Hardware 3DS loose hinge

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the 3DS delivered... it had a really loose hinge unfortunately, and you can hear a loud click when it snaps into place. Bought another from best buy, this one doesn't have an audible click and the hinge is not loose! Going to return the one with the loose hinge back to overstock and keep the one from BB.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it not meant to click?
laugh.gif

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
KingVamp said:
laugh.gif

my first one (which was more wobbly than what I felt acceptable) clicked loudly, I returned it for another, less wobble and no noisy click yet sturdy.

this is my experience as well. the first one i got clicked loudly and was quite loose. the second one is very sturdy, and it does snap into place but there is no click.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melter said:
DigitalDeviant said:
KingVamp said:
laugh.gif

my first one (which was more wobbly than what I felt acceptable) clicked loudly, I returned it for another, less wobble and no noisy click yet sturdy.

this is my experience as well. the first one i got clicked loudly and was quite loose. the second one is very sturdy, and it does snap into place but there is no click.
OK, found out mine doesn't click either...
shy.gif

Tho does it bother you that much?

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Melter said:
DigitalDeviant said:
KingVamp said:
laugh.gif

OK, found out mine doesn't click either...
shy.gif

Tho does it bother you that much?

the click? not at all. the hinge wobble did annoy me quite a bit though.

matw01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i hear allot of people claiming that there 3DS has a hinge that isn't at all loose but i am yet to see video evidence of such a hinge.

anyone else seen a video of one?, I'm not saying they don't exist just seems that not many people have seen them.

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matw01 said:
i hear allot of people claiming that there 3DS has a hinge that isn't at all loose but i am yet to see video evidence of such a hinge.

anyone else seen a video of one?, I'm not saying they don't exist just seems that not many people have seen them.

well mine is definatly not 100% tight so that it wont even budge, but it does not wobble at all by just moving the 3DS. I can make a video if you want.

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matw01 said:
does the screen fall slightly forward if you tilt the 3ds forward when open?

nope thats what i meant by the previous post. The 3DS i sent back to overstock did do that, but the one i got from best buy does not.

matw01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
seems that its quite dificult to get one that doesn't do it, seen many threads about people swapping there 3ds and the replacement being the same or worse.

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read that as well, Im glad I got a good one though.

Also the 3DS I got with the loose hinge had it's serial number sticker aligned poorly. about 1/4 of the sticker extended past the little box where it's suppose to be.

I miss the days when nintendo manufactured their systems in japan (like my original game boy advance glacier, and my kiwi green game boy color before that).

matw01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
think ill stick with mine at the risk of ending up with one that's allot worse, i have an aluminum case that sorts the wobble whilst playing AR games.

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
My 3ds makes a squeeky sound everytime i open/close the system is this defective like daku93 video on the 1st page?

D

Deleted User

1) You might want to add a poll to this
2) My 3DS is wobbly like my 5 year old DS Lite

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't intend for this to turn into another thread asking whether or not your 3DS hinge was loose or not, I just wanted to know if it was determined from the previous threads whether or not the loose hinge is indeed a defect or if it was intentionally made that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153