• Start date
  • Views 14,149
  • Replies 108

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Star Fox 3DS is great and all but the single 3DS title that makes this a must-buy is Zelda: Ocarina of Time!

- Awesome Top Screen

The touch screen might not be anything special but the top one sure is! It's a beautiful 16:9 screen. Fuck the PSP's screen. This one is much better! Sexy 16:9 top screen combined with an awesome touch screen. That's epic win!
Actually the screen is 5:3 meaning 15:9 and NOT 16:9

Also Fuck OOT, I don't want that game.
hate2.gif
no it's not the must buy title

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Midna said:
When you think about it, the 3DS has a 15:9 screen. What the hell is the point of that? Would it be that hard just to add a few more pixels on the sides? Oh well. For Widescreen movies there will either be a slight cutoff on the sides, or horizontal black bars on the top and bottom. Perhaps a choice between the two. Not an ideal situation, but it shouldn't be too bad because the screen difference is pretty small.

Actually, many laptops sold nowadays are 16:10, not 16:9. 3DS is going to be something in between: 16:9.6. That's barely an issue when watching movies; slight overscan will do the trick.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
foob said:
SoulSnatcher said:
- Awesome Top Screen
The touch screen might not be anything special but the top one sure is! It's a beautiful 16:9 screen. Fuck the PSP's screen. This one is much better! Sexy 16:9 top screen combined with an awesome touch screen. That's epic win!

How do you figure it's 16:9?
It's not.

16 dividied by 9 = 1.77778:1

http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/
It's actually a 400x240 screen.
400 divided by 240 = 5/3 = 1.6667:1

You can tell just by looking at it that it's not a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Supposedly 400 pixels per eye when they state 800x240 (which again isn't 16:9, even if it were really 800x240)

Bottom line

The 3DS doesn't have a standard 16:9 ratio widescreen.
You went through all that just to disprove me. Quite frankly, you came across as an asshole.
Somebody else already told me about the 16:9 mistake.
And yet you didn't go back and edit your original post to correct your mistake...?
unsure.gif

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The 3DS will be banned shortly after launch.
Something that awesome is a health hazard.
Everybody knows that it's too dangerous to let around public.
Nobody will be able to tell the difference between real and fake and anymore...
LOL JK

But anyway, FINALLY A GREAT POST!
The Wii is a great powered console but the 3DS being more powerful than the Wii!
The possibilities are endless, A touch screen and 3D wide screen and powerful with excellent wi-fi.
Plus the fact of Mario Kart 3DS...
3D Mario Kart!? OH SCORE!!!
And if Super Smash Bros. comes onto it...Well...
Well i gotta end this now cause i'm drooling on the keyboard.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
The 3DS will be banned shortly after launch.
Something that awesome is a health hazard.
Everybody knows that it's too dangerous to let around public.
Nobody will be able to tell the difference between real and fake and anymore...
LOL JK

But anyway, FINALLY A GREAT POST!
The Wii is a great powered console but the 3DS being more powerful than the Wii!
The possibilities are endless, A touch screen and 3D wide screen and powerful with excellent wi-fi.
Plus the fact of Mario Kart 3DS...
3D Mario Kart!? OH SCORE!!!
And if Super Smash Bros. comes onto it...Well...
Well i gotta end this now cause i'm drooling on the keyboard.
Yeah seeing the 3DS being more powerful than the wii, then what will the PSP2 be? A PS2.99999999999 portable recurring
rolleyes.gif
?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
FireGrey said:
PSP2 gonna suck...Sony already lost.
PSPGo= $350 so the PSP2 will be like $500
Win.

Anyhow, for the sake of Sony's own company, they wait till after the 3DS launch. Than start making announcements and just await to copy cat 3D or not.
At least the PSP2 will have better graphics and:
Ability to remove features, like Other OS/USB Mode/External Memory support.
Ability to make you a pirate as soon you backup/download a backup of a movie, and go shit about the sound is not equal to the original movie if you bought it. Yet you can't plug a Blu-ray movie into your PSP2's UMD drive.
closedeyes.gif

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
PSP2 gonna suck...Sony already lost.
No, the PSP-3000 is $149.99. Typical fanboyish behaviour screw you. You've never played the PSP never will and won't ever know how good it really is. Go screw yourself

Adr990 said:
QUOTE(FireGrey @ Aug 9 2010, 10:38 AM) PSP2 gonna suck...Sony already lost.
Win.

Anyhow, for the sake of Sony's own company, they wait till after the 3DS launch. Than start making announcements and just await to copy cat 3D or not.
At least the PSP2 will have better graphics and:
Ability to remove features, like Other OS/USB Mode/External Memory support.
Ability to make you a pirate as soon you backup/download a backup of a movie, and go shit about the sound is not equal to the original movie if you bought it. Yet you can't plug a Blu-ray movie into your PSP2's UMD drive.
closedeyes.gif
The PSP has no piracy options anymore, even though most games won't allow it to be pirated.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Popid said:
"- Launch Titles
Resident Evil: Revelations has the most amazing graphics I've seen on a handheld system. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater looks amazing! I'm glad Kojima is making it into an actual 3DS game! Mario Kart 3DS is an obvious choice. I hope to see how Nintendo makes use of 3D visuals in Mario Kart. Star Fox 3DS is great and all but the single 3DS title that makes this a must-buy is Zelda: Ocarina of Time!"

Except unfortunately you'll find that none of those are actual launch titles, I don't think? I know Resident Evil isn't, cos capcom recently announced no games for the 3ds this fiscal year (ie through march 2011)..which was a bummer to me cos I was hoping Super Street Fighter 4 3DS at least might be a ways into development..but yeah. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater was just a tech demo they made to show capabilities of the 3DS about a month before it was shown, which is why it was subtitled: "The Naked Sample"...I can't remember if Kojima has said they will still make it or if he said they're gonna make something new and different. I think the latter. Zelda was just a tech demo and they're only considering remaking it also, last I read. Mario Kart is a real full game but I don't think nintendo have actually confirmed that it's a launch title. Star Fox 3DS could be, maybe - anyone know? The only one I know of for sure, off the top of my head, that is due at launch is Kid Icarus

frankly I do feel that it was a tiny bit of a cheat to have all those amazing-looking 'games' from such cool franchises and then turn around and say no sorry, just tech demos, or no sorry, won't be coming for god knows how long..
Incorrect.
Zelda: Ocarina of Time is going to be remaked. Nintendo has confirmed it.
Metal Gear Solid is not a tech demo anymore...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=239...=0&start=0T

I suppose I was incorrect to call them launch titles, though since most of them won't be launch titles.

Didn't Nintendo say that the 3DS will have the biggest launch library ever?

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
I can watch 3D movies and play music straight on this!

Speaking of 3D movies, that's something that nobody's talking about for the 3DS yet.

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo plays this one out. I am not expecting a great movie / portable media player push from Nintendo with the 3DS. Right now I just can't see the 3DS as the ideal or even mediocre movie player (at least as far as non-3D goes). In other words, I can't see myself watching movies while travelling with this thing like I do my PSP.

If they do it, I'm certain they will make any 3D movies only available online. Churning out cartridges with movies on them would cost them too much. Pricing is up in the air. Choice is up in the air. Can't say it's all too enticing. Right now I can easily load any MP4 movies on the PSP with a standard USB cable (or I can take the card out. which I never do). 3DS will take the standard SD card. It would be nice for it to also have a direct USB connection so the card doesn't have to be constantly taken out, I reckon.

Despite seeing all the 3D hype, I still don't know if the 3DS can play MP4 like the PSP. If Nintendo didn't license MP4, it's really not going to be worth anything as a media player, in my opinion. Going by past experience, we all know Nintendo can be very tight when it comes to licensing codecs (no MP3 audio or MP4 movie support with the DS and DSi, for example). This helps keep costs low. For a device that sells millions, this is big bucks in the bank.

They haven't traditionally been too concerned with their device doing double-duty as an all-round entertainment device like their main competitor has and I can't say I'm holding my breath for their offerings in this department.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
AaronUzumaki said:
they said it's the biggest third party launch support for a nintendo system how ever all I can see making launch is dj hero 3d and the ea sports games with the rest to follow after the release

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we can get lucky and Nintendo will use MKV, which is better than MP4... It is open source. But the chance of that happening is probably slim to none.

D

Deleted User

OP
.mkv matroska video? It's the internet's little saviour, and YouTube's webM underlay.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
Maybe we can get lucky and Nintendo will use MKV, which is better than MP4... It is open source. But the chance of that happening is probably slim to none.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska
MKV is actually a 'container' for any number of codecs. It's the codec(s) themselves that need to be licensed.

A free container format won't really help Nintendo legally release something that plays a lot of formats without licensing something. Regardless, it would be nice to have support for this container but I see hell freezing over before Nintendo management ever get media savvy like this with the 3DS
cool.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Slyakin said:
awssk8er said:
I realized every point you mentioned before/at it's announcement.

However, things we don't know scare me... Well, my only concern is the battery. If it does this much stuff, it will be like the PSP. My PSP doesn't even last two hours on the lowest screen setting.

Also, you forgot to mention the online (Which is understandable because we don't know much about it), and the motion sensing it has (Which, again, we don't know anything about).

Did Nintendo ever say anything about the motion sensing? They said a few things about it before E3, and never mentioned it at E3.
The battery might be a problem, but Nintendo always does okay with batteries.
As for the gyro-scope stuff, they haven't said anything concrete about it, so... we can only wonder.
Actually, they have!
http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

It says the 3DS has a motion and gyro sensor!
yay.gif

Sweet!

I thought Nintendo just said it before E3 to get people hyped for it, then decided not to put it in. Then with all the crazy E3 announcements, everyone just forgot about it.

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JetKun said:
.mkv matroska video? It's the internet's little saviour, and YouTube's webM underlay.
It really is a good container. The only reason that MP4 is used more often is because of the iPod and the iPhone. They pretty much made MP4 the standard container.

foob said:
QUOTE(jimwhat @ Aug 10 2010, 03:08 AM) Maybe we can get lucky and Nintendo will use MKV, which is better than MP4... It is open source. But the chance of that happening is probably slim to none.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska
MKV is actually a 'container' for any number of codecs. It's the codec(s) themselves that need to be licensed.

A free container format won't really help Nintendo legally release something that plays a lot of formats without licensing something. Regardless, it would be nice to have support for this container but I see hell freezing over before Nintendo management ever get media savvy like this with the 3DS
cool.gif

Oh, I knew it was a container
biggrin.gif
MP4 is also a container. If they did have MKV I would hope that they would use the H264 codec.
And I agree. Ninty probably isn't going to use it.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
Oh, I knew it was a container
biggrin.gif
MP4 is also a container. If they did have MKV I would hope that they would use the H264 codec.
And I agree. Ninty probably isn't going to use it.

Yeah, I should have been more clear. When I say MP4 I basically mean H.264/AVC MPEG-4, like you said.

If anyone does it, I see Sony doing it before Nintendo.
Surprised me to see LG and Samsung supporting Matroska already for their Blu-Ray players and TVs (listed on the Matroska Wikipedia page)!

Internet standards really are catching on.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deathmore said:
AaronUzumaki said:
they said it's the biggest third party launch support for a nintendo system how ever all I can see making launch is dj hero 3d and the ea sports games with the rest to follow after the release

Yeah, that's what I meant. Because of this, I can assume that several, if not, most of the third part games that were officially announced will make there way to launch day. Plus, I expect Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, and some other first part releases as well. So, even if they don't have all the games shown at launch, the launch library should still be really good.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
AaronUzumaki said:
Deathmore said:
AaronUzumaki said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Because of this, I can assume that several, if not, most of the third part games that were officially announced will make there way to launch day. Plus, I expect Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, and some other first part releases as well. So, even if they don't have all the games shown at launch, the launch library should still be really good.
I can expect, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, EA sports titles, DJ Hero 3D, OOT, Nintendogs and Cats (2 versions possibly). And that's what I can think of unfortunately I don't believe AC will be released with launch, I think MK 3DS has a chance so that it'll take use of tag mode but do I really want to get my hopes up, knowing ninty it'll probably released a few weeks later.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm expecting Kid Icarus, Star Fox, EA sports titles, DJ Hero 3D and Nintendogs and Cats at least. Starfox almost for sure because that actually had a level 1 playable demo at E3. They're probably wrapping up development. But I'm not sure about OoT. From what's been shown, I really don't think they're finished development.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China