shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
The 3DS would have been a lot better if it had a better camera. Even my phone has a 5 megapixel camera.
WOULD??????

WHEN did you just time traveled to 2011???
wtf.gif

ONLY time lords can go in a time machine and the ONE time lord on GBATEMP is ProtoKun7 (not really but he says he is )
laugh.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Time Agents have vortex manipulators. There are other ways of time travel.

Also, the 3DS takes 3D pictures. These cannot be easily viewed on anything but the 3DS. And the camera resolution is greater than the 3DS screen its self. A higher resolution camera would be frivolous.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
Oh, I knew it was a container
biggrin.gif
MP4 is also a container. If they did have MKV I would hope that they would use the H264 codec.
And I agree. Ninty probably isn't going to use it.

Agree, the music player in DSi doesn't even support MP3, which is ridiculous. How does the video work on Wii - I recall they were using shitty MotionJPEG ? Too bad NVidia's Tegra hasn't been chosen, it supports 720p H.264 decoding out of the box...

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
jimwhat said:
biggrin.gif
MP4 is also a container. If they did have MKV I would hope that they would use the H264 codec.

Agree, the music player in DSi doesn't even support MP3, which is ridiculous. How does the video work on Wii - I recall they were using shitty MotionJPEG ? Too bad NVidia's Tegra hasn't been chosen, it supports 720p H.264 decoding out of the box...

Tegra would really highten the price if I've read correctly on it.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deathmore said:
AaronUzumaki said:
Deathmore said:
AaronUzumaki said:
Didn't Nintendo say that the 3DS will have the biggest launch library ever?
they said it's the biggest third party launch support for a nintendo system how ever all I can see making launch is dj hero 3d and the ea sports games with the rest to follow after the release

Yeah, that's what I meant. Because of this, I can assume that several, if not, most of the third part games that were officially announced will make there way to launch day. Plus, I expect Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, and some other first part releases as well. So, even if they don't have all the games shown at launch, the launch library should still be really good.
I can expect, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, EA sports titles, DJ Hero 3D, OOT, Nintendogs and Cats (2 versions possibly). And that's what I can think of unfortunately I don't believe AC will be released with launch, I think MK 3DS has a chance so that it'll take use of tag mode but do I really want to get my hopes up, knowing ninty it'll probably released a few weeks later.

Pilot Wings was a playable demo, so that should be expected for launch. I'm also thinking Sims 3, Professor Layton, Samurai Warriors, Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon. Maybe Ridge Racer too, but I don't know about that.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian10122 said:
pachura said:
jimwhat said:
biggrin.gif

Tegra would really highten the price if I've read correctly on it.
Yeah it would have, also guessing what everyone has been saying their using the 2008 model which you do need to think about.

Timeline time
rolleyes.gif

What we know is the in 2009 Project Sora was formed. Sora Ltd was the first company outside of nintendo to receive the dev kit, of course the first team being the Pokemon Company. Now then if 2009 was when they distributed dev kits to third parties, then that means the kit must have been finalized in 2008 if what people are saying about the 2008 model, there for at that time the graphics chip was brand new, also note in 2008 the tegra was also announced this means that they only ordered tegra to test out against the pica200 thus making pica overall choice for ninty.

Also to pachura I think nintendo didn't want MP3 support because of like license fees or something. Also they removed it from wii with photo channel 2.0

Also you're taking about 720p, but why? Firstly you would need a screen that could support 1280X720 resolution, and thats not all, making a screen having a higher res than it's size is expensive. Also it does take quite some power, I know, my old PC would go into 100% when trying to watch in HD.

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
jimwhat said:
I don't think it would drain it too much seeing as the PSP2 is going to use it.
Actually, the word is that the PSP2 is using the Tegra 2, and it wasn't showcased at E3 due to technical difficulties with the chip. Chiefly, massacred battery life.

Edit: http://www.psp-hacks.com/2010/07/15/rumour...power-problems/

Even if it had battery usage problems, why wouldn't they show it at E3. The consoles at E3 are connected to power, so nobody would've noticed. That is, unless the PSP2 somehow uses energy faster than it can recharge it.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Heh. Hard to say. Perhaps they can't get around the issue, and are contemplating switching chips. Would Sony show PSP2s running Tegras on the E3 showfloor if they were planning to switch the chips? You know the PSP2's showing will be all about the device's raw graphics power. They have to know what they're using before they show it off.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dter ic said:
ONLY time lords can go in a time machine and the ONE time lord on GBATEMP is ProtoKun7 (not really but he says he is )
laugh.gif
dry.gif

smileipb2.png
They aren't the only ones that can use them, you know.

And considering that the cameras for the 3DS are designed for the 3DS when it came to looking at or editing the pictures, you'd end up zooming to ridiculous levels as well with higher resolution cameras.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Dter ic said:
laugh.gif
dry.gif

smileipb2.png

And considering that the cameras for the 3DS are designed for the 3DS when it came to looking at or editing the pictures, you'd end up zooming to ridiculous levels as well with higher resolution cameras.

(thought i did something wromg there, then the spoiler
smileipb2.png
) i know they arn't but you the only one that say that you can travel back in time

OT: so the 3DS camera is going to be a better since they say that they can take 3DS PICS (EPIC wait untuil i get the first 3DS in my school and ill ipload them on fb and say "3D PIC TAKEN BY 3DS"
smileipb2.png

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dter ic said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Dter ic said:
laugh.gif
dry.gif

smileipb2.png

(thought i did something wromg there, then the spoiler
smileipb2.png
) i know they arn't but you the only one that say that you can travel back in time

OT: so the 3DS camera is going to be a better since they say that they can take 3DS PICS (EPIC wait untuil i get the first 3DS in my school and ill ipload them on fb and say "3D PIC TAKEN BY 3DS"
smileipb2.png
Forward in time, definitely.
smileipb2.png

I think the fact that the pictures will be 3D will be enough to distract people from the resolution at the moment. I would prefer it if the resolution was higher though.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Brian10122 said:
k I think we're all having nerdgasms already. you're about 2 months late bud
I had a nerdgasm the moment it was revealed by Nintendo of Japan.
My sig even said so at the time.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Brian10122 said:
k I think we're all having nerdgasms already. you're about 2 months late bud
I had a nerdgasm the moment it was revealed by Nintendo of Japan.
My sig even said so at the time.

I wasn't so excited in April, because at that point it was nothing special. When they unveiled at E3 I learned how epic it was gonna be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water