• Replies 108

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foob said:
jimwhat said:
It's already been stated many times on various sites that the top screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and the bottom screen has a 4:3 aspect ratio. I suggest using google next time.

The top screen is not 16:9.

Nintendo doesn't claim it. Who is a better source, you reckon?

We have the pixel dimensions. What more is needed?
The PSP has a standard 16:9 screen.

PSP = 480x272, which is ideal for standard widescreen movies.
Why Nintendo didn't go for this is anyone's guess.

Cost savings? Size limitations? Battery life?

Maybe if you were a little bit smarter you would have seen that I edited my post about 30 seconds after I posted it...
Plus, you don't need to add so many spaces between your sentences.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well i understand your over look about the 3DS, but you shouldn't over estimate it. i expected much more from the dsi, but didnt get as much. i have to admit the 3DS is an aweosme thing, but wait til its released

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
well i understand your over look about the 3DS, but you shouldn't over estimate it. i expected much more from the dsi, but didnt get as much. i have to admit the 3DS is an aweosme thing, but wait til its released

The DSi was a DS lite with a camera and no GBA support.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
Maybe if you were a little bit smarter you would have seen that I edited my post about 30 seconds after I posted it...

Maybe if you were smarter you'd realise people responding to you don't get to see you hiding your ignorance as you are disproven.
And you'd also realise that I don't need your advice on spacing
smile.gif

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
anaxs said:

The DSi was a DS lite with a camera and no GBA support.

thats exactly my point. i dont think that would happen with the 3DS because it's a compleatly new type of technology, but wait til it releases

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foob said:
jimwhat said:

Maybe if you were smarter you'd realise people responding to you don't get to see you hiding your ignorance as you are disproven.
And you'd also realise that I don't need your advice on spacing
smile.gif

Anyway, I don't really understand what your trying to say. I edited my post because I read some other articles. What I'm saying is that I fixed my error which doesn't mean I'm ignorant. Just because I got my info from a site which posted rumors doesn't mean I'm ignorant. And if you think it does, then maybe you should re-read the definition of ignorance.

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Remember when this thread had a topic?

Yeah, I miss that.
ok, ok sorry about going off topic.

I really hope that the third party support lasts a while. I love nintendo's games, but I've gotten kind of bored from playing mario and zelda. I can't wait for RE and MGS

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
Anyway, I don't really understand what your trying to say. I edited my post because I read some other articles. What I'm saying is that I fixed my error which doesn't mean I'm ignorant. Just because I got my info from a site which posted rumors doesn't mean I'm ignorant. And if you think it does, then maybe you should re-read the definition of ignorance.

I called you ignorant because you respond with an attitude, dishing out advice (twice) instead of just being quiet or politely admitting your mistake. Plus you somehow expect people to know ("if you were smarter...") that you edited your post minutes before. I'm not into the habit of refreshing every millisecond before I post. When I went to respond your post was up just as I quoted it. You can understand how that can happen, right?

Your response is the mark of a bruised ego.
THAT is why I called you ignorant.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foob said:
jimwhat said:

I called you ignorant because you respond with an attitude, dishing out advice (twice) instead of just being quiet or politely admitting your mistake. Plus you somehow expect people to know ("if you were smarter...") that you edited your post minutes before. I'm not into the habit of refreshing every millisecond before I post. When I went to respond your post was up just as I quoted it. You can understand how that can happen, right?

Your response is the mark of a bruised ego.
THAT is why I called you ignorant.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Aug 8 2010, 08:51 PM)

Yeah, I miss that.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:

When do I receive my Fanboi Flag?
After reading the first post, I am ready for the next best thing since sliced bread.

Does thinking that gloss sucks, a non-16:9 screen is lame and thinking the same square design (and low-res cameras) are a bit cheap disqualify me from the my application for my free Fanboi Flag?

wink.gif

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"- Launch Titles
Resident Evil: Revelations has the most amazing graphics I've seen on a handheld system. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater looks amazing! I'm glad Kojima is making it into an actual 3DS game! Mario Kart 3DS is an obvious choice. I hope to see how Nintendo makes use of 3D visuals in Mario Kart. Star Fox 3DS is great and all but the single 3DS title that makes this a must-buy is Zelda: Ocarina of Time!"

Except unfortunately you'll find that none of those are actual launch titles, I don't think? I know Resident Evil isn't, cos capcom recently announced no games for the 3ds this fiscal year (ie through march 2011)..which was a bummer to me cos I was hoping Super Street Fighter 4 3DS at least might be a ways into development..but yeah. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater was just a tech demo they made to show capabilities of the 3DS about a month before it was shown, which is why it was subtitled: "The Naked Sample"...I can't remember if Kojima has said they will still make it or if he said they're gonna make something new and different. I think the latter. Zelda was just a tech demo and they're only considering remaking it also, last I read. Mario Kart is a real full game but I don't think nintendo have actually confirmed that it's a launch title. Star Fox 3DS could be, maybe - anyone know? The only one I know of for sure, off the top of my head, that is due at launch is Kid Icarus

frankly I do feel that it was a tiny bit of a cheat to have all those amazing-looking 'games' from such cool franchises and then turn around and say no sorry, just tech demos, or no sorry, won't be coming for god knows how long..

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Popid said:
"- Launch Titles
Resident Evil: Revelations has the most amazing graphics I've seen on a handheld system. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater looks amazing! I'm glad Kojima is making it into an actual 3DS game! Mario Kart 3DS is an obvious choice. I hope to see how Nintendo makes use of 3D visuals in Mario Kart. Star Fox 3DS is great and all but the single 3DS title that makes this a must-buy is Zelda: Ocarina of Time!"

Except unfortunately you'll find that none of those are actual launch titles, I don't think? I know Resident Evil isn't, cos capcom recently announced no games for the 3ds this fiscal year (ie through march 2011)..which was a bummer to me cos I was hoping Super Street Fighter 4 3DS at least might be a ways into development..but yeah. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater was just a tech demo they made to show capabilities of the 3DS about a month before it was shown, which is why it was subtitled: "The Naked Sample"...I can't remember if Kojima has said they will still make it or if he said they're gonna make something new and different. I think the latter. Zelda was just a tech demo and they're only considering remaking it also, last I read. Mario Kart is a real full game but I don't think nintendo have actually confirmed that it's a launch title. Star Fox 3DS could be, maybe - anyone know? The only one I know of for sure, off the top of my head, that is due at launch is Kid Icarus

frankly I do feel that it was a tiny bit of a cheat to have all those amazing-looking 'games' from such cool franchises and then turn around and say no sorry, just tech demos, or no sorry, won't be coming for god knows how long..
Incorrect.
Zelda: Ocarina of Time is going to be remaked. Nintendo has confirmed it.
Metal Gear Solid is not a tech demo anymore...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=239...=0&start=0T

I suppose I was incorrect to call them launch titles, though since most of them won't be launch titles.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popid said:
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater was just a tech demo they made to show capabilities of the 3DS about a month before it was shown, which is why it was subtitled: "The Naked Sample"...I can't remember if Kojima has said they will still make it or if he said they're gonna make something new and different.

Kojima confirmed he is doing a Metal Gear Solid game for the 3DS. Whether it'll be a 3DS port of MGS3, a new title, or a remake of MGS3 is unknown though, I think.

None of Capcom's starting line-up for the 3DS is probably coming out at launch.

Now, this whole 3DS praise thing is expected and probably warranted. But I'll play devil's advocate. Really now, this is all on paper. Have you held a 3DS in your hands and played the games? Have you seen more than just a bunch of game trailers (mind you, game trailers will gussy things up to the maximum degree to make the game look godlike) and poor cam footage for the games? And has anyone here actually seen the 3D in person? Mind you that you can't see the 3D unless it's with your own eyes in person.

We also haven't seen any competition yet. Wait until a comparable PSP comes out and we'll see. I don't think the next PSP will beat the 3DS in terms of game library or stuff but it still provides as a competitor. Yeah the 3DS has generally good graphics but I'm sure when you saw the DS pull off its 3D (3D in terms of character models, not in terms of depth) but the DS is nowhere near the PSP in terms of graphics. Or even the iPhone/iPod Touch. And don't say the PSP is a bad device, the PSP is a great device. I think the DS was better but the PSP was a good competitor to say the least.

Basically I think the 3DS looks promising, but it's only looks. Passing judgment and saying "OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" is unwarranted until you have one in your own hands with an unbiased opinion. I'm sure everyone here has seen trailers for a video game you thought was gonna be awesome but turned out to be awful in reality. Like COP: The Recruit looked good on paper and in trailers but was a straight-up broken game.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
Popid said:
"- Launch Titles

Incorrect.
Zelda: Ocarina of Time is going to be remaked. Nintendo has confirmed it.
Metal Gear Solid is not a tech demo anymore...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=239...=0&start=0T

I suppose I was incorrect to call them launch titles, though since most of them won't be launch titles.
Oh well whatever. Who really cares if they come at launch. Either way, I'm sure a lot of really good games will be out in due time.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know, that's why I said "I can't remember if Kojima has said they will still make it or if he said they're gonna make something new and different. I think the latter." - I know he's working on a 3DS MG game, but it sounds like it may not be the remake that was stated in the OP.

As for OOT you may be right, I can't find proper confirmation right now with a quick google search, it's a pain in the ass cos so many places jumped to conclusions when that first blast of info was released and now searching for updated and certain info is more difficult

I actually can't find anywhere that has nintendo confirming any games in particular for launch, which I can't believe people haven't been more concerned/wondering or just plain speculative about

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
When you think about it, the 3DS has a 15:9 screen. What the hell is the point of that? Would it be that hard just to add a few more pixels on the sides? Oh well. For Widescreen movies there will either be a slight cutoff on the sides, or horizontal black bars on the top and bottom. Perhaps a choice between the two. Not an ideal situation, but it shouldn't be too bad because the screen difference is pretty small.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.