Hacking 3Ds LL problems with NTRBootHax/MagnetHax (Connot boot into safeb9installer

MamaAuxist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I seem to have run into a problem with my 3ds LL and magnethax/ntrboothax and I was wondering if its only me with that problem or if others have experienced it as well. I have recently modded and cfw'd my New 3ds XL on firmware 11.5 with the new ntrboothax and it works like a charm! However when trying to do it on my 3ds LL (Japanese Model), Not only does it seem the sleep mode switch for the magnet to touch is not in its usual spot, but once I touch it on the switch (2nd and 3rd picture) I am not able to turn it on at all in order to boot into safeb9installer.

I have tried turning it on and quickly moving the magnet to the sleep location, but I know it needs to be there before I power in order to work. All the files I have been using for the exploit are proper and have all been checked numerous times.

Does anyone have a solution or could shed some insight on this ordeal?
Snapchat-1741158183.jpg
*The above picture shows where I had thought it was originally but it doesn't activate sleep mode.

Snapchat-1292271505.jpg
*This 2nd picture above shows where the sleep switch actually is on my 3ds LL. There seems to be a metal rod on the border of the screen because my magnet is attracted to it.

Snapchat-2081912627.jpg

*This last picture shows that the magnet is on the sleep switch position but it disallows me to even turn on my system or hold the given button to launch ntrboothax.

Any help is wanted and if anyone else is having this problem, feel free to join the thread.

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to hold the power button for a few seconds when turning it on. I think that could be the only thing that's going wrong, but I'm not sure

MamaAuxist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to hold the power button for a few seconds when turning it on. I think that could be the only thing that's going wrong, but I'm not sure

As stated , I am not allowed to turn it on while its on the sleep switch. It doesn't allow me.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
As stated , I am not allowed to turn it on while its on the sleep switch. It doesn't allow me.

On any old3ds, the system won't turn on while the sleep switch is engaged unless you have the ntrboot combo pressed.
You also have to hold down the power button for a couple of seconds.

Last edited by zoogie,

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On any old3ds, the system won't turn on while the sleep switch is engaged unless you have the ntrboot combo pressed.
You also have to hold down the power button for a couple of seconds.
Yep. Just tested on my o3DS and you are correct. So OP, you have to do the NTRBoot combination which is holding START, SELECT, and X while holding power to turn on the system for it to work

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
maybe they manufactured a few units with the bootrom exploit fixed then proceeded to unfix it for the n3ds eye

But seriously, have you ever had any issue with unresponsive buttons or stuff like that? just make sure all the buttons needed for bootntr to function are working ok, might also be worth pulling the battery for a few mins to ensure there are no trapped goomba spirits lurking in the console, also just ensure you hold all the buttons before pressing the power button and keep the combo + power button held down simultaniously for about 5 seconds and it should at the very least power on

Reactions: Quantumcat

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the NTRboot cart working correctly?

Insert modified cart, put the magnet in place, push the button combo, push the power button (several seconds). Remove the magnet. That should work if NTRboot is well installed into the cart.

Last edited by EmuAGR,

MamaAuxist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the NTRboot cart working correctly?

Insert modified cart, put the magnet in place, push the button combo, push the power button (several seconds). Remove the magnet. That should work if NTRboot is well installed into the cart.
Cart is working great. Everything works except booting into safeb9.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Start + Select + X + Power pressed, the system will turn on regardless of anything else. If it doesn't, then it sounds like it is not registering the button presses.

flow349

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
same here but no one knows an answer where i asked. they all said itsthe flashcard or the microsd but they are working.
get you dumps of boot9, boot11 and otp to yout boot9strap folder on yours 3ds microsd card?

D

Deleted User

Reviving this since just came across this same problem

No matter what I tried would not boot while sleeping or with start pressed down

How I timed it

You have to 1st turn on 3ds then immediately hold button combo and place magnet - Has to be all done before the little flash you see on black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: the bread's too big for yours (and, before you ask, waaayyy too big for mine lmao)