is not working anyway on XP. "mii_checksum.exe" I builded from MrCheeze source code works fine on XP!... I've made many changes to my CFL_DB.dat file and all of this have effect, then I suppose CRC is fixed well with "mii_checksum.exe"...

Only relevant diference between "fixcrc" and "mii_checksum" is that second one automatically modifies CRC on CFL_DB.dat, and first one don't (only shows what CRC should be changed). Obviously, your program use "fixcrc" and then modifies CRC automatically (just that part fails for me).

D

Deleted User

OP
@fmkid : Okay, thanks for letting me know. If people keep having problems with XP, I'll see what I can do :lol:

D

Deleted User

OP
I actually don't know what could be causing that, so as a result I don't know how to fix it.

Sorry. :cry:

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
DAMMIT. I missed this post because I was at the other thread doing a lot of back-reading THE DAY THIS POST WAS MADE.

I already manually edited my two mains, lol. Ah well, might as well get this for any other fancy pants I wish to make down the line.

--The--Way-->

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey GamerDudeK, I remember seeing Huntereb having sparkly gold pants and a gold menu. I also remember reading that people were getting level 5 wandering heroes in Find Mii. When I used this program, it gave me gold pants, but no sparkle. Also no gold menu and level 5 wandering heroes. Could you tell me why?

D

Deleted User

OP
@--The--Way--> I believe that is because those effects only happen if it is main Mii. I currently don't have support for editing the main Mii as stated in the program and the first post. I remember reading somewhere in this thread that it might be possible to change if your main Mii is a celebrity or not.

Is this a feature that people may want?

I haven't been working on this too much recently, but I do have some features I should probably add.

As well, thanks again to everyone who is using this! :yaynds:

Reactions: DrakeLyon

--The--Way-->

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh okay. Just wanted to know since I saw people having those features I mentioned. I also kinda want level 5 wandering heroes. I also want to know if gold pants miis created with this program show up on other systems when streetpassed.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh okay. Just wanted to know since I saw people having those features I mentioned. I also kinda want level 5 wandering heroes. I also want to know if gold pants miis created with this program show up on other systems when streetpassed.
I've got a 'fancy pants' mii on both my o3ds and n3dsxl, and I can confirm that when I 'pass myself' the mii shows with gold/sparkly pants and has a gold menu in streetpass plaza.
I've also noticed some other benefits of having gold mii's visit in streetpass plaza; a gold mii in miiforce will give an extra special weapon (a satellite that moves around your ship firing), a gold mii in battle will give 10,000 troops, if you team up with a gold mii in mansion they will give increased stats (if you don't team up but accept an item it seems to always be a large health increase), a gold mii in quest will always be lvl 5... I also suspect that gold mii's in fishing open up the 'hidden' special species (gold koi etc), but this may just be random and have coincided with when I've had a gold mii in my party.

Having a 'fancy pants' mii gives no advantage to yourself, but is a definite benefit to anyone you streetpass.

Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte