【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
Midna said:
metamaster said:
The depth perception thing is the only "issue" with the 3DS. It can be avoided by turning off the 3D. Don't get me wrong, it's an exceptional system, with incredible features.
An issue, is it? Prove it.
I don't want to ruin my eyes lol. This is long term anyway so you wouldn't notice it at first. But anyways, I didn't mean to start a war, let's just accept that we have different opinions and leave it at that.
you won't ruin your eyes if you just turn off the 3D with the 3D switch though, will you? unless you play your ds with your eyes attached to the screen.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I was worried about horizontal black bars or horrible side cutoff for movies, but actually it shouldn't be too bad. I suppose they'll probably give you a choice between those two.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
kernelPANIC said:
In this thread:

FANBOYS.

kaepora-orly.jpg

The part where Nintendo is attacking with 3DS is the fact that Sony's solution requires a new TV with 3D glasses to enjoy the experience, things that 3DS becomes unnecessary costs, this is what happens when you're a victim of disruption. Sony has spent the time running away rushes upward from Nintendo, now they don´t have a nowhere to flee.

Now 3DS has been announced and graphics system is more powerful than the PSP, the only thing left is to misinform about the technical capabilities of the new Nintendo handheld console. The only differential advantage it had on the DS (the visual) has been completely broken, and Sony has not responded to, which is why I suppose you grab at straws. The funny thing is go and find comments like this.

PD: New signature!
hrth.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I realized every point you mentioned before/at it's announcement.

However, things we don't know scare me... Well, my only concern is the battery. If it does this much stuff, it will be like the PSP. My PSP doesn't even last two hours on the lowest screen setting.

Also, you forgot to mention the online (Which is understandable because we don't know much about it), and the motion sensing it has (Which, again, we don't know anything about).

Did Nintendo ever say anything about the motion sensing? They said a few things about it before E3, and never mentioned it at E3.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:

However, things we don't know scare me... Well, my only concern is the battery. If it does this much stuff, it will be like the PSP. My PSP doesn't even last two hours on the lowest screen setting.

Also, you forgot to mention the online (Which is understandable because we don't know much about it), and the motion sensing it has (Which, again, we don't know anything about).

Did Nintendo ever say anything about the motion sensing? They said a few things about it before E3, and never mentioned it at E3.
The battery might be a problem, but Nintendo always does okay with batteries.

As for the gyro-scope stuff, they haven't said anything concrete about it, so... we can only wonder.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Slyakin said:
awssk8er said:

The battery might be a problem, but Nintendo always does okay with batteries.
As for the gyro-scope stuff, they haven't said anything concrete about it, so... we can only wonder.
Actually, they have!
http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

It says the 3DS has a motion and gyro sensor!
yay.gif

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
- Awesome Top Screen
The touch screen might not be anything special but the top one sure is! It's a beautiful 16:9 screen. Fuck the PSP's screen. This one is much better! Sexy 16:9 top screen combined with an awesome touch screen. That's epic win!

How do you figure it's 16:9?
It's not.

16 dividied by 9 = 1.77778:1

It's actually a 400x240 screen.
400 divided by 240 = 5/3 = 1.6667:1

You can tell just by looking at it that it's not a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Supposedly 400 pixels per eye when they state 800x240 (which again isn't 16:9, even if it were really 800x240)

Bottom line

The 3DS doesn't have a standard 16:9 ratio widescreen.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
foob said:
SoulSnatcher said:
- Awesome Top Screen
The touch screen might not be anything special but the top one sure is! It's a beautiful 16:9 screen. Fuck the PSP's screen. This one is much better! Sexy 16:9 top screen combined with an awesome touch screen. That's epic win!

It's not.

Supposedly 400 pixels per eye when they state 800x240 (which again isn't 16:9, even if it were really 800x240)

Bottom line

You went through all that just to disprove me. Quite frankly, you came across as an asshole.
Somebody else already told me about the 16:9 mistake.

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foob said:
SoulSnatcher said:
- Awesome Top Screen

It's not.

Bottom line

You don't have to be so mean...

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Somebody else already told me about the 16:9 mistake.

I didn't read all the responses, but yes, I like to back up my statements when possible.
You sound like a lovely fellow.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
It's already been stated many times on various sites that the top screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and the bottom screen has a 4:3 aspect ratio. I suggest using google next time.

The top screen is not 16:9.

Nintendo doesn't claim it. Who is a better source, you reckon?

We have the pixel dimensions. What more is needed?
The PSP has a standard 16:9 screen.

PSP = 480x272, which is ideal for standard widescreen movies.
Why Nintendo didn't go for this is anyone's guess.

Cost savings? Size limitations? Battery life?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1